|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
(a) the 1980s
(b) the 1970s
(c) the 1960s
(d) the 1990s
2. What does Francis admit about the strange pilgrim?
(a) His words seemed drowned out, perhaps by a heavenly choir.
(b) His head glowed as if he might have a halo.
(c) He wrote two unintelligible marks on a rock.
(d) After he left, Francis did discover some rose petals in the dirt.
3. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to the ruins
(b) to the infirmary
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(c) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(d) He gives no reason.
5. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) revokes Francis's vocation
(b) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(c) shrugs and walk away
(d) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
2. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
4. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
5. How much weight has Francis lost during his vigil?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)