|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, he is not yet canonized.
(b) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
(c) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(d) Yes, he was recently canonized.
2. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
3. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(b) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(c) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(d) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The old paper is too fragile.
(b) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(c) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
(d) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(c) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(d) He says, "Deo gratias!"
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
2. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
3. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
4. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
5. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)