|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 34, whose fault was the accident between Miles and Wiggins?
(d) No one.
2. In Chapter 17, why does Charlie call Miles in to work early?
(a) A suspect in a local crime was located.
(b) There was an accident on the highway.
(c) Sims wants to speak to him.
(d) He needs him to do extra paperwork.
3. In Chapter 23, how long after Missy's death does the narrator say he began watching Miles and Jonah at home?
(a) Six hours.
(b) Six weeks.
(c) Six days.
(d) Six months.
4. What does Miles do with Sims after Sims is finished telling his story?
(a) He promises to speak with the D.A.
(b) He beats him up.
(c) He files a report about the incident.
(d) He lets him go.
5. What does the narrator see Miles fail to do with Jonah while he is watching them after Missy's death?
(a) Make him go to bed.
(b) Comfort him.
(c) Speak to him.
(d) Care for his hygiene.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of car was the unnamed narrator driving the night of Missy's death?
2. In Chapter 36, what does Brian momentarily think Miles intends to do to him?
3. What makes Sarah think that Otis Timson might be in danger from Miles?
4. In Chapter 26, why does Jonah tell Miles he does not like the case file on Missy's accident?
5. What does Sarah say about Sims' and Earl's testimony concerning Otis' supposed confession?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Sarah react to the revelation that Brian killed Missy Ryan?
2. How does Charlie react when he learns that Miles arrested Otis Timson?
3. In Chapter 28, why does the unnamed narrator say he finally felt as though he could stop watching the Ryan home? Why is this?
4. Why does Miles not arrest Brian when he sees him at Missy's grave?
5. Why does Miles tell Sarah he took the gun out of the gardening shed? Why does Miles say he can no longer see Sarah?
6. In Chapter 27, why does Miles lash out at Sarah?
7. Why does Miles not tell Charlie the truth about his car accident and why he had Brian Andrews handcuffed in the back of his car? Why does Charlie not question him further?
8. In Chapter 20, where does Charlie decide to go in order to try to help Miles out of the mess he has created for himself?
9. In Chapter 26, when does Miles finally notice that Sarah has gone? Why does he notice?
10. In Chapter 29, why does Brian suddenly feel it is important to tell Sarah to make Miles back off of Otis Timson? What does Brian reveal to the reader in this chapter?
This section contains 1,243 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)