|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the narrator think caused Missy's death?
(a) She had internal injuries.
(b) Her neck was broken.
(c) She was impaled on a fence post.
(d) Her head hit a rock.
2. In Chapter 17, what does the author say many people do in Sims' presence without thinking about it because of his appearance?
(a) Forget to include him.
(b) Keep distance between them.
(c) Offer him drinks.
(d) Say private things.
3. Charlie learns that Earl has made what claims against the prison system?
(a) They are at fault for his injury.
(b) They have failed to treat his health problems.
(c) They have treated him unfairly.
(d) They are holding him without benefit of trial.
4. In Chapter 31, to whose house does Charlie go on Sunday rather than to church?
5. In Chapter 36, what does Brian momentarily think Miles intends to do to him?
(a) Arrest him.
(b) Beat him up.
(c) Bury him.
(d) Kill him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the narrator believe Miles has stopped looking at the case file on Missy's case after a year?
2. In Chapter 21, what does the narrator talk about hearing two weeks after Missy's funeral?
3. Who performs a field neuro exam on Brian?
4. Who/what keeps Miles from committing murder?
5. Who repeatedly calls to speak to Charlie after Otis Timson is arrested?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)