|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 The Arrow of Time.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who demonstrated that an atom is made up of electrons orbiting a nucleus made up of protons?
(a) Murray Gell-Mann.
(b) James Chadwick.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Ernest Rutherford.
2. As a consequence of quantum mechanics, waves sometimes behave like what?
3. How does Hawking define scientific theory?
(a) A model of the universe that meets common sense expectations.
(b) A model of the universe that predicts some events, but isn't accurate.
(c) A model of the universe with a set of rules.
(d) A model of the universe made up of molecules.
4. Aristotle thought that the Earth was what?
(a) In orbit around the sun.
(b) Its own galaxy.
(c) Bigger than the sun.
5. Stephen Hawking has what disease?
(c) Lou Gehrig's disease.
(d) Ancel Hoffman disease.
Short Answer Questions
1. If something can escape the event horizon of a black hole, it would be explained by thinking about the behavior of what?
2. What else can we not see, besides black holes?
3. Who said, "God does not play dice."
4. A location on earth's surface is defined by what?
5. When was the uncertainty principle developed?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)