|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(b) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(c) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(d) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
2. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue for the truth of the rumors
(b) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(c) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(d) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
3. What does Paulo tell Kornhoer?
(a) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention is not as impressive as he thought.
(b) Paulo tells Kornhoer the invention must be dismantled.
(c) Paulo congratulates Kornhoer on his success.
(d) Paulo rebukes Kornhoer for frighening everyone.
4. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(d) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
5. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
(b) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(c) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
(d) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
2. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
3. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
4. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
5. What does Mrs. Grales want the abbot to do?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)