|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-37 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 24, what do Tillman and Jones accuse Miles of doing to Otis Timson?
(a) Smashing his head against the cage of his car.
(b) Breaking his fingers.
(c) Beating him up.
(d) Putting a gun to his head.
2. What image does the narrator say haunted him in the weeks after Missy's death?
(a) The sight of his car.
(b) The sight of her face.
(c) The sight of the dog.
(d) The sight of her twisted limbs.
3. Who repeatedly calls to speak to Charlie after Otis Timson is arrested?
(b) Clyde Timson.
(c) Otis' grandmother.
(d) The D.A.
4. In Chapter 37, what does Charlie imply he knows about Brian and Miles?
(a) Brian is Jonah's real father.
(b) Brian is Miles' new best friend.
(c) Brian is Missy's killer and Miles let him go.
(d) Brian is the cause of Miles' split with Sarah.
5. In Chapter 1, what reason does Jonah give Miles for not telling him about the trouble he was having in class?
(a) He was embarrassed.
(b) He did tell Miles, Miles simply was not paying attention.
(c) He does not want Miles to be mad at him.
(d) He thought Miles was too busy to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what does Jonah think is causing Miles' silence in the car ride home?
2. What makes Sarah think that Otis Timson might be in danger from Miles?
3. What one concern does Charlie have about Miles' relationship with Sarah?
4. How old is Sarah as the novel begins?
5. In Chapter 11, where do Sarah and Miles go for their date?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)