|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(b) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(c) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(d) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
2. Why does Francis fail to complete his shelter?
(a) He cannot find enough rocks to complete the shelter.
(b) He spends too much time exploring the fallout shelter and runs out of light.
(c) He realizes that while he's been in the fallout shelter, wolves have surrounded his shelter.
(d) He cannot find the right shape rock for the last piece.
3. What is the role of the Devil's Advocate?
(a) to argue against continuing the word of the Order
(b) to argue against Francis's priesthood
(c) to argue against Leibowitz's sainthood
(d) to argue for the truth of the rumors
4. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(b) shrugs and walk away
(c) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(d) revokes Francis's vocation
5. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) his open hand
(b) an ancient tome
(c) a long staff
(d) a hickory ruler
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis believe is the most significant event that happened to him in the desert?
2. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
3. Why does Francis go to bed without food?
4. Is Leibowitz a saint at the beginning of the novel?
5. When did the Age of Enlightenment end?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)