|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Miles Ryan as the book begins?
2. Who escorted Missy Ryan's funeral hearse to the cemetery?
(a) The fire department.
(b) Every sheriff and police officer in the county.
(c) Military vehicles.
(d) Miles only.
3. In Chapter 3, what assumptions did Sarah make about Miles that she found to be incorrect at their first meeting?
(a) That he would be older and overweight.
(b) That he would be more of a redneck.
(c) That he would be rude and unconcerned about Jonah's schoolwork.
(d) That he would be weepy and still grieving his wife.
4. What is the point of view used in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person limited.
(b) Authoria voice.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
5. What is Tryon Palace?
(a) The mayor's house.
(b) The governor's mansion.
(c) Residence of the Confederate president.
(d) Residence of the colonial governor.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Sarah say her parents have been married?
2. What treat does Sarah provide in Chapter 7 during her first tutoring session with Jonah?
3. What does Sarah give to Jonah to make up for the lack of children to play with at Thanksgiving dinner?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Jonah say is the difference between the work his new teacher, Miss Andrews, assigns as compared to his previous teacher, Mrs. Hayes?
5. In Chapter 1, what one reason does Miles realize is stopping him from moving on with his life since Missy's death?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)