|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What organization is established by President Kennedy to act as an advisory body to the government in South Vietnam?
(a) Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) The OSS.
(c) Military Council of Vietnam.
(d) Military Assistance Command - Vietnam.
2. In what city is the 7th Infantry Division (and John Paul Vann) stationed?
(a) Ap Bac.
(b) My Tho.
3. Approximately how many pages are in the famous "Pentagon Papers"?
4. U.S. military ships are fired on during a routine mission in this body of water:
(a) South China Sea.
(b) Gulf of Tonkin.
(c) Bay of Biscay.
(d) Indian Ocean.
5. Which notable newspaper reporter of the era is an attendee at the John Paul Vann funeral?
(a) David Horowitz.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Edward Woodward.
(d) Joseph Alsop.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which Vietnamese emperor hands over his power and authority to the Viet Minh when he abdicates the throne in 1946?
2. This person is an influential figure in stabilizing the national government of the Philippines during the 1950s and was sent to South Vietnam to see if he could do the same there.
3. Which of the following funeral attendees is also an instrumental adviser to the South Vietnamese during the early 1960s?
4. Which of the following famous generals is NOT present in the funeral processional of John Paul Vann?
5. What age is John Paul Vann when he was first deployed to South Vietnam in 1962?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)