|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a fire pit
(b) a shelter
(c) a statue
(d) an altar
2. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to preserve human history
(b) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(c) to rebuild an atom bomb
(d) to put the world under the control of the church
3. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(b) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(c) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(d) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
5. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(b) a blueprint
(c) a diary
(d) a poster
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis see when he awakes?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
3. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
4. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
5. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)