|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The old paper is too fragile.
(b) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(c) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
2. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(b) No, he is not yet canonized.
(c) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(d) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
3. When does Brother Francis believe the Fallout was born?
(a) in the Flame Deluge
(b) in the Great Fire
(c) at the end of time
(d) in the Firey Exculpation
4. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he saw a pilgrim
(b) that he found the relics
(c) that he has a vocation
(d) that he was prideful
5. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to his room to meditate on his sins
(b) to the infirmary
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) back to the ruins
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Brother Francis believe Fallout is?
2. Cheroki's reaction to Francis' confession is ____________.
3. Why does Cheroki finally absolve Francis?
4. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
5. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)