|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(d) the Messiah
2. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) from the slaughterhouse
(b) in a game of mumbly-peg
(c) in a game of poker
(d) wandering aimlessly on the moor
3. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
4. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
(a) as a heathen who must be converted
(c) as an enemy
(d) as a friend
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(b) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(c) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(d) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
2. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
This section contains 243 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)