|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Paul Vann's Vietnamese counterpart is named:
(a) Ho Chi Minh.
(b) Pol Pot.
(c) Huynh Van Cao.
(d) Ngo Dinh Diem.
2. President Ngo Dinh Diem is made president of South Vietnam by the _______________.
(a) Viet Minh.
(b) People of South Vietnam.
(c) American government.
(d) United Nations.
3. Ho Chi Minh lived in which country (other than Vietnam) prior to the Vietnam War?
(b) The Philippines.
4. Where does John Paul Vann die?
(a) Over the Pacific Ocean.
(b) Central Highlands of South Vietnam.
(c) On his way home from work at the Pentagon.
(d) Central Highlands of North Vietnam.
5. Which of the following is NOT present at the funeral of John Paul Vann?
(a) An honor guard.
(b) Six gray horses hitched to a caisson.
(c) An Air Force fly-over.
(d) A marching band.
Short Answer Questions
1. This person is an influential figure in stabilizing the national government of the Philippines during the 1950s and was sent to South Vietnam to see if he could do the same there.
2. The Communist forces of North Vietnam are led by which of the following men?
3. Which intelligence officer, assigned to work with Vann, lives by the motto "know your foe", setting up an elaborate system of informants and launching an exhaustive data file on the Vietcong?
4. Which person below gives John Paul Vann his first military command duties with the 7th Division?
5. John Paul Vann's frustrations with the war grow because of which of the following reasons:
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)