|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is President of the United States in 1962?
(a) Richard M. Nixon.
(b) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(c) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
(d) John F. Kennedy.
2. How does John Paul Vann die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Friendly fire exercise.
(c) Helicopter crash.
(d) In combat at Ap Bac.
3. During the early 1960s, the Vietcong forces are _______________ in comparison to the ARVN troops.
(a) Easily slain.
(c) Greatly inferior.
4. The ARVN commanders feel ____________ to the forces of the Vietcong.
(b) Allegiance with
(c) Equal to
5. Which event during the Vietnam War is used to discredit General Westmoreland's overall strategy and cause many Americans to demand an end to U.S. involvement there?
(a) The Fall of Saigon.
(b) Burning of the Reichstag.
(c) The death of Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Tet Offensives of 1968.
Short Answer Questions
1. The name for the pro-North Vietnamese forces based in South Vietnam is the ___________________.
2. The ARVN forces are often sent to level villages suspected of being what?
3. Which notable newspaper reporter of the era is an attendee at the John Paul Vann funeral?
4. Which intelligence officer, assigned to work with Vann, lives by the motto "know your foe", setting up an elaborate system of informants and launching an exhaustive data file on the Vietcong?
5. During 1962, much of South Vietnam is __________.
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)