|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 16.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the Abbot send Francis?
(a) back to his vigil in a new location
(b) to his room to meditate on his sins
(c) to the infirmary
(d) back to the ruins
2. How long is the journey from the abbey to New Rome?
(a) three weeks
(b) three days
(c) three years
(d) three months
3. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(b) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(c) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(d) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
4. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(b) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
5. Where does the unwelcome guest claim to have gotten the Old Jew's goat?
(a) in a game of mumbly-peg
(b) from the slaughterhouse
(c) in a game of poker
(d) wandering aimlessly on the moor
Short Answer Questions
1. What offer does the robber finally make Francis?
2. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
3. What does the Old Jew, Benjamin, do when Paulo comes to return his goat?
4. Does Francis believe the strange pilgrim was supernatural?
5. What is the purpose of Francis' black eye patch?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)