|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to Francis as a child?
(a) He ran away from his parents' home.
(b) He had a vision of Leibowitz.
(c) He was adopted by a loving Utah couple.
(d) He was kidnapped by a shaman.
2. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
(b) a blueprint
(c) a diary
(d) a poster
3. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(b) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
4. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(d) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
5. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
(a) accidentally setting off a weapon
(b) rerouting a river
(c) digging for 50 years
(d) praying for the lake to appear
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
2. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
3. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
4. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
5. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)