|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 21-28.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what other places does the narrator admit to watching Miles and Jonah other than their home?
(a) Jonah's school and Missy's grave.
(b) Jonah's babysitter and church.
(c) The store and church.
(d) The store and the sheriff's office.
2. What is the first thing Charlie notices as being wrong with Sims' story?
(a) He is a known liar.
(b) He is not a good witness.
(c) He did not come forward sooner.
(d) He is a drunk.
3. Why does Sarah tell her mother Miles agreed to work Thanksgiving Day?
(a) He can escape the neverending football games.
(b) He can enjoy the peace and quiet of the empty station.
(c) He can have Christmas off.
(d) They need extra help at the drunk driving checkpoints.
4. Why did the narrator cover Missy with a blanket?
(a) To cover his crime.
(b) To keep others from seeing her as he had.
(c) To hide her from passersby.
(d) To keep her warm.
5. What does Miles pull out of hiding and begin to study?
(a) Pictures of Missy.
(b) Old arrest records on Otis.
(c) Old newspaper clippings about Missy's death.
(d) His case file in Missy's death.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image does the narrator say haunted him in the weeks after Missy's death?
2. In Chapter 3, what item does Miles offer to buy for Sarah in exchange for her work with Jonah?
3. In Chapter 5, what is Miles thinking about as he drives home with Jonah?
4. What reason does the narrator give for leaving the scene of the crime?
5. What garment does Sarah's mother forbid her from wearing on her first date with Miles?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)