|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, "Going to War".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which notable newspaper reporter of the era is an attendee at the John Paul Vann funeral?
(a) Joseph Alsop.
(b) Walter Cronkite.
(c) Edward Woodward.
(d) David Horowitz.
2. Which United States President oversees the rapid escalation of the war in Vietnam?
(a) Richard M. Nixon.
(b) John F. Kennedy.
(c) Lyndon B. Johnson.
(d) Dwight D. Eisenhower.
3. What organization is established by President Kennedy to act as an advisory body to the government in South Vietnam?
(a) Central Intelligence Agency.
(b) The OSS.
(c) Military Assistance Command - Vietnam.
(d) Military Council of Vietnam.
4. How does John Paul Vann die?
(a) Heart attack.
(b) Friendly fire exercise.
(c) Helicopter crash.
(d) In combat at Ap Bac.
5. During the early 1960s, the Vietcong forces are _______________ in comparison to the ARVN troops.
(a) Greatly inferior.
(b) Easily slain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Following their slow but steady stream of military successes, the South Vietnamese President, Ngo Dinh Diem, awards the 7th Infantry Division for their __________________.
2. Which of the following generals is the commanding officer of U.S. personnel in Vietnam in 1962?
3. Which of the following famous generals is NOT present in the funeral processional of John Paul Vann?
4. The headquarters of the 7th Infantry Division of the ARVN is called:
5. According to John Paul Vann, General Huynh Van Cao is more concerned with ________________________ than winning the war.
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)