|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 29-37 and Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What failed to happen after Sims Addison's arrest?
(a) No report was filed.
(b) He disappeared.
(c) He became ill.
(d) No copies of the report could be found.
2. In Chapter 1, what one reason does Miles realize is stopping him from moving on with his life since Missy's death?
(b) Missy's death is still an unsolved case.
(c) The small town atmosphere and lack of single women.
(d) His obligations to his in-laws.
3. What is Tryon Palace?
(a) Residence of the Confederate president.
(b) The mayor's house.
(c) Residence of the colonial governor.
(d) The governor's mansion.
4. What is the first thing Charlie notices as being wrong with Sims' story?
(a) He is not a good witness.
(b) He did not come forward sooner.
(c) He is a drunk.
(d) He is a known liar.
5. In Chapter 4, what is the unnamed narrator looking at on his desk as he writes this section of his story?
(a) Old newspaper clippings.
(b) Crime scene photos.
(c) A diary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the road where Missy was hit?
2. In Chapter 37, what does Charlie imply he knows about Brian and Miles?
3. What injury does Brian suffer in the accident with Miles?
4. What garment does Sarah's mother forbid her from wearing on her first date with Miles?
5. What does the narrator say Missy was wearing on the day he hit her?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)