|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
2. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of poker
(b) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(c) from the slaughterhouse
(d) in a game of mumbly-peg
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) five years
(b) three years
(c) nine years
(d) seven years
4. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) shrugs and walk away
(b) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(c) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(d) revokes Francis's vocation
5. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(b) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(c) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(d) He gives no reason.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
3. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
4. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
5. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)