|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
(a) Brother Francis is allowed no food at all on his fast.
(b) There is no food left for Brother Francis to eat.
(c) It is too dangerous to collect cactus fruit in the dark.
(d) Brother Francis decides to eat nothing to cleanse himself.
2. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he saw a pilgrim
(b) that he found the relics
(c) that he has a vocation
(d) that he was prideful
3. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a dog's desire for a bone
(b) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
(c) a cat's desire to study birds
(d) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(c) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(d) He gives no reason.
5. Who insists that Francis must complete his illuminated blueprint?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
2. What does Francis see when he awakes?
3. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
4. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
5. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
This section contains 351 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)