|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Miles do the night Missy died instead of blowing the cut grass off the sidewalk as she had asked?
(a) Went out with his friends.
(b) Took a shower.
(c) Put the fish away.
(d) Made himself a snack.
2. In Chapter 7, what does Miles find himself wondering about Sarah?
(a) What her morning routine was like.
(b) The kind of men she was attracted to.
(c) What she looked like fresh from bed.
(d) The kind of movies she liked to watch.
3. In Chapter 11, how many times does Sarah's mother call her before her first date with Miles?
4. Who is Caleb Bradham?
(a) Inventor of 7-Up.
(b) Inventor of Coca-Cola.
(c) Inventor of Dr. Pepper.
(d) Inventor of Pepsi-Cola.
5. In Chapter 6, what does Sarah say makes her hate Michael so much?
(a) She never liked him.
(b) He humiliated her.
(c) She loved him, making what happened between them worse.
(d) He never loved her.
6. What does Sarah give to Jonah to make up for the lack of children to play with at Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) Pokemon cards.
(b) A coloring book.
(c) Matchbox cars.
(d) A video game.
7. In Chapter 4, what does the unnamed narrator say people expected initially in the investigation of Missy's death?
(a) It would turn out to be a drunk driver.
(b) The responsible party would be found quickly.
(c) That an out-of-towner did it.
(d) That Miles would be arrested quickly.
8. At the end of Chapter 7, how much longer does Sarah tell Miles she will continue to tutor Jonah?
(a) The rest of the year.
(b) At least a month.
(c) A week.
(d) Till the end of the semester.
9. What do the boys initially tell Miles they were hunting in the abandoned house?
10. In Chapter 12, what plans does Jonah make with friends?
(a) A sleepover.
(b) A trip to the beach.
(c) A trip to the movies.
(d) A birthday party.
11. Where did Sarah live before moving to New Bern?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) New York City.
12. What university does Sarah say her brother, Brian, attends?
(c) UT Austin.
13. Who had the biggest hand in restoring New Bern's historic buildings?
(a) The Rockefeller Foundation.
(b) The Daughter's of the Revolution.
(c) A private corporation.
(d) The residents.
14. Who gave the eulogy at Missy Ryan's funeral?
(a) Her brother.
(d) Her father.
15. What drink does Sarah tell Miles she has first thing in the morning?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what one reason does Miles realize is stopping him from moving on with his life since Missy's death?
2. In what type of school did Sarah teach before coming to New Bern?
3. What gift does Miles bring to Sarah on their first date?
4. In Chapter 14, how did Miles and Sarah spend Halloween?
5. What aspect of Missy's case bothers Miles the most, according to Brenda in Chapter 8?
This section contains 571 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)