|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three weeks
(b) three years
(c) three months
(d) three days
2. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of mumbly-peg
(b) in a game of poker
(c) wandering aimlessly on the moor
(d) from the slaughterhouse
3. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to his vigil in a new location
(b) to the infirmary
(c) back to the ruins
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
4. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) a hickory ruler
(b) an ancient tome
(c) his open hand
(d) a long staff
5. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
(a) that he has a vocation
(b) that he found the relics
(c) that he was prideful
(d) that he saw a pilgrim
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
2. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
3. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
5. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)