|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who performs a field neuro exam on Brian?
(d) Mr. Wiggins.
2. Who is Earl Getlin?
(a) A fellow deputy.
(b) A former cellmate of Sims Addison.
(c) A known criminal currently in prison for grand theft auto.
(d) A relative of Otis Timson.
3. Why does Miles tell Sarah he can no longer see her?
(a) He cannot believe she did not know all along.
(b) He cannot look at her and not think about Brian.
(c) He cannot betray Missy that way.
(d) He cannot face holiday dinners facing his wife's killer.
4. In Chapter 26, why does Jonah tell Miles he does not like the case file on Missy's accident?
(a) They make Miles forget about him.
(b) They make Miles sad.
(c) Because he misses his mother.
(d) They have pictures of sad things.
5. In Chapter 31, what one reason does Sarah remind Miles of to keep him from killing Otis?
(a) He cannot survive jail.
(b) She needs him.
(c) Missy would not want him to go to jail to avenge her death.
(d) Jonah is all he has.
6. What does Sarah say about Sims' and Earl's testimony concerning Otis' supposed confession?
(a) Otis was joking, and they knew it.
(b) Someone else must have said it.
(c) They heard it wrong.
(d) They did not hear such a thing.
7. What does the narrator claim caused Missy to jump into the road in front of his car?
(a) A insect.
(b) A wild hog.
(c) A dog.
(d) She tripped.
8. What does Jonah tell Miles he dreamed about?
(a) Miles had been in an accident.
(b) His mother came back to see him.
(c) Sarah had a car accident.
(d) He fell from a tall building.
9. In Chapter 29, what does Brian want to know if Sarah did when he first arrives at her apartment?
(a) If she told Miles to back off of Otis.
(b) If she told anyone the truth about Missy's death.
(c) If she called Charlie about Miles.
(d) If she told Charlie Otis was innocent.
10. What angers Sarah most about Brian's confession?
(a) He chose to tell her after she met Miles.
(b) He hid the truth and ran.
(c) He could do such a thing in the first place.
(d) He did not tell her the truth from the beginning.
11. In Chapter 17, the author compare Sims Addison to what animal?
(a) A rat.
(b) A dog.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A bird.
12. In Chapter 21, what does the narrator talk about hearing two weeks after Missy's funeral?
(a) A bird.
(b) A dog barking.
(c) A rumor about the hit and run.
(d) A wild hog.
13. In Chapter 35, who was babysitting Jonah throughout Miles' whole ordeal with Brian?
(b) Mrs. Knowlson.
14. In Chapter 26, Miles decides he needs to see ___________after leaving the sheriff's office.
15. What failed to happen after Sims Addison's arrest?
(a) No copies of the report could be found.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) No report was filed.
(d) He became ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miles pull out of hiding and begin to study?
2. In Chapter 20, who confronts Miles the moment he returns to the sheriff's office?
3. In Chapter 35, what question tortures Miles most about Brian's confession?
4. Does Earl corroborate Sims Addison's story about Otis Timson confessing to killing Missy Ryan?
5. In Chapter 19, who confronts Miles when he reaches his destination?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)