|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
(b) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
(d) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
2. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(b) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(c) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(d) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
3. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
4. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three weeks
(b) three years
(c) three months
(d) three days
5. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(c) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(d) He gives no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
2. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. Who was Taddeo's mother?
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)