|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(b) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
(a) Brother Francis believes he can use carbon dating on paper artifacts to date the site.
(b) Paper artifacts are most valuable because most paper has decayed.
(c) Brother Francis confuses all paper for the paper money used before the catastrophe.
(d) Excavating for anything but paper documents has been ruled too dangerous.
3. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
(a) finding the relics of Leibowitz
(b) finding the fallout shelter
(c) meeting the old man
(d) building a shelter for himself
4. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to the infirmary
(b) to his room to meditate on his sins
(c) back to the ruins
(d) back to his vigil in a new location
5. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
(a) its wry smile
(b) its overlarge belly
(c) its overlarge ears
(d) its laughing eyes
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Abbot do when Francis won't categorically deny any mystical significance to the stranger?
2. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
3. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
4. What does Brother Francis find that has the name Leibowitz, I.E. on it?
5. What does Francis say about the rumors surrounding his meeting of the pilgrim?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)