|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, "Going to War".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best describes the attendees at John Paul Vann's funeral?
(a) Only his closest friends and family.
(b) Both those that agreed and disagreed with his vision.
(c) His commanding officers, friends, and public relations agent.
(d) Protesters and those who disliked him.
2. Which of the following generals is the commanding officer of U.S. personnel in Vietnam in 1962?
(a) General Paul Harkins.
(b) General William Westmoreland.
(c) General Bruce Palmer, Jr.
(d) General George S. Patton.
3. Which of the following is NOT present at the funeral of John Paul Vann?
(a) Six gray horses hitched to a caisson.
(b) An Air Force fly-over.
(c) A marching band.
(d) An honor guard.
4. Ngo Dinh Diem is very afraid of ________________.
(b) Dealing with the Chinese Communists.
(c) A coup d'etat.
(d) Being on the losing side against the Vietcong.
5. Where does John Paul Vann die?
(a) Over the Pacific Ocean.
(b) Central Highlands of North Vietnam.
(c) Central Highlands of South Vietnam.
(d) On his way home from work at the Pentagon.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city is the 7th Infantry Division (and John Paul Vann) stationed?
2. The ARVN forces are often sent to level villages suspected of being what?
3. What word best describes John Paul Vann's physical size?
4. Which United States President oversees the rapid escalation of the war in Vietnam?
5. Approximately how many pages are in the famous "Pentagon Papers"?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)