|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 21, what does the narrator talk about hearing two weeks after Missy's funeral?
(a) A dog barking.
(b) A wild hog.
(c) A rumor about the hit and run.
(d) A bird.
2. Charlie finds out that Earl has suffered what injury in prison?
(a) He lost an eye.
(b) He lost an ear.
(c) He lost a finger.
(d) He lost a foot.
3. Who is Harvey Tillman?
(a) The D.A.
(b) Hailey Prison warden.
(c) The Timson family lawyer.
(d) Brenda's uncle.
4. What does Miles pull out of hiding and begin to study?
(a) His case file in Missy's death.
(b) Pictures of Missy.
(c) Old newspaper clippings about Missy's death.
(d) Old arrest records on Otis.
5. What reason does the narrator give for leaving the scene of the crime?
(a) He needed to go home.
(b) He was confused.
(c) He was frightened.
(d) He was covering up his crime.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 32, what does Sarah say Miles does not care about?
2. Does Earl corroborate Sims Addison's story about Otis Timson confessing to killing Missy Ryan?
3. What part of the story does Miles seem to think Brian is lying about?
4. What angers Sarah most about Brian's confession?
5. In Chapter 18, why does the narrator say he failed to contact the police the day after Missy's death?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)