|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In order to build broad-based support for his cause, Ho Chi Minh needs to do what?
(a) Gain the aid of Communist China.
(b) Take over the south by force.
(c) Launch a massive PR campaign.
(d) Downplay his communist beliefs.
2. John Paul Vann is a risk-taker to such a degree that other soldiers were amazed at his bravado (or foolhardiness). How is this personality trait described by those that knew him?
(a) The Luck of the Irish.
(b) The Vann Luck.
(c) Death Wish.
(d) Vann's Utter Madness.
3. French occupation of Vietnam officially ends shortly after this decisive battle during the First Indochina War:
(a) Battle of Dien Bien Phu.
(b) Battle of Khe Sanh.
(c) Battle of Ap Bac.
(d) Battle of Ia Drang.
4. Where is John Paul Vann buried?
(a) My Tho, South Vietnam.
(b) Arlington, Virginia.
(c) John Paul Vann was listed MIA.
(d) Norfolk, Virginia.
5. The ARVN commanders feel ____________ to the forces of the Vietcong.
(c) Equal to
(d) Allegiance with
Short Answer Questions
1. The Communist forces of North Vietnam are led by which of the following men?
2. According to John Paul Vann, General Huynh Van Cao is more concerned with ________________________ than winning the war.
3. Where does John Paul Vann die?
4. Which notable newspaper reporter of the era is an attendee at the John Paul Vann funeral?
5. Approximately how many pages are in the famous "Pentagon Papers"?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)