|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
(b) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(c) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(d) restoring lost words from damaged documents
2. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) revokes Francis's vocation
(b) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
(c) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(d) shrugs and walk away
3. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
(a) an ugly, stocky old woman and three young girls
(b) two normal-seeming men who claim that they are angels
(c) a short, normal-seeming robber and his two-headed companion
(d) two brawny, muscled men with three eyes
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) five years
(b) three years
(c) nine years
(d) seven years
5. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(b) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(c) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(d) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
2. For whom does Paulo think Benjamin is waiting?
3. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
4. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
5. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)