|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1960s
(b) the 1970s
(c) the 1990s
(d) the 1980s
2. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(c) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(d) He says, "Deo gratias!"
3. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
(b) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(c) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(d) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
4. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
5. What does Francis confess to eating?
(a) a quail
(c) a squirrel
(d) a lizard
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
2. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
3. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
5. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)