|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(a) the Messiah
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
(b) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(d) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
3. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to the infirmary
(b) back to his vigil in a new location
(c) back to the ruins
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
4. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
(b) He refuses to take the goat back.
(c) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(d) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
5. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
(a) an eyeball
(b) a goldfish
(c) a daisy
(d) a rare orchid
Short Answer Questions
1. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
2. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
3. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
4. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
5. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)