|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the road where Missy was hit?
(a) Madam Moore's Lane.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Lee Avenue.
(d) Camellia Road.
2. In Chapter 33, what part of Brian's story does Miles focus on the most?
(a) The dog.
(b) His decision to leave the scene.
(c) His intended destination.
(d) His description of Missy's clothing.
3. What does the narrator say he was waiting for in the weeks after Missy's death?
(a) To feel some kind of remorse.
(b) To be attacked by Miles.
(c) To die a horrible death.
(d) To be arrested.
4. What decision does Charlie make about Miles' job?
(a) He demotes Miles to a desk job.
(b) He fires him.
(c) He decides to allow Miles to continue working.
(d) He places him on suspension.
5. In Chapter 22, Charlie learns that Earl claims __________set him up for his current conviction.
(a) Clyde Timson.
(b) Miles Ryan.
(c) Otis Timson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes Sarah think that Otis Timson might be in danger from Miles?
2. Charlie finds out that Earl has suffered what injury in prison?
3. Who/what keeps Miles from committing murder?
4. In Chapter 18, how much damage did the narrator find to the front of his car after the accident?
5. How much does the unnamed narrator claim he paid for his car?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
2. How does Miles react when Sarah and Brian tell him the truth about the accident that killed Missy?
3. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
4. In Chapter 24, what is Miles doing when Jonah comes home from school? What does he tell Sarah when she later comes to the house?
5. What does Miles do during the arrest of Otis Timson that could come back to haunt him later?
6. What does the unnamed narrator say he was doing the night of Missy's death?
7. In Chapter 22, after visiting Earl Getlin, what conclusion does Charlie come to about Sims' statements?
8. Why does Miles not file a report on Sims Addison before his shift is over? How does Sims use this to his advantage?
9. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
10. Why does Miles not arrest Brian when he sees him at Missy's grave?
This section contains 1,202 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)