|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) seven years
(b) three years
(c) five years
(d) nine years
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to the ruins
(b) to his room to meditate on his sins
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) to the infirmary
3. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) an animal
(c) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
(d) a scroll
4. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(b) No, he is not yet canonized.
(c) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
5. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(a) a monster
(b) a weather system
(c) a saint
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
2. What term for the unlearned do the people of the Simplification embrace as a complimentary term?
3. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
4. What does Francis see when he awakes?
5. Whose skull is rumored to be the skull with the gold tooth?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)