|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, where does Jonah spend the evening after Otis' arrest?
(a) With Mrs. Knowlson.
(b) At the movies with Mark.
(c) With Sarah.
(d) In front of the television.
2. What part of the story does Miles seem to think Brian is lying about?
(a) Why he ran.
(b) Why he was on the road that night.
(c) Why he hit Missy.
(d) Whether or not he was sleeping behind the wheel.
3. In Chapter 35, what question tortures Miles most about Brian's confession?
(a) Did she suffer?
(c) What now?
(d) Does it matter?
4. Who is Harvey Tillman?
(a) Hailey Prison warden.
(b) Brenda's uncle.
(c) The D.A.
(d) The Timson family lawyer.
5. In Chapter 26, what happens to Jonah in the middle of the night?
(a) He creis out for Sarah.
(b) He begins running a fever.
(c) He has his first nightmare in weeks.
(d) He runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car was the unnamed narrator driving the night of Missy's death?
2. What injury does Brian suffer in the accident with Miles?
3. What is the name of the road where Missy was hit?
4. How does Sarah react to Brian's description of the actual accident?
5. What is the first thing Charlie notices as being wrong with Sims' story?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 31, how does Miles react when Charlie comes to speak to him? What does Charlie want from Miles?
2. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
3. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
4. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
5. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
6. How does Miles react to Jonah's questions about his mother when he finds Miles watching home videos?
7. Why does Miles not arrest Brian when he sees him at Missy's grave?
8. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
9. Who calls Charlie with information about Miles? What does Charlie do as a result of these phone calls?
10. In Chapter 26, what does Charlie do when Miles reports for work first thing in the morning?
This section contains 1,156 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)