|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What detail of the accident does Brian mention that finally gets Miles' attention?
(a) The blanket.
(b) The location of the accident.
(c) The logo on Missy's t-shirt.
(d) The rock that killed Missy.
2. What does the narrator say he was waiting for in the weeks after Missy's death?
(a) To feel some kind of remorse.
(b) To be attacked by Miles.
(c) To die a horrible death.
(d) To be arrested.
3. What angers Sarah most about Brian's confession?
(a) He did not tell her the truth from the beginning.
(b) He chose to tell her after she met Miles.
(c) He could do such a thing in the first place.
(d) He hid the truth and ran.
4. In Chapter 37, what does Charlie imply he knows about Brian and Miles?
(a) Brian is Jonah's real father.
(b) Brian is Missy's killer and Miles let him go.
(c) Brian is the cause of Miles' split with Sarah.
(d) Brian is Miles' new best friend.
5. Charlie finds out that Earl has suffered what injury in prison?
(a) He lost an ear.
(b) He lost a foot.
(c) He lost a finger.
(d) He lost an eye.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 31, what one reason does Sarah remind Miles of to keep him from killing Otis?
2. What is the first thing Charlie notices as being wrong with Sims' story?
3. Who performs a field neuro exam on Brian?
4. What fascinates the narrator about what Miles is watching on television the last time he goes to watch him through the windows?
5. What injury does Brian suffer in the accident with Miles?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
2. What does Charlie imply he knows about Brian Andrews? How does Miles respond?
3. Despite a reluctance to return to jail, what is Sims Addison doing in Chapter 17 when Miles pulls him over?
4. Why does Miles not tell Charlie the truth about his car accident and why he had Brian Andrews handcuffed in the back of his car? Why does Charlie not question him further?
5. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
6. In Chapter 31, how does Miles react when Charlie comes to speak to him? What does Charlie want from Miles?
7. What does the unnamed narrator say he was doing the night of Missy's death?
8. What detail of Brian's story finally gets through to Miles and makes him realize that it was only an accident?
9. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
10. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
This section contains 1,254 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)