|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
2. What confession prompts Cheroki to withhold absolution from Francis?
(a) Francis' altercation with the pilgrim
(b) Francis' temptation to eat the pilgrim's food
(c) Francis' failure to finish his shelter
(d) Francis' story about finding the relics
3. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
4. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
5. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
(a) a library
(b) a basilica
(c) a new capital for the Church
(d) a new capital for the country
Short Answer Questions
1. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
2. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
3. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
4. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
5. In Chapter 1, what is Brother Francis Gerard of Utah doing in the desert?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)