|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ho Chi Minh lived in which country (other than Vietnam) prior to the Vietnam War?
(d) The Philippines.
2. What phrase best describes the bulk of the soldiers in the South Vietnamese Army?
(a) Underprepared and untrained.
(b) Combat ready.
(c) Cannon fodder.
(d) Grizzled veterans.
3. John Paul Vann sees himself as a ____________ of the American way of life.
(c) Grudging servant.
4. Who is President of the United States in 1962?
(a) John F. Kennedy.
(b) Richard M. Nixon.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
5. What is the President of the Republic of Vietnam's French name?
(c) Jean Baptiste.
(d) Cristophe Yves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which city in North Vietnam is the base for Ho Chi Minh's government?
2. The headquarters of the 7th Infantry Division of the ARVN is called:
3. John Paul Vann admires the "peasant army" of the South Vietnamese, citing these two traits as particularly endearing:
4. The protagonist of the book, John Paul Vann, is killed in 1972 while serving what organization?
5. Which intelligence officer, assigned to work with Vann, lives by the motto "know your foe", setting up an elaborate system of informants and launching an exhaustive data file on the Vietcong?
This section contains 244 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)