|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what reason does Sarah realize Miles had so much trouble asking her out?
(a) He feels disloyal to Missy.
(b) He does not like her enough.
(c) He is afraid of what people will think.
(d) He does not know how.
2. In Chapter 14, how did Miles and Sarah spend Halloween?
(a) On vacation in Nag's Head.
(b) A a school party.
(c) At a church carnival.
(d) At the beach and then trick-or-treating with Jonah.
3. What is Tryon Palace?
(a) The mayor's house.
(b) Residence of the Confederate president.
(c) Residence of the colonial governor.
(d) The governor's mansion.
4. Why does Miles say he does not like Sarah's ex-husband?
(a) She dislikes him.
(b) He was cruel to her.
(c) He has an MBA.
(d) He hurt her.
5. How old is Sarah as the novel begins?
Short Answer Questions
1. What gift does Miles bring to Sarah on their first date?
2. In Chapter 7, what does Miles find himself wondering about Sarah?
3. In Chapter 12, what habit does Sarah tell Miles she uses to dry her hair after a shower?
4. In Chapter 3, what complaint does Miles silently make about Sarah's classroom during their first meeting?
5. What is the question the unnamed narrator asks as he begins the prologue?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)