|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(c) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(d) He gives no reason.
2. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a cat's desire to study birds
(b) a dog's desire for a bone
(c) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
(d) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
3. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(b) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(c) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(d) restoring lost words from damaged documents
4. What does Francis confess to eating?
(a) a squirrel
(b) a lizard
(c) a quail
5. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(b) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
3. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
4. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
5. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)