|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Francis try to get the illumination back?
(a) by stabbing the robber
(b) by wrestling the robber
(c) by threatening the robber with reprisals from New Rome
(d) by threatening the robber with lightning from God
2. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
(a) to suggest to the superstitious that he has the evil eye
(b) to show that he has one eye always trained on heaven
(c) to keep the dust from irritating his infected eye
(d) to stop his wandering eye from looking off the path
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three years
(b) three months
(c) three days
(d) three weeks
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) five years
(b) nine years
(c) seven years
(d) three years
5. Who does Paulo kick out of the guesthouse?
(a) the Poet
(b) the Bard
(c) the Preacher
(d) the Pauper
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
2. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
4. What does Paulo find in a vase of water in the guesthouse?
5. How does Francis respond to being hit by the Abbot?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)