|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(b) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(c) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
2. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(b) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(c) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
(d) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
3. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to his room to meditate on his sins
(b) back to the ruins
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) to the infirmary
4. What does Francis confess to eating?
(a) a quail
(b) a squirrel
(d) a lizard
5. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) He gives no reason.
(b) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(c) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(d) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Cheroki compare Francis' desire to have a vocation?
2. What does Francis picture the fallout shelter becoming?
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
4. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
5. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)