|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, "A Second Time Around".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following funeral attendees is also an instrumental adviser to the South Vietnamese during the early 1960s?
(a) General Edward Lansdale.
(b) Joseph Alsop.
(c) Lt. Col. Lucien Conein.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
2. Ho Chi Minh lived in which country (other than Vietnam) prior to the Vietnam War?
(b) The Philippines.
3. What is the method used by the United States to quell the rebellious tendencies of the South Vietnamese farmers who would otherwise be inclined to fight with or provide assistance to the Vietcong?
(a) Threats of imprisonment or death.
(b) Brutal intimidations tactics.
(c) Sweethart land deals.
(d) Economic aid.
4. Ngo Dinh Diem is very afraid of ________________.
(a) Dealing with the Chinese Communists.
(b) Being on the losing side against the Vietcong.
(c) A coup d'etat.
5. In what year is General Harkins replaced?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does John Paul Vann, Ramsey, and a few others send a new strategic proposal to Washington, DC?
2. In what city is the 7th Infantry Division (and John Paul Vann) stationed?
3. Diem engages in an ambitious campaign that redistributes _______________ from the Buddhist farmers to the Catholic refugees fleeing North Vietnam.
4. What is the name of John Paul Vann's mother?
5. Which of the following famous generals is NOT present in the funeral processional of John Paul Vann?
This section contains 240 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)