|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to the ruins
(b) to the infirmary
(c) back to his vigil in a new location
(d) to his room to meditate on his sins
2. How old does the Old Jew claim to be?
3. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three years
(b) three months
(c) three weeks
(d) three days
4. What does Benjamin say the sign outside his tent means?
(a) "Fortunes Told Inside"
(b) "Stormy Weather Ahead"
(c) "Tents Mended Here"
(d) "Beware of Dogs"
5. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
(a) He makes a bet with Paulo over the goat.
(b) He takes the goat back without thanks.
(c) He rewards Paulo for returning the goat.
(d) He refuses to take the goat back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Paulo treat the Old Jew?
2. Who attacks Francis on his way to Rome?
3. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
4. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
5. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)