|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the story does Miles seem to think Brian is lying about?
(a) Why he hit Missy.
(b) Why he ran.
(c) Whether or not he was sleeping behind the wheel.
(d) Why he was on the road that night.
2. In Chapter 24, what do Tillman and Jones accuse Miles of doing to Otis Timson?
(a) Smashing his head against the cage of his car.
(b) Beating him up.
(c) Putting a gun to his head.
(d) Breaking his fingers.
3. What does the narrator think caused Missy's death?
(a) Her head hit a rock.
(b) She was impaled on a fence post.
(c) Her neck was broken.
(d) She had internal injuries.
4. In Chapter 35, who was babysitting Jonah throughout Miles' whole ordeal with Brian?
(d) Mrs. Knowlson.
5. What is the name of the road where Missy was hit?
(a) Camellia Road.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Madam Moore's Lane.
(d) Lee Avenue.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 34, who takes Brian to the hospital?
2. Who pulls Sims Addison over after a night of drinking?
3. In Chapter 25, why does the narrator say he continued to watch Miles and Jonah?
4. How does Sarah react to Brian's description of the actual accident?
5. Why did the narrator cover Missy with a blanket?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 26, what does Charlie do when Miles reports for work first thing in the morning?
2. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
3. How does Miles react to Jonah's questions about his mother when he finds Miles watching home videos?
4. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
5. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
6. In Chapter 20, where does Miles go after Charlie sends him home? What does he notice there?
7. What story does Sims tell Miles that makes Miles rush out of the sheriff's office without first speaking to Charlie?
8. Why does Miles not file a report on Sims Addison before his shift is over? How does Sims use this to his advantage?
9. Why does Miles tell Sarah he took the gun out of the gardening shed? Why does Miles say he can no longer see Sarah?
10. In Chapter 16, what does the unnamed narrator say he did when he saw Missy up ahead of him on the road?
This section contains 1,109 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)