|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
(a) a lucky accident
(b) a purposeful design by the strange pilgrim
(c) a sign from God of his vocation as a monk of Leibowitz
(d) an inevitable, predestined fate
2. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(b) revokes Francis's vocation
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
3. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1980s
(b) the 1970s
(c) the 1960s
(d) the 1990s
4. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a dog's desire for a bone
(b) a cat's desire to study birds
(c) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
(d) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
5. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(b) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(c) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(d) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
3. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
4. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
5. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)