|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
(a) a printing press
(b) a telegraph
(c) a copying machine
(d) an electtric light
2. What does God do to the prince in the myth of the Flame Deluge?
(a) banishes him to Purgatory
(b) saves him when the prince repents
(c) sentences him to walk the Earth eternally
(d) slays him
3. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
4. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(c) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(d) He begs the Abbot to stop.
5. What do the Asians claim the nuclear detonation is?
(a) an illegal attack on their soil
(b) a rocket ship that blew up on launch
(c) an attempt to divert a subterranean river
(d) a failed weapons test
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the Pope enter the chamber for the canonization?
2. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
3. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
4. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
5. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
This section contains 337 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)