|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Wat does Taddeo accuse the monks of doing?
(a) forgetting their origins
(b) withholding knowledge from mankind
(c) trying to keep him at the abbey
(d) secretly organizing against Hannegan
2. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention quietly fails.
(b) The invention explodes.
(c) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
(d) The invention works.
3. How does Taddeo react to the stories of monks who have died or gone blind preserving the Memorabilia?
(a) He is indifferent to their sacrifice.
(b) He thinks the stories are false.
(c) He wishes he could go back and save them.
(d) He honors their memories.
4. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(b) from one hidden book he deciphered
(c) from Brother Armbruster
(d) from a vision he had in his sleep
5. What is Francis' pet project as a copyist?
(a) decoding Leibowitz's memo book
(b) making an illuminated version of Leibowitz's blueprint
(c) restoring lost words from damaged documents
(d) creating illustrated panels of Leibowitz's name
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
2. What does Kornhoer want to remove from the alcove where Taddeo will work?
3. What does the abbot do when he finds out that Francis is planning a complex, illustrated project glorifying Leibowitz's blueprint?
4. How long does Francis remain a novitiate?
5. After the war, what does Hannegan do to Apollo?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)