|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6, "A Second Time Around".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For how many years during his childhood was John Paul Vann bounced between his two aunts and other friends and relatives?
(a) Two and a half.
(c) Four and a half.
2. Which province does John Paul Vann and his friend conspire to re-take?
(a) Quang Binh Province.
(b) Kon Tum Province.
(c) Hau Nghia Province.
(d) Da Nang Province.
3. Ngo Dinh Nhu's wife, Madam Ngo, is not-so-affectionately known by what nickname?
(a) The Dragon Lady.
(b) The Terrible.
(c) The Iron Lady.
(d) The Ice Maiden.
4. In a three-page report, John Paul Vann indicates which of the following about General Huynh Van Cao?
(a) He will not send troops to VC occupied villages.
(b) He doesn't care about winning.
(c) He is a laughing stock among the ARVN troops.
(d) He is too happy to retreat.
5. How does John Paul Vann summarize the events at Ap Bac?
(a) "A misterable damn performance."
(b) "A masterful coordination with the ARVN."
(c) "A complete disaster."
(d) "A narrow loss."
Short Answer Questions
1. Which person below gives John Paul Vann his first military command duties with the 7th Division?
2. In what month are Ngo Dinh Diem and his brother assassinated?
3. On what day does the attack at Ap Bac begin?
4. Which parallel is the dividing line between North and South Vietnam?
5. What is John Paul Vann's call sign during the Battle of Ap Bac?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)