|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1960s
(b) the 1970s
(c) the 1980s
(d) the 1990s
2. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
3. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He has arthritis.
(b) His legs are wounded.
(c) He is used to sitting in a chair.
(d) He was mutated by radiation.
4. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a hickory ruler
(b) his open hand
(c) an ancient tome
(d) a long staff
5. With what does the pilgrim attack Brother Francis?
(a) a stone
(b) a stick
(c) a staff
(d) a knife
Short Answer Questions
1. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
3. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
4. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
5. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)