|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Sarah live before moving to New Bern?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(c) New York City.
2. What is the point of view used in the majority of this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Authoria voice.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) First person.
3. In Chapter 13, what does Sarah say she once enjoyed doing at the bistros in the big city?
(a) Meeting with friends.
(b) Watching the world go by.
(c) Eating fattening desserts.
(d) Sipping her tea and reading her paper.
4. In Chapter 2, what does Miles learn Otis Timson is claiming against him?
(a) Lying in the police report.
(c) False arrest.
(d) Police brutality.
5. What one concern does Charlie have about Miles' relationship with Sarah?
(a) It is moving too fast.
(b) Jonah might not be ready.
(c) Sarah might not be trustworthy.
(d) Miles might not be ready to move on.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what does Jonah say is the difference between the work his new teacher, Miss Andrews, assigns as compared to his previous teacher, Mrs. Hayes?
2. What river can Miles see from his back porch?
3. How old is Miles Ryan as the book begins?
4. In Chapter 9, what does Miles watch after Jonah has gone to bed?
5. In Chapter 3, what assumptions did Sarah make about Miles that she found to be incorrect at their first meeting?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)