|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of car was the unnamed narrator driving the night of Missy's death?
(a) Lincoln Towncar.
(b) Ford Mustang.
(c) Pontiac Bonneville.
(d) Cadillac Coup de Ville.
2. What image does the narrator say haunted him in the weeks after Missy's death?
(a) The sight of her twisted limbs.
(b) The sight of her face.
(c) The sight of his car.
(d) The sight of the dog.
3. Why does the narrator believe Miles has stopped looking at the case file on Missy's case after a year?
(a) He no longer thinks he can find the killer.
(b) He no longer has time.
(c) He realizes Jonah needs all his free time.
(d) He knows it is at a standstill.
4. In Chapter 17, the author compare Sims Addison to what animal?
(a) A dog.
(b) A bird.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A rat.
5. What does the narrator claim caused Missy to jump into the road in front of his car?
(a) She tripped.
(b) A wild hog.
(c) A insect.
(d) A dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. What failed to happen after Sims Addison's arrest?
2. In Chapter 32, for what reason does Sarah decide Miles should know the truth about Missy's death?
3. What does Miles do with Sims after Sims is finished telling his story?
4. In Chapter 17, what does the author say many people do in Sims' presence without thinking about it because of his appearance?
5. In Chapter 32, what does Sarah say Miles does not care about?
Short Essay Questions
1. What threats against Miles does the district attorney and the Timson family attorney make to Charlie?
2. What does Miles do during the arrest of Otis Timson that could come back to haunt him later?
3. In Chapter 27, why does Miles lash out at Sarah?
4. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
5. Why does the unnamed narrator begin to spy on Jonah and Miles? What does he hope to see?
6. In Chapter 24, what is Miles doing when Jonah comes home from school? What does he tell Sarah when she later comes to the house?
7. How does Sarah react to the revelation that Brian killed Missy Ryan?
8. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
9. Why does Miles not file a report on Sims Addison before his shift is over? How does Sims use this to his advantage?
10. In Chapter 26, what does Charlie do when Miles reports for work first thing in the morning?
This section contains 1,194 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)