|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, "Taking on the System".
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much preparation time do the Vietcong have before the ARVN attacked them at Ap Bac?
(a) Four hours.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two months.
(d) Seven weeks.
2. John Paul Vann's Vietnamese counterpart is named:
(a) Huynh Van Cao.
(b) Ngo Dinh Diem.
(c) Pol Pot.
(d) Ho Chi Minh.
3. The ARVN forces are often sent to level villages suspected of being what?
(a) Vietcong positions.
(b) Predominantly Buddhist.
(c) All answers are correct.
(d) Disloyal to the South Vietnamese government.
4. On what date do the American advisers and ARVN military commanders begin planning the offensive at Ap Bac?
(a) December 25, 1963.
(b) December 28, 1962.
(c) January 2, 1963.
(d) July 4, 1962.
5. Which of the following cities is the site of the Vietnamese imperial palace?
(d) My Tho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the H-21 Hueys initially land during the Battle of Ap Bac?
2. In what year is General Harkins replaced?
3. The name for the pro-North Vietnamese forces based in South Vietnam is the ___________________.
4. What is the nickname of Herb Prevost's squadron?
5. What is General Harkins' response to John Paul Vann's report of the battle?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)