|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Poet
(b) the Bard
(c) the Pauper
(d) the Preacher
2. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
(a) Francis' relics apear to be genunie.
(b) Francis has shown true humility.
(c) Francis has finally changed his story.
(d) Francis threatens to go over Arkos's head to New Rome.
3. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(b) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(c) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
(d) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) three years
(b) nine years
(c) five years
(d) seven years
5. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(b) by wrestling the robber
(c) by stabbing the robber
(d) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
2. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
4. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
5. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)