|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5, "Antecedents to the Man".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ARVN commanders feel ____________ to the forces of the Vietcong.
(b) Allegiance with
(c) Equal to
2. Which one of the twelve U.S. generals stationed in Saigon feels the need to visit the site of the Battle of Ap Bac to assess what went wrong?
(a) General York.
(b) General Harkins.
(c) General Porter.
(d) General Westmoreland.
3. The ARVN forces are often sent to level villages suspected of being what?
(a) Predominantly Buddhist.
(b) Disloyal to the South Vietnamese government.
(c) Vietcong positions.
(d) All answers are correct.
4. What is the nickname of John Paul Vann's maternal grandmother?
5. Which of the following ARVN commanders is promoted to the rank of general just before the Battle of Ap Bac?
(a) Tong Doc Loc.
(b) Le Nguyen Binh.
(c) Huynh Van Cao.
(d) Bui Dinh Dam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person becomes a sort of father figure to John Paul Vann?
2. U.S. military ships are fired on during a routine mission in this body of water:
3. When do the Vann children eventually start receiving gifts for Christmas?
4. John Paul Vann's Vietnamese counterpart is named:
5. University students in which city start riots to protest Diem's government?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)