|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Ngo Dinh Diem is very afraid of ________________.
(a) Dealing with the Chinese Communists.
(b) A coup d'etat.
(c) Being on the losing side against the Vietcong.
2. John Paul Vann's frustrations with the war grow because of which of the following reasons:
(a) He gets no real help from Huynh Van Cao or from his own commanders.
(b) The Vietcong are extremely powerful and the US is hopelessly outmatched.
(c) Media coverage of the war is deemed unfair and biased against the government in Saigon.
(d) He is merely an advisor and doesn't get to go fight anyone.
3. Which of the following is NOT a prominent religion practiced in South Vietnam?
(c) Seventh-Day Adventist.
4. Which of the following is NOT present at the funeral of John Paul Vann?
(a) Six gray horses hitched to a caisson.
(b) An honor guard.
(c) An Air Force fly-over.
(d) A marching band.
5. John Paul Vann's Vietnamese counterpart is named:
(a) Ngo Dinh Diem.
(b) Pol Pot.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Huynh Van Cao.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Paul Vann die?
2. Which of the following best describes the attendees at John Paul Vann's funeral?
3. Which of the following is true about the relationship between John Paul Vann and Huynh Van Cao?
4. What word best describes John Paul Vann's physical size?
5. In order to build broad-based support for his cause, Ho Chi Minh needs to do what?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)