|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of mumbly-peg
(b) in a game of poker
(c) from the slaughterhouse
(d) wandering aimlessly on the moor
2. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He refuses to take the goat back.
(b) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(c) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(d) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
3. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) an ancient tome
(b) his open hand
(c) a hickory ruler
(d) a long staff
4. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
(c) the Messiah
5. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three weeks
(b) three years
(c) three days
(d) three months
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
2. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)