|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what assumptions did Sarah make about Miles that she found to be incorrect at their first meeting?
(a) That he would be more of a redneck.
(b) That he would be weepy and still grieving his wife.
(c) That he would be older and overweight.
(d) That he would be rude and unconcerned about Jonah's schoolwork.
2. In Chapter 11, why do Sarah and Miles leave the Tavern before finishing their drinks?
(a) To get some fresh air.
(b) To be alone.
(c) To check on Jonah.
(d) To avoid a fight with Otis Timson.
3. In Chapter 7, what does Miles find himself wondering about Sarah?
(a) What her morning routine was like.
(b) The kind of movies she liked to watch.
(c) The kind of men she was attracted to.
(d) What she looked like fresh from bed.
4. Who gave the eulogy at Missy Ryan's funeral?
(b) Her father.
(c) Her brother.
5. In Chapter 1, what reason does Jonah give Miles for not telling him about the trouble he was having in class?
(a) He does not want Miles to be mad at him.
(b) He did tell Miles, Miles simply was not paying attention.
(c) He was embarrassed.
(d) He thought Miles was too busy to help him.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the end of Chapter 7, how much longer does Sarah tell Miles she will continue to tutor Jonah?
2. In Chapter 3, what item does Miles offer to buy for Sarah in exchange for her work with Jonah?
3. How old is Sarah as the novel begins?
4. What pose do the two boys inside the abandoned house take as they make there way out to Miles?
5. What university does Sarah say her brother, Brian, attends?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)