|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who repeatedly calls to speak to Charlie after Otis Timson is arrested?
(a) Clyde Timson.
(b) The D.A.
(d) Otis' grandmother.
2. What angers Sarah most about Brian's confession?
(a) He could do such a thing in the first place.
(b) He did not tell her the truth from the beginning.
(c) He chose to tell her after she met Miles.
(d) He hid the truth and ran.
3. In Chapter 23, how long after Missy's death does the narrator say he began watching Miles and Jonah at home?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
4. In Chapter 26, Miles decides he needs to see ___________after leaving the sheriff's office.
5. In Chapter 19, who confronts Miles when he reaches his destination?
(b) Clyde Timson.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 35, who was babysitting Jonah throughout Miles' whole ordeal with Brian?
2. In Chapter 24, who is waiting outside for Charlie when he returns to the sheriff's office?
3. In Chapter 24, how does Sarah try to distract Miles from the accusations against Otis Timson?
4. In Chapter 20, who confronts Miles the moment he returns to the sheriff's office?
5. What one question does Sarah ask Brian before taking him to tell Miles the truth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who calls Charlie with information about Miles? What does Charlie do as a result of these phone calls?
2. Why does Miles not file a report on Sims Addison before his shift is over? How does Sims use this to his advantage?
3. Despite a reluctance to return to jail, what is Sims Addison doing in Chapter 17 when Miles pulls him over?
4. Why does Miles not tell Charlie the truth about his car accident and why he had Brian Andrews handcuffed in the back of his car? Why does Charlie not question him further?
5. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
6. In Chapter 26, what does Charlie do when Miles reports for work first thing in the morning?
7. How does Miles react when Sarah and Brian tell him the truth about the accident that killed Missy?
8. What threats against Miles does the district attorney and the Timson family attorney make to Charlie?
9. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
10. Why does Sims Addison claim in Chapter 17 that he never wants to return to jail?
This section contains 1,152 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)