|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What one question does Sarah ask Brian before taking him to tell Miles the truth?
(a) Are you telling the truth?
(b) Was it an accident?
(c) Are you ready to go to jail?
(d) Are you ready to die?
2. What kind of car was the unnamed narrator driving the night of Missy's death?
(a) Cadillac Coup de Ville.
(b) Lincoln Towncar.
(c) Ford Mustang.
(d) Pontiac Bonneville.
3. What does the D.A. tell Charlie will be a deciding factor in whether or not he files charges against Miles for police brutality?
(a) If Miles is not fired from his job.
(b) If Miles refuses to drop charges against Otis.
(c) If Miles causes any more trouble.
(d) If Miles hurts another prisoner.
4. In Chapter 20, who confronts Miles the moment he returns to the sheriff's office?
5. What does the narrator see Miles fail to do with Jonah while he is watching them after Missy's death?
(a) Comfort him.
(b) Make him go to bed.
(c) Speak to him.
(d) Care for his hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the epilogue, what career does Brian reveal that he has chosen?
2. What angers Sarah most about Brian's confession?
3. In Chapter 31, what does Miles tell Sarah that Charlie took from him?
4. In Chapter 17, the author compare Sims Addison to what animal?
5. Charlie finds out that Earl has suffered what injury in prison?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
2. In Chapter 16, what does the unnamed narrator say he did when he saw Missy up ahead of him on the road?
3. Why does Miles not file a report on Sims Addison before his shift is over? How does Sims use this to his advantage?
4. Why does Miles not arrest Brian when he sees him at Missy's grave?
5. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
6. In Chapter 26, what does Charlie do when Miles reports for work first thing in the morning?
7. What does Miles do during the arrest of Otis Timson that could come back to haunt him later?
8. What does the unnamed narrator say he was doing the night of Missy's death?
9. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
10. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
This section contains 1,174 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)