|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(b) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(c) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
(d) He says, "Deo gratias!"
2. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) from the slaughterhouse
(b) in a game of poker
(c) in a game of mumbly-peg
(d) wandering aimlessly on the moor
3. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
4. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
(a) shrugs and walk away
(b) sends Francis back to work in the kitchen
(c) revokes Francis's vocation
(d) orders Francis to stop work on the project immediately
5. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(b) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(c) He refuses to take the goat back.
(d) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
2. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. How does Paulo feel about Taddeo's approaching visit?
5. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)