|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Miles do with Sims after Sims is finished telling his story?
(a) He files a report about the incident.
(b) He beats him up.
(c) He lets him go.
(d) He promises to speak with the D.A.
2. In Chapter 20, what does Charlie tell Miles to do for the rest of the day?
(a) Find Otis Timson.
(b) Go over the witness testimonies in Missy's case.
(c) Find Sims Addison.
(d) Go home.
3. How does Sarah react to Brian's admission to having been the one to kill Missy?
(a) With relief.
(b) With outrage.
(c) With happiness.
(d) With shock and anger.
4. What angers Sarah most about Brian's confession?
(a) He did not tell her the truth from the beginning.
(b) He chose to tell her after she met Miles.
(c) He hid the truth and ran.
(d) He could do such a thing in the first place.
5. What does Brian bring to Missy's grave each time he visits?
(a) A barbecue dinner.
(b) A picture of Jonah.
(d) A wreath.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Earl Getlin?
2. Who pulls Sims Addison over after a night of drinking?
3. In Chapter 22, Charlie learns that Earl claims __________set him up for his current conviction.
4. How much does the unnamed narrator claim he paid for his car?
5. In Chapter 35, what question tortures Miles most about Brian's confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Miles tell Sarah he took the gun out of the gardening shed? Why does Miles say he can no longer see Sarah?
2. In Chapter 27, why does Miles lash out at Sarah?
3. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
4. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
5. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
6. How does Sarah react to the revelation that Brian killed Missy Ryan?
7. What does Miles do during the arrest of Otis Timson that could come back to haunt him later?
8. In Chapter 22, after visiting Earl Getlin, what conclusion does Charlie come to about Sims' statements?
9. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
10. What does Charlie imply he knows about Brian Andrews? How does Miles respond?
This section contains 1,133 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)