|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(b) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(c) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(d) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
2. What does Paulo say Taddeo's evidence comes from?
(a) a mistranslation
(b) a play or fictional dialog
(d) a science fiction novel of the 20th century
3. Why does Taddeo prefer the fragile original documents to the copies?
(a) Though the originals are fraile, the copies are even more delicate.
(b) The original documents can be carbon dated.
(c) The copyists were not always accurate.
(d) The copies have faded worse over time than the originals.
4. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Fortunes Told Inside"
(b) "Tents Mended Here"
(c) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(d) "Beware of Dogs"
5. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) from the slaughterhouse
(b) in a game of mumbly-peg
(c) in a game of poker
(d) wandering aimlessly on the moor
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
2. What behavior of Taddeo's party worries Paulo?
3. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
4. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
5. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)