|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) nine years
(b) seven years
(c) three years
(d) five years
2. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) his open hand
(b) a long staff
(c) an ancient tome
(d) a hickory ruler
3. Venerable Boedullus created a lake by _____________________________.
(a) accidentally setting off a weapon
(b) rerouting a river
(c) digging for 50 years
(d) praying for the lake to appear
4. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
(a) No, and the monks have given up on having him canonized.
(b) Yes, he was recently canonized.
(c) No, he is not yet canonized.
(d) Yes, he was canonized long ago.
5. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
(b) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(c) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(d) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Brother Francis attribute his finding of the fallout shelter?
2. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
3. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
4. What does Francis see when he awakes?
5. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)