|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 7, "John Vann Stays".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which distinguished general from World War II is dispatched to Vietnam to assess the situation?
(a) General Victor Krulak.
(b) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(c) General Douglas MacArthur.
(d) General George S. Patton.
2. Following their slow but steady stream of military successes, the South Vietnamese President, Ngo Dinh Diem, awards the 7th Infantry Division for their __________________.
(a) Total victory over the Vietcong.
(b) Combat expertise.
(c) Well-ordered retreats.
3. What does John Paul Vann find out about the numbers of the Regional Forces in Hau Nghia?
(a) They were greatly exaggerated.
(b) There were no Regional Forces there.
(c) They were a significant fighting force.
(d) They were supported by three VC divisions.
4. Who is the Buddhist monk who voluntarily burned himself to death in order to protest the cruel actions of Diem's government in Saigon?
(a) Quang Duc.
(b) Ba Lai.
(c) Nguyen Tan.
(d) Quang Cho.
5. John Paul Vann is born during what era?
(a) The Alaskan Gold Rush.
(b) The Spanish-American War.
(c) The 1950s.
(d) The Great Depression.
Short Answer Questions
1. As a result of the outcome of the Battle of Ap Bac, how do the Viet Cong react?
2. The headquarters of the 7th Infantry Division of the ARVN is called:
3. During 1962, much of South Vietnam is __________.
4. Medical treatment centers are established by USOM to help what group of people?
5. John Paul Vann's Vietnamese counterpart is named:
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)