|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Miles questions Brian's sudden need to tell the truth because _______________.
(a) His story blames Missy for her own death.
(b) He waited two years.
(c) His story does not fit the facts.
(d) He seems to be looking for attention.
2. What does Jonah tell Miles he dreamed about?
(a) Sarah had a car accident.
(b) He fell from a tall building.
(c) Miles had been in an accident.
(d) His mother came back to see him.
3. In Chapter 19, who tries to stop Miles from leaving the sheriff's office?
4. What does Brian bring to Missy's grave each time he visits?
(a) A barbecue dinner.
(b) A wreath.
(d) A picture of Jonah.
5. What detail of the accident does Brian mention that finally gets Miles' attention?
(a) The logo on Missy's t-shirt.
(b) The rock that killed Missy.
(c) The blanket.
(d) The location of the accident.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 36, what does Brian momentarily think Miles intends to do to him?
2. What does the narrator say Missy was wearing on the day he hit her?
3. In Chapter 20, what was Otis' alibi two years ago for the night of Missy's death?
4. In Chapter 22, Charlie learns that Earl claims __________set him up for his current conviction.
5. In Chapter 31, what one reason does Sarah remind Miles of to keep him from killing Otis?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
2. What detail of Brian's story finally gets through to Miles and makes him realize that it was only an accident?
3. Why does Miles not tell Charlie the truth about his car accident and why he had Brian Andrews handcuffed in the back of his car? Why does Charlie not question him further?
4. Why does Sims Addison claim in Chapter 17 that he never wants to return to jail?
5. What does the unnamed narrator say he was doing the night of Missy's death?
6. How does Miles react to Jonah's questions about his mother when he finds Miles watching home videos?
7. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
8. Why does Miles not arrest Brian when he sees him at Missy's grave?
9. Why does Miles tell Sarah he took the gun out of the gardening shed? Why does Miles say he can no longer see Sarah?
10. In Chapter 27, whom does Sarah turn to for advice about Miles? What is Sarah most concerned about in regards to Miles?
This section contains 1,240 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)