|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, "Going to War".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is another aspect of John Paul Vann's personality mentioned in "The Funeral"?
(a) Deceitful and scheming.
(b) Never questions his orders or the mission once.
(c) A relentless blame-dodger.
(d) Always seems to have difficulty with those in authority.
2. The protagonist of the book, John Paul Vann, is killed in 1972 while serving what organization?
(a) Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) Army of the Republic of Viet Nam.
(c) Agency for International Development.
(d) Khmer Rouge.
3. Which of the following is true about the relationship between John Paul Vann and Huynh Van Cao?
(a) They didn't know each other at all.
(b) Each learned from the other.
(c) They got along well.
(d) They clashed constantly.
4. Which of the following famous generals is NOT present in the funeral processional of John Paul Vann?
(a) General Bruce Palmer, Jr.
(b) General William Westmoreland.
(c) General John Pershing.
(d) Lt. General Richard Stilwell.
5. John Paul Vann is born during what era?
(a) The Great Depression.
(b) The Alaskan Gold Rush.
(c) The Spanish-American War.
(d) The 1950s.
Short Answer Questions
1. President John F. Kennedy proposes _______________ as a way to deal with possible peasant uprisings spurred on by the Vietcong.
2. John Paul Vann is a risk-taker to such a degree that other soldiers were amazed at his bravado (or foolhardiness). How is this personality trait described by those that knew him?
3. According to John Paul Vann, General Huynh Van Cao is more concerned with ________________________ than winning the war.
4. Which of the following is NOT present at the funeral of John Paul Vann?
5. Which of the following ARVN infantry units is referred to as the "cockpit of war" during Vietnam?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)