|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Poet
(b) the Pauper
(c) the Preacher
(d) the Bard
2. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(b) "Fortunes Told Inside"
(c) "Beware of Dogs"
(d) "Tents Mended Here"
3. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
4. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
(b) as a heathen who must be converted
(c) as an enemy
(d) as a friend
5. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
(b) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
(d) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
2. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
4. Who was Taddeo's mother?
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)