|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
(a) He is not allowed to speak during his fast.
(b) His throat is hoarse, and it hurts to talk.
(c) He's not sure if the pilgrim will attack him.
(d) He has taken a vow of silence and can't remember how to talk.
2. What is Leibowitz's goal in the priesthood?
(a) to preserve human history
(b) to build up his own glory for his future sainthood
(c) to put the world under the control of the church
(d) to rebuild an atom bomb
3. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
4. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
(a) a stone
(b) a staff
(c) a stick
(d) a knife
5. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
(a) a biscuit and cheese
(b) meat and cheese
(c) a dry crust
(d) milk and bread
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
3. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
5. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)