|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(b) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(c) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
(d) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
2. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(b) No, he is not yet canonized.
(c) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
3. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
(b) a saint
(c) a weather system
(d) a monster
4. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he saw a pilgrim
(b) that he found the relics
(c) that he was prideful
(d) that he has a vocation
5. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(b) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(c) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(d) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
2. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
3. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
4. What is Brother Francis' first reaction to the stranger?
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)