|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
(a) a scroll
(c) the remains of Blessed Leibowitz
(d) an animal
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to his room to meditate on his sins
(b) back to the ruins
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) to the infirmary
3. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(b) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(c) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(d) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
4. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
(a) some fruit
(b) a stick
(c) a bird
(d) a stone
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(b) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(c) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(d) He says, "Deo gratias!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
2. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
3. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
4. What is Brother Fingo's current job?
5. What does Brother Francis find in the hole?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)