|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
(a) a library
(b) a basilica
(c) a new capital for the Church
(d) a new capital for the country
2. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(b) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(c) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(d) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
3. What does Francis see when he awakes?
(a) a vision of Leibowitz
(b) a vision of New Rome
(c) a wolf
(d) a buzzard
4. What does Francis confess to eating?
(b) a squirrel
(c) a quail
(d) a lizard
5. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(b) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(c) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
(d) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
2. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
3. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)