|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(c) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(d) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
2. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) building a shelter for himself
(b) finding the relics of Leibowitz
(c) finding the fallout shelter
(d) meeting the old man
3. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
(a) Francis' relics apear to be genunie.
(b) Francis threatens to go over Arkos's head to New Rome.
(c) Francis has shown true humility.
(d) Francis has finally changed his story.
4. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(b) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(c) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
3. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
4. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
5. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)