|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 25.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(b) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(c) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(d) to argue for the truth of the rumors
2. Where does the Church plan to send a mission to preserve humanity?
(a) the moon
(b) Alpha Centauri
3. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
(b) He honors their memories.
(c) He thinks the stories are false.
(d) He wishes he could go back and save them.
4. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three years
(b) three days
(c) three weeks
(d) three months
5. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(c) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(d) The old paper is too fragile.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
2. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
3. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
4. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
5. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)