|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis confess to eating?
(a) a squirrel
(b) a quail
(c) a lizard
2. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
(a) 10 pounds
(b) 30 pounds
(c) 40 pounds
(d) 20 pounds
3. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a shelter
(b) an altar
(c) a statue
(d) a fire pit
4. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(b) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(c) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(d) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
5. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to his room to meditate on his sins
(b) back to the ruins
(c) to the infirmary
(d) back to his vigil in a new location
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
3. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
4. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
5. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)