|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from a vision he had in his sleep
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from one hidden book he deciphered
(d) from Brother Armbruster
2. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(a) a blueprint
(b) a diary
(c) a poster
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
4. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(b) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(c) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
5. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
(a) a mutation caused by radiation
(b) a servant species created by a higher civilization
(c) an experiment accidentally let loose in the world
(d) a regression to an earlier stage of evolution
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
2. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
3. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
4. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
5. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)