|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, "Taking on the System".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The helicopters that carry the ARVN troops to the battle location are affectionately known by what name?
(c) Flying Bananas.
(d) Pack Mules.
2. Which distinguished general from World War II is dispatched to Vietnam to assess the situation?
(a) General Victor Krulak.
(b) General Douglas MacArthur.
(c) General George S. Patton.
(d) General Dwight D. Eisenhower.
3. Where is John Paul Vann buried?
(a) My Tho, South Vietnam.
(b) Norfolk, Virginia.
(c) Arlington, Virginia.
(d) John Paul Vann was listed MIA.
4. Which U.S. general thwarts John Paul Vann's scheduled meeting the Joint Chiefs of Staff?
(a) General Westmoreland.
(b) General York.
(c) General Porter.
(d) General Krulak.
5. John Paul Vann's frustrations with the war grow because of which of the following reasons:
(a) He is merely an advisor and doesn't get to go fight anyone.
(b) He gets no real help from Huynh Van Cao or from his own commanders.
(c) Media coverage of the war is deemed unfair and biased against the government in Saigon.
(d) The Vietcong are extremely powerful and the US is hopelessly outmatched.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following ARVN infantry units is referred to as the "cockpit of war" during Vietnam?
2. What is the name of John Paul Vann's widow?
3. French occupation of Vietnam officially ends shortly after this decisive battle during the First Indochina War:
4. On what day does the attack at Ap Bac begin?
5. President Diem's younger brother, Ngo Dinh Nhu, is relied upon for his military and political advise despite the fact he has a(n) _______________ dependency.
This section contains 283 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)