|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's blood
(b) Leibowitz's tears
(c) Leibowitz's sweat
(d) Emily's blood
2. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a hickory ruler
(b) an ancient tome
(c) his open hand
(d) a long staff
3. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(b) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(c) The old paper is too fragile.
(d) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
4. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) meeting the old man
(b) finding the fallout shelter
(c) building a shelter for himself
(d) finding the relics of Leibowitz
5. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(b) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(c) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
3. What does Francis see when he awakes?
4. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
5. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)