|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what reason does Jonah give Miles for not telling him about the trouble he was having in class?
(a) He does not want Miles to be mad at him.
(b) He was embarrassed.
(c) He did tell Miles, Miles simply was not paying attention.
(d) He thought Miles was too busy to help him.
2. In Chapter 1, what does Jonah say is the difference between the work his new teacher, Miss Andrews, assigns as compared to his previous teacher, Mrs. Hayes?
(a) Miss Andrews' work is harder.
(b) Miss Andrews' offers less help with the work.
(c) Mrs. Hayes' work was harder.
(d) Mrs. Hayes explained the lessons in a clearer manner.
3. What does the unnamed narrator say was the center of Missy and Miles' life?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their jobs.
(c) Their son.
(d) Their friends.
4. What does the unnamed narrator say this story is about in the prologue?
(a) Lies and deciet.
(b) Love and loneliness.
(c) Murder and intrigue.
(d) Love and forgiveness.
5. In Chapter 5, what item does Miles say someone placed over Missy's body in the moments after the accident?
(a) A blanket.
(b) A jacket.
(c) A sheet.
(d) A burlap sack.
6. What game do Sarah and Miles play that Sarah proves to be surprisingly good at?
(a) Air Hockey.
7. What is the point of view used in the majority of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) Authoria voice.
(d) Third person omniscient.
8. In Chapter 4, what is the unnamed narrator looking at on his desk as he writes this section of his story?
(b) Old newspaper clippings.
(c) Crime scene photos.
(d) A diary.
9. What treat does Sarah provide in Chapter 7 during her first tutoring session with Jonah?
(a) Cup cakes.
(d) Ice cream.
10. In Chapter 5, what is Miles thinking about as he drives home with Jonah?
(b) Whether he should go fishing over the weekend or not.
(c) Missy's death and Sarah and Jonah.
(d) His lunch with Charlie.
11. In Chapter 9, what does Miles watch after Jonah has gone to bed?
(a) Home videos of himself as a child.
(b) Home videos of drunk driving suspects.
(c) Home videos of Missy.
(d) Home videos of his mother.
12. Who is Caleb Bradham?
(a) Inventor of 7-Up.
(b) Inventor of Dr. Pepper.
(c) Inventor of Coca-Cola.
(d) Inventor of Pepsi-Cola.
13. Who gave the eulogy at Missy Ryan's funeral?
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
14. To what does the unnamed narrator confess to in Chapter 10?
(a) He loved Missy.
(b) He was the one who hit Missy.
(c) He witnessed the accident.
(d) He is a long lost relative of Missy's.
15. What object became a symbol of the love between Harris and Kathryn Presser?
(a) Six yellow roses.
(b) Two burning candles in a window.
(c) A bouquet of gladiolas.
(d) A strong oak tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pose do the two boys inside the abandoned house take as they make there way out to Miles?
2. What name does Sarah give to Otis Timson as her own?
3. What sport does Jonah Ryan play?
4. In Chapter 4, how many witnesses does the unnamed narrator say there were to Missy's death?
5. In Chapter 7, what does Miles find himself wondering about Sarah?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)