|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 The Arrow of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the unit of measurement for particle energy?
(a) Eclectic volts.
(b) Electric particle volts.
(c) Electric volts.
(d) Electron volts.
2. A location on earth's surface is defined by what?
(a) Altitude, degree and time.
(b) Height, width and depth.
(c) Location, time and depth.
(d) Longitude, latitude and altitude.
3. "We see the universe the way it is because we exist," demonstrates what principle?
(a) Anthropomorphic principle.
(b) Rationalization principle.
(c) Anthropic principle.
(d) Humanity principle.
4. What might escape from a black hole?
(c) Gamma rays.
(d) Something with more gravitational force than a black hole.
5. If something can escape the event horizon of a black hole, it would be explained by thinking about the behavior of what?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposed the elliptical orbits of the planets?
2. What is one of the categories of force-carrying virtual protons?
3. The general theory of relativity best describes what world?
4. What does a particle with 0 spin look like?
5. Hawking used what kind of space-time to reach the conclusion that the universe is similar to a sphere?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)