|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(c) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(d) He gives no reason.
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
3. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) his open hand
(b) an ancient tome
(c) a hickory ruler
(d) a long staff
4. What is Brother Francis building?
(a) a fire pit
(b) an altar
(c) a statue
(d) a shelter
5. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(c) He was mutated by radiation.
(d) His legs are wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the pilgrim have to eat?
2. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
3. What does Francis see when he awakes?
4. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
5. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
This section contains 260 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)