|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(d) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
2. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) in the Flame Deluge
(b) in the Firey Exculpation
(c) at the end of time
(d) in the Great Fire
3. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
(a) a coffin
(b) a staircase
(c) a book
(d) a box
4. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a long staff
(b) an ancient tome
(c) a hickory ruler
(d) his open hand
5. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The old paper is too fragile.
(b) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(c) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(d) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
2. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
3. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
4. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
5. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)