|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Cheroki find standing and kneeling uncomfortable?
(a) He was mutated by radiation.
(b) He has arthritis.
(c) His legs are wounded.
(d) He is used to sitting in a chair.
2. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(b) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(c) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(d) He gives no reason.
3. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(d) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
4. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1970s
(b) the 1990s
(c) the 1980s
(d) the 1960s
5. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(b) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Francis at first believe is in the hole?
2. What does the pilgrim find for Brother Francis?
3. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
4. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
5. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)