|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three years
(b) three weeks
(c) three days
(d) three months
2. Why does the robber take the illumination instead of the original?
(a) The gold-embellished illumination appears more valuable.
(b) The robber is religious and wants the true relic to go to Rome.
(c) The robber is afraid of excommunication from New Rome if he steals the relic.
(d) The robber is afraid the Church will kill him if he steals the relic.
3. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(b) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(c) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(d) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
4. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by wrestling the robber
(b) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(c) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
(d) by stabbing the robber
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
(a) to suggest to the superstitious that he has the evil eye
(b) to keep the dust from irritating his infected eye
(c) to show that he has one eye always trained on heaven
(d) to stop his wandering eye from looking off the path
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
2. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
3. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
4. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
5. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)