|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is causing the unnamed narrator to have trouble sleeping in the prologue?
(a) Thoughts of fate.
(b) A bad back.
(c) His wife's snoring.
(d) Thoughts of deceased family members.
2. What river can Miles see from his back porch?
(a) Roanoke River.
(b) Trent River.
(c) Eno River.
(d) Crabtree Creek.
3. What game do Sarah and Miles play that Sarah proves to be surprisingly good at?
(b) Air Hockey.
4. What does the unnamed narrator say was the center of Missy and Miles' life?
(a) Their family.
(b) Their friends.
(c) Their jobs.
(d) Their son.
5. What name does Sarah give to Otis Timson as her own?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the point of view of the prologue of this novel?
2. In Chapter 14, what reason does Sarah give for delaying introducing Miles to her family?
3. Who had the biggest hand in restoring New Bern's historic buildings?
4. In Chapter 14, how did Miles and Sarah spend Halloween?
5. In Chapter 3, where does Miles tell Sarah his father went after his mother's death?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)