|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many monks does it take to run the invention?
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(b) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(c) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(d) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
3. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(b) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
(c) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(d) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
4. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
(a) The Pope says that Francis's time won't be wasted if the blueprint is recovered.
(b) No time spent in labor of God is ever wasted.
(c) His efforts caused the robber to take the illustrated blueprint instead of the real relic.
(d) The illustrated blueprint is still beautiful, even though it is lost.
5. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
(a) a miraculously preserved body
(b) 15 skeletons
(c) blueprint making materials
(d) a treasure trove of electronic equipment
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
2. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
4. What decree does the Pope give Francis?
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)