One Week Quiz A
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Paulo have in his office?
(a) Fingo's carving of St. Leibowitz
(b) five pages of indecipherable text
(c) the original Leibowitz blueprint relic
(d) Francis's illuminated blueprint
2. What is the result of Kornhoer's test of his invention?
(a) The invention explodes.
(b) The invention quietly fails.
(c) The invention works.
(d) The invention works for a while and then quits without explanation.
3. What does Francis speculate that the stain on the blueprint might be?
(a) Leibowitz's tears
(b) Emily's blood
(c) Leibowitz's blood
(d) Leibowitz's sweat
4. How does Francis initially think blueprints were produced?
(a) by using a chemical process to impress white lines on blue paper
(b) by filling in blue ink around the white lines
(c) by using a chemical process to impress blue ink around white lines
(d) by drawing in special white ink over blue-painted paper
5. Where did Kornhoer get the information to help him create his invention?
(a) from one hidden book he deciphered
(b) from Brother Armbruster
(c) from fragments of documents in the abbey
(d) from a vision he had in his sleep
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Arkos let Francis take his vows in the Albertine Order of Leibowitz?
2. What happens to the King of Loredo?
3. What does Tadeo offer to do after the war begins?
4. What is Brother Kornhoer inventing?
5. What does Paulo refuse to do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)