|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonah tell Miles he dreamed about?
(a) His mother came back to see him.
(b) Miles had been in an accident.
(c) Sarah had a car accident.
(d) He fell from a tall building.
2. In Chapter 26, Miles decides he needs to see ___________after leaving the sheriff's office.
3. In Chapter 17, what does the author say many people do in Sims' presence without thinking about it because of his appearance?
(a) Offer him drinks.
(b) Keep distance between them.
(c) Forget to include him.
(d) Say private things.
4. What reason does the narrator give for leaving the scene of the crime?
(a) He was confused.
(b) He needed to go home.
(c) He was frightened.
(d) He was covering up his crime.
5. Where does Miles go after leaving the sheriff's office?
(a) Brian's apartment.
(b) Timson compound.
(c) Jonah's school.
(d) Sarah's apartment.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 18, how much damage did the narrator find to the front of his car after the accident?
2. In Chapter 37, what does Charlie imply he knows about Brian and Miles?
3. In Chapter 28, what does the narrator say has become his weekly habit since Missy's death?
4. In Chapter 22, Charlie learns that Earl claims __________set him up for his current conviction.
5. Who is Bennie Wiggins?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
2. Why does Miles not tell Charlie the truth about his car accident and why he had Brian Andrews handcuffed in the back of his car? Why does Charlie not question him further?
3. Why does Miles not arrest Brian when he sees him at Missy's grave?
4. How does Miles react to Jonah's questions about his mother when he finds Miles watching home videos?
5. In Chapter 22, after visiting Earl Getlin, what conclusion does Charlie come to about Sims' statements?
6. Why does Miles not file a report on Sims Addison before his shift is over? How does Sims use this to his advantage?
7. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
8. What detail of Brian's story finally gets through to Miles and makes him realize that it was only an accident?
9. Why does Miles tell Sarah he took the gun out of the gardening shed? Why does Miles say he can no longer see Sarah?
10. In Chapter 16, what does the unnamed narrator say he did when he saw Missy up ahead of him on the road?
This section contains 1,263 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)