|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, what excuse does Sarah learn she can use if she is ever late for an appointment again?
(a) She had a flat tire.
(b) She had to deal with a discipline issue with a student.
(c) She was on the phone with her mother.
(d) She got stuck on the bridge.
2. What river can Miles see from his back porch?
(a) Trent River.
(b) Crabtree Creek.
(c) Roanoke River.
(d) Eno River.
3. In Chapter 15, how does Maureen introduce Miles to all of Sarah's relatives during Thanksgiving dinner?
(a) As her cousin.
(b) As her boyfriend.
(c) As her friend.
(d) As her student's father.
4. Who is Charlie Curtis?
(a) One of Sarah's students.
(b) Principal of New Bern Elementary.
(c) Sarah's ex-husband.
(d) Sheriff, Miles's boss, and Miles' friend.
5. What is Tryon Palace?
(a) The governor's mansion.
(b) Residence of the colonial governor.
(c) Residence of the Confederate president.
(d) The mayor's house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the weather like the day of Missy Ryan's funeral?
2. For what reason does Miss Harkins say Harris Presser did not join the Confederate army during the Civil War?
3. In Chapter 11, why do Sarah and Miles leave the Tavern before finishing their drinks?
4. In Chapter 3, what item does Miles offer to buy for Sarah in exchange for her work with Jonah?
5. What does Miles refer to as D-Day?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)