|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(b) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(c) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(d) He begs the Abbot to stop.
2. Who was Taddeo's mother?
(a) an unmarried serving maid
(b) a poor but politically powerful woman
(c) a wealthy, powerful woman who scorned marriage
(d) a wealthy woman lacking political power
3. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(b) "Fortunes Told Inside"
(c) "Tents Mended Here"
(d) "Beware of Dogs"
4. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
(a) Yes, he is completely convinced the stranger was actually St. Leibowitz.
(b) Yes, but he admits the stranger may have been an ordinary man.
(c) No, he realizes the stranger was an ordinary man who tricked him and planned an escape through the mountains.
(d) No, he believes the pilgrim was an ordinary man but doesn't know what happened to him.
5. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
(a) his open hand
(b) a long staff
(c) a hickory ruler
(d) an ancient tome
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
2. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
3. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
4. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
5. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)