|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What priesthood does Leibowitz join?
(a) the Cistercians
(b) the Arthurians
(c) the Albertines
(d) the Knowlenians
2. What does Francis see when he awakes?
(a) a wolf
(b) a buzzard
(c) a vision of New Rome
(d) a vision of Leibowitz
3. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1960s
(b) the 1980s
(c) the 1970s
(d) the 1990s
4. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
(a) Fallout Shelter Closed by Order of the Fire Marshall
(b) Fallout Survival Shelter / Maximum Occupancy: 15
(c) Caution: Wet Floor
(d) Do Not Enter / Danger: High Voltage
5. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(b) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(c) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(d) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
3. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
4. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)