|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
(b) as a heathen who must be converted
(c) as an enemy
(d) as a friend
2. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
(b) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
(d) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
3. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
4. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Fortunes Told Inside"
(b) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(c) "Tents Mended Here"
(d) "Beware of Dogs"
5. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
2. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)