|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(b) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(c) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(d) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(b) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(c) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(d) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
3. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
(a) a bird
(b) some fruit
(c) a stick
(d) a stone
4. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
(b) an inevitable, predestined fate
(c) a lucky accident
(d) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
5. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(b) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(c) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(d) throws Francis out of the abbey
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
4. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
5. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)