|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(b) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(c) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(d) No, he is not yet canonized.
2. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he found the relics
(b) that he saw a pilgrim
(c) that he was prideful
(d) that he has a vocation
3. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He ran away from his parents' home.
(b) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
(c) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
(d) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
4. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes it without investigating the find.
(b) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(c) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(d) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
5. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(b) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(c) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(d) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
2. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
3. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
4. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
5. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)