|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, "Antecedents to the Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many brothers does John Paul Vann have?
2. Diem engages in an ambitious campaign that redistributes _______________ from the Buddhist farmers to the Catholic refugees fleeing North Vietnam.
3. How many children do John Paul Vann and his wife have?
4. Ngo Dinh Diem is very afraid of ________________.
(b) Dealing with the Chinese Communists.
(c) A coup d'etat.
(d) Being on the losing side against the Vietcong.
5. On what day does the attack at Ap Bac begin?
(a) January 2, 1963.
(b) January 10, 1962.
(c) April 4, 1965.
(d) December 14, 1963.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the American troops' nickname for the Viet Cong?
2. What is the method used by the United States to quell the rebellious tendencies of the South Vietnamese farmers who would otherwise be inclined to fight with or provide assistance to the Vietcong?
3. The protagonist of the book, John Paul Vann, is killed in 1972 while serving what organization?
4. Which religious group does President Ngo Dinh Diem persecute most severely?
5. U.S. military ships are fired on during a routine mission in this body of water:
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)