|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator see Miles fail to do with Jonah while he is watching them after Missy's death?
(a) Comfort him.
(b) Make him go to bed.
(c) Speak to him.
(d) Care for his hygiene.
2. In Chapter 24, how does Sarah try to distract Miles from the accusations against Otis Timson?
(a) With a walk.
(b) With a trip to a restaurant.
(c) With a movie.
(d) With a homemade meal.
3. In Chapter 26, Miles decides he needs to see ___________after leaving the sheriff's office.
4. In Chapter 32, what does Sarah say Miles does not care about?
(a) He got everything wrong.
(b) She loves him.
(c) Brian is sorry.
(d) It was only an accident.
5. Does Earl corroborate Sims Addison's story about Otis Timson confessing to killing Missy Ryan?
(a) He refuses to speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. Charlie learns that Earl has made what claims against the prison system?
2. In Chapter 16, what does the unnamed narrator say his destination was the night of Missy's death?
3. What does the narrator say was his first reaction to hitting Missy?
4. In Chapter 33, what part of Brian's story does Miles focus on the most?
5. In Chapter 31, what does Miles tell Sarah that Charlie took from him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Sims tell Miles that makes Miles rush out of the sheriff's office without first speaking to Charlie?
2. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
3. Why does the unnamed narrator begin to spy on Jonah and Miles? What does he hope to see?
4. What threats against Miles does the district attorney and the Timson family attorney make to Charlie?
5. How does Miles react to Jonah's questions about his mother when he finds Miles watching home videos?
6. What does the unnamed narrator say he was doing the night of Missy's death?
7. In Chapter 31, how does Miles react when Charlie comes to speak to him? What does Charlie want from Miles?
8. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
9. How does Sarah react to the revelation that Brian killed Missy Ryan?
10. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)