|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
(a) a daisy
(b) an eyeball
(c) a goldfish
(d) a rare orchid
2. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(b) by wrestling the robber
(c) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(d) by stabbing the robber
3. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
(a) to suggest to the superstitious that he has the evil eye
(b) to show that he has one eye always trained on heaven
(c) to keep the dust from irritating his infected eye
(d) to stop his wandering eye from looking off the path
4. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Preacher
(b) the Pauper
(c) the Poet
(d) the Bard
5. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) seven years
(b) nine years
(c) three years
(d) five years
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
2. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)