|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the unnamed narrator say this story is about in the prologue?
(a) Murder and intrigue.
(b) Lies and deciet.
(c) Love and forgiveness.
(d) Love and loneliness.
2. Who gave the eulogy at Missy Ryan's funeral?
(a) Her brother.
(c) Her father.
3. In Chapter 1, what does Miles think Missy's reaction to Jonah's troubles would have been?
(a) She would have had them under control before they even happened.
(b) She would have bought Jonah a dozen tutors.
(c) She would have blamed the teacher.
(d) She would have punished Jonah.
4. What river can Miles see from his back porch?
(a) Crabtree Creek.
(b) Trent River.
(c) Roanoke River.
(d) Eno River.
5. In Chapter 4, what does the unnamed narrator say people expected initially in the investigation of Missy's death?
(a) That an out-of-towner did it.
(b) The responsible party would be found quickly.
(c) That Miles would be arrested quickly.
(d) It would turn out to be a drunk driver.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what reason does Jonah give Miles for not telling him about the trouble he was having in class?
2. What university does Sarah say her brother, Brian, attends?
3. In Chapter 3, what assumptions did Sarah make about Miles that she found to be incorrect at their first meeting?
4. For what reason does Sarah realize Miles had so much trouble asking her out?
5. In Chapter 1, what one reason does Miles realize is stopping him from moving on with his life since Missy's death?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)