|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Charlie notices as being wrong with Sims' story?
(a) He is a known liar.
(b) He is a drunk.
(c) He did not come forward sooner.
(d) He is not a good witness.
2. In Chapter 32, what does Sarah say Miles does not care about?
(a) She loves him.
(b) It was only an accident.
(c) He got everything wrong.
(d) Brian is sorry.
3. In Chapter 22, Charlie learns that Earl claims __________set him up for his current conviction.
(b) Otis Timson.
(c) Miles Ryan.
(d) Clyde Timson.
4. In Chapter 33, what part of Brian's story does Miles focus on the most?
(a) His description of Missy's clothing.
(b) His decision to leave the scene.
(c) His intended destination.
(d) The dog.
5. What image does the narrator say haunted him in the weeks after Missy's death?
(a) The sight of her face.
(b) The sight of his car.
(c) The sight of her twisted limbs.
(d) The sight of the dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sarah react to Brian's admission to having been the one to kill Missy?
2. In Chapter 16, what does the unnamed narrator say his destination was the night of Missy's death?
3. At what other places does the narrator admit to watching Miles and Jonah other than their home?
4. What failed to happen after Sims Addison's arrest?
5. Charlie learns that Earl has made what claims against the prison system?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Miles react when Sarah and Brian tell him the truth about the accident that killed Missy?
2. What does the unnamed narrator say he was doing the night of Missy's death?
3. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
4. Why does Sims Addison claim in Chapter 17 that he never wants to return to jail?
5. How does Miles react to Jonah's questions about his mother when he finds Miles watching home videos?
6. Despite a reluctance to return to jail, what is Sims Addison doing in Chapter 17 when Miles pulls him over?
7. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
8. What story does Sims tell Miles that makes Miles rush out of the sheriff's office without first speaking to Charlie?
9. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
10. How does Sarah react to the revelation that Brian killed Missy Ryan?
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)