|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is another aspect of John Paul Vann's personality mentioned in "The Funeral"?
(a) Deceitful and scheming.
(b) A relentless blame-dodger.
(c) Always seems to have difficulty with those in authority.
(d) Never questions his orders or the mission once.
2. Who is appointed by General Edward Lansdale to be the President of the Republic of South Vietnam?
(a) Dien Bien Phu.
(b) Ngo Dinh Diem.
(c) Mao Tse-Tung.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
3. During the early 1960s, the Vietcong forces are _______________ in comparison to the ARVN troops.
(b) Easily slain.
(d) Greatly inferior.
4. What is the President of the Republic of Vietnam's French name?
(b) Jean Baptiste.
(c) Cristophe Yves.
5. What word best describes John Paul Vann's physical size?
(d) Dangerously thin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is true about the relationship between John Paul Vann and Huynh Van Cao?
2. Which of the following best describes the attendees at John Paul Vann's funeral?
3. This person is an influential figure in stabilizing the national government of the Philippines during the 1950s and was sent to South Vietnam to see if he could do the same there.
4. Which of the following famous generals is NOT present in the funeral processional of John Paul Vann?
5. Ho Chi Minh lived in which country (other than Vietnam) prior to the Vietnam War?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)