|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention explodes.
(b) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
(c) The invention quietly fails.
(d) The invention works.
2. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from Brother Armbruster
(b) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(c) from a vision he had in his sleep
(d) from one hidden book he deciphered
3. What does Paulo refuse to do?
(a) allow Kornhoer's invention to remain assembled
(b) greet Taddeo on his arrival
(c) see a doctor
(d) allow Taddeo in the abbey
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
(a) three years
(b) five years
(c) seven years
(d) nine years
5. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He honors their memories.
(b) He thinks the stories are false.
(c) He wishes he could go back and save them.
(d) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
2. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
3. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
4. How long is the war between Hannegan and Laredo?
5. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)