|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(b) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
(c) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(d) He gives no reason.
2. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
(a) The robber will let Francis away with his life if Francis promises not to persue him.
(b) The robber will return the illumination for two heklos of gold.
(c) The robber will return the illumination for a chance to meet the Pope.
(d) The robber will destroy the illumination if anyone comes after him.
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) five years
(b) seven years
(c) nine years
(d) three years
4. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Poet
(b) the Preacher
(c) the Pauper
(d) the Bard
5. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to his vigil in a new location
(b) back to the ruins
(c) to the infirmary
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
2. What does Benjamin offer Paulo to drink?
3. Who educated Taddeo?
4. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
5. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)