|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(b) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
(c) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(d) He refuses to take the goat back.
2. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) to the infirmary
(b) back to his vigil in a new location
(c) back to the ruins
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
3. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) five years
(b) nine years
(c) three years
(d) seven years
4. What reason does the Abbot give for disbelieving the story of the pilgrim?
(a) He gives no reason.
(b) The road is blocked, so no one could have come through.
(c) Another novice walking along the road saw no one.
(d) No pilgrim stopped at the abbey.
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
(a) He begs the Abbot to stop.
(b) He says, "Deo gratias!"
(c) He remains silent and submits to his punishment.
(d) He groans and asks for forgiveness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
2. With what does the Abbot hit Francis?
3. What does the Abbot want Francis to deny?
4. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
5. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)