|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the King of Loredo?
(a) He surrenders immediately to Hannegan.
(b) He is poisoned.
(c) He is beheaded.
(d) He dies in battle.
2. Why does the Pope say Francis' time creating the illustrated blueprint was not wasted?
(a) No time spent in labor of God is ever wasted.
(b) The illustrated blueprint is still beautiful, even though it is lost.
(c) His efforts caused the robber to take the illustrated blueprint instead of the real relic.
(d) The Pope says that Francis's time won't be wasted if the blueprint is recovered.
3. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
(a) Francis has shown true humility.
(b) Francis has finally changed his story.
(c) Francis' relics apear to be genunie.
(d) Francis threatens to go over Arkos's head to New Rome.
4. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
(a) beats Francis each day for 10 days
(b) refuses to allow Francis to take his vows
(c) blackmails Francis into lying about his experience
(d) throws Francis out of the abbey
5. What does Francis ask forgiveness for during confession?
(a) the loss of the illuminated blueprint due to Francis's carelessness
(b) Francis's hubris for desiring to attend the canonization
(c) Francis's desire to have his illustrated blueprint admired
(d) the discovery of the shelter holding up Leibowitz's sainthood
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
2. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Taddeo suspect surviving mankind might be?
4. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)