|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(a) a diary
(c) a poster
(d) a blueprint
2. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, he is not yet canonized.
(b) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(c) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(d) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
3. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
(a) a ruby ring
(b) gold coins
(c) a gold tooth
(d) a gold necklace
4. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(b) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(c) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(d) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a lucky accident
(b) an inevitable, predestined fate
(c) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
(d) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
2. Why is Brother Francis reluctant to speak to the pilgrim?
3. What does the sign Brother Francis finds beneath the rocks in Chapter 1 say?
4. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
5. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)