|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the point of view used in the majority of this novel?
(a) Authoria voice.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Third person omniscient.
2. What garment does Sarah's mother forbid her from wearing on her first date with Miles?
(a) Michael's college sweater.
(b) Her long, thick green jacket.
(c) Her black lace shawl.
(d) Her brother's high school letter jacket.
3. In Chapter 5, why does Miles think Missy's killer ran from the scene of the accident?
(a) He was drunk or hit her intentionally to hurt Miles.
(b) He was unaware of what he had done.
(c) He was young and frightened.
(d) He was afraid of Miles' wrath.
4. What did Miles do the night Missy died instead of blowing the cut grass off the sidewalk as she had asked?
(a) Went out with his friends.
(b) Put the fish away.
(c) Took a shower.
(d) Made himself a snack.
5. What is the point of view of the prologue of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Authorial voice.
(c) Third person omniscient.
(d) Third person limited.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does the unnamed narrator confess to in Chapter 10?
2. What is causing the unnamed narrator to have trouble sleeping in the prologue?
3. In Chapter 12, what habit does Sarah tell Miles she uses to dry her hair after a shower?
4. In Chapter 11, where do Sarah and Miles go for their date?
5. In Chapter 14, what reason does Sarah give for delaying introducing Miles to her family?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)