|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, "Going to War".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which person below gives John Paul Vann his first military command duties with the 7th Division?
(a) Colonel Daniel B. Porter.
(b) General Palmer.
(c) Colonel Tim Bradstreet.
(d) General Westmoreland.
2. Which of the following generals is the commanding officer of U.S. personnel in Vietnam in 1962?
(a) General William Westmoreland.
(b) General Bruce Palmer, Jr.
(c) General Paul Harkins.
(d) General George S. Patton.
3. What is the name of John Paul Vann's widow?
(a) Mary Jane.
(b) Jane Marie.
(c) Sarah Alexandra.
(d) Mary Elisabeth.
4. How does John Paul Vann die?
(a) Helicopter crash.
(b) Heart attack.
(c) Friendly fire exercise.
(d) In combat at Ap Bac.
5. Which notable newspaper reporter of the era is an attendee at the John Paul Vann funeral?
(a) Edward Woodward.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Joseph Alsop.
(d) David Horowitz.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is President of the United States in 1962?
2. Where does John Paul Vann die?
3. What is the nickname of Herb Prevost's squadron?
4. Which intelligence officer, assigned to work with Vann, lives by the motto "know your foe", setting up an elaborate system of informants and launching an exhaustive data file on the Vietcong?
5. The protagonist of the book, John Paul Vann, is killed in 1972 while serving what organization?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)