|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) revokes Francis's vocation
(b) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(c) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(d) shrugs and walk away
2. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
3. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
(b) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
(d) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
4. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He refuses to take the goat back.
(b) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(c) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
(d) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(b) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(c) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(d) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
3. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
4. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
5. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)