|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(d) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
3. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
(b) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(c) He closes it without investigating the find.
(d) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
4. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
(a) Francis threatens to go over Arkos's head to New Rome.
(b) Francis has finally changed his story.
(c) Francis has shown true humility.
(d) Francis' relics apear to be genunie.
5. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(b) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
(c) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(d) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
2. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
3. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
4. What happened to Francis as a child?
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)