|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who takes Brian to the hospital?
2. Where does Miles go after leaving the sheriff's office?
(a) Timson compound.
(b) Jonah's school.
(c) Sarah's apartment.
(d) Brian's apartment.
3. In Chapter 25, why does the narrator say he continued to watch Miles and Jonah?
(a) It was to protect Sarah.
(b) It was to protect them.
(c) It was because wanted to make sure Miles never figured out he was the driver.
(d) It was a compulsion.
4. In the epilogue, what career does Brian reveal that he has chosen?
(b) Social worker.
(c) Trauma surgeon.
(d) Emergency room physician.
5. What does the D.A. tell Charlie will be a deciding factor in whether or not he files charges against Miles for police brutality?
(a) If Miles refuses to drop charges against Otis.
(b) If Miles causes any more trouble.
(c) If Miles is not fired from his job.
(d) If Miles hurts another prisoner.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 19, why does Miles slam on the brakes in his car while returning to town?
2. What injury does Brian suffer in the accident with Miles?
3. Why does Miles tell Sarah he can no longer see her?
4. In Chapter 18, how much damage did the narrator find to the front of his car after the accident?
5. What does the narrator say he was waiting for in the weeks after Missy's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what is Miles doing when Jonah comes home from school? What does he tell Sarah when she later comes to the house?
2. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
3. What does Miles do during the arrest of Otis Timson that could come back to haunt him later?
4. How does Sarah react to the revelation that Brian killed Missy Ryan?
5. What does Charlie imply he knows about Brian Andrews? How does Miles respond?
6. Why does Miles not tell Charlie the truth about his car accident and why he had Brian Andrews handcuffed in the back of his car? Why does Charlie not question him further?
7. In Chapter 27, whom does Sarah turn to for advice about Miles? What is Sarah most concerned about in regards to Miles?
8. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
9. Why does Miles tell Sarah he took the gun out of the gardening shed? Why does Miles say he can no longer see Sarah?
10. What detail of Brian's story finally gets through to Miles and makes him realize that it was only an accident?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)