|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11 Conclusion.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Gravity acts only upon what type of particles?
2. Hawking used what kind of space-time to reach the conclusion that the universe is similar to a sphere?
3. Light moves along what sort of lines?
4. The universe is largely made up of what?
(a) Dark matter.
(b) Empty space.
5. Who demonstrated that an atom is made up of electrons orbiting a nucleus made up of protons?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Ernest Rutherford.
(d) Murray Gell-Mann.
Short Answer Questions
1. The only constant in the universe is what?
2. Who proposed the elliptical orbits of the planets?
3. What type of theories try to bring the various virtual particles together as one entity, but do not include gravity?
4. In string theory, the strings have what dimension and no other?
5. What is the unit of measurement for particle energy?
This section contains 180 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)