|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) throws Francis out of the abbey
(b) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(c) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(d) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
2. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a shelter
(b) an altar
(c) a fire pit
(d) a statue
3. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) a scroll
(c) an animal
(d) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
5. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
(a) running away
(b) searching for relics
(c) looking for pilgrims
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
2. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
3. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
4. What does Francis see when he awakes?
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)