|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, "Going to War".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person below gives John Paul Vann his first military command duties with the 7th Division?
(a) Colonel Tim Bradstreet.
(b) Colonel Daniel B. Porter.
(c) General Palmer.
(d) General Westmoreland.
2. What phrase best describes the bulk of the soldiers in the South Vietnamese Army?
(a) Cannon fodder.
(b) Combat ready.
(c) Underprepared and untrained.
(d) Grizzled veterans.
3. Which of the following famous generals is NOT present in the funeral processional of John Paul Vann?
(a) Lt. General Richard Stilwell.
(b) General William Westmoreland.
(c) General John Pershing.
(d) General Bruce Palmer, Jr.
4. Where does John Paul Vann die?
(a) Central Highlands of South Vietnam.
(b) Central Highlands of North Vietnam.
(c) Over the Pacific Ocean.
(d) On his way home from work at the Pentagon.
5. John Paul Vann is born during what era?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The 1950s.
(c) The Alaskan Gold Rush.
(d) The Spanish-American War.
Short Answer Questions
1. General Edward Lansdale is a clandestine operative for which U.S. government agency?
2. Who is appointed by General Edward Lansdale to be the President of the Republic of South Vietnam?
3. The protagonist of the book, John Paul Vann, is killed in 1972 while serving what organization?
4. How does John Paul Vann die?
5. Which of the following is another aspect of John Paul Vann's personality mentioned in "The Funeral"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)