|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Francis confess to eating?
(b) a quail
(c) a lizard
(d) a squirrel
2. Why doesn't Francis open the racing form?
(a) The old paper is too fragile.
(b) Francis considers the racing form holy and doesn't want to touch it.
(c) The racing form is stuck together with some kind of glue.
(d) The monks believe that gambling is a sin.
3. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
(b) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(c) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(d) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
4. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) meeting the old man
(b) building a shelter for himself
(c) finding the relics of Leibowitz
(d) finding the fallout shelter
5. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(b) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
(c) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(d) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
2. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
3. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)