|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(b) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(c) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(d) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
2. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(b) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
(c) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
(d) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
3. What do the Dominicans find in the sealed inner chamber of the Fallout Shelter?
(a) a treasure trove of electronic equipment
(b) a miraculously preserved body
(c) blueprint making materials
(d) 15 skeletons
4. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) his open hand
(b) a long staff
(c) a hickory ruler
(d) an ancient tome
5. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
(a) a mouse's desire to run into a hole
(b) a dog's desire for a bone
(c) a vulture's attraction to a dead beast
(d) a cat's desire to study birds
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis confess to eating?
2. Why does Brother Francis only hope to find paper artifacts in the fallout shelter?
3. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
4. What does Abbot Arkos dislike about Fingo's figure of Leibowitz?
5. What does Brother Francis find that lets him know the fallout shelter hasn't been plundered?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)