|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, "Antecedents to a Confrontation".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which event during the Vietnam War is used to discredit General Westmoreland's overall strategy and cause many Americans to demand an end to U.S. involvement there?
(a) Tet Offensives of 1968.
(b) Burning of the Reichstag.
(c) The death of Ho Chi Minh.
(d) The Fall of Saigon.
2. Which of the following is another aspect of John Paul Vann's personality mentioned in "The Funeral"?
(a) Always seems to have difficulty with those in authority.
(b) A relentless blame-dodger.
(c) Deceitful and scheming.
(d) Never questions his orders or the mission once.
3. What is the name of John Paul Vann's widow?
(a) Sarah Alexandra.
(b) Jane Marie.
(c) Mary Jane.
(d) Mary Elisabeth.
4. The ARVN commanders feel ____________ to the forces of the Vietcong.
(b) Allegiance with
(d) Equal to
5. John Paul Vann's Vietnamese counterpart is named:
(a) Ngo Dinh Diem.
(b) Huynh Van Cao.
(c) Ho Chi Minh.
(d) Pol Pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does John Paul Vann die?
2. Which of the following is NOT present at the funeral of John Paul Vann?
3. Many refugees in South Vietnam belong to this religion.
4. The protagonist of the book, John Paul Vann, is killed in 1972 while serving what organization?
5. What phrase best describes the bulk of the soldiers in the South Vietnamese Army?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)