|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Fingo's original trade?
(b) horse trainer
(c) map maker
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(b) The old paper is too fragile.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
3. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) in the Great Fire
(b) at the end of time
(c) in the Flame Deluge
(d) in the Firey Exculpation
4. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(b) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(c) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(d) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
(b) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
(c) an inevitable, predestined fate
(d) a lucky accident
Short Answer Questions
1. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
2. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
5. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)