|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(b) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(c) He closes it without investigating the find.
(d) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
2. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) finding the relics of Leibowitz
(b) meeting the old man
(c) building a shelter for himself
(d) finding the fallout shelter
3. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(b) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(c) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(d) He gives no reason.
5. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
(a) 10 pounds
(b) 20 pounds
(c) 30 pounds
(d) 40 pounds
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
2. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
3. What does Francis confess to eating?
4. What does Francis see when he awakes?
5. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)