|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(b) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(c) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(d) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
3. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a box
(b) a coffin
(c) a staircase
(d) a book
4. What does the Abbot do with the fallout shelter?
(a) He closes it without investigating the find.
(b) He closes is awaiting the arrival of trained archaeologists.
(c) He sends three monks to inventoy it and then closes it.
(d) He sends to Rome for instructions, meanwhile marking it off limits.
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a lucky accident
(b) an inevitable, predestined fate
(c) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
(d) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
2. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
4. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
5. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)