|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From where does Miles hear gunfire?
(a) Inside an abandoned house.
(b) In an abandoned corn field.
(c) From his boss's office.
(d) Inside the local courthouse.
2. In Chapter 3, what item does Miles offer to buy for Sarah in exchange for her work with Jonah?
(a) A fan.
(b) A gross of crayons for the students.
(c) A meal out.
(d) An English textbook.
3. In what type of school did Sarah teach before coming to New Bern?
(a) Private schools.
(b) Inner-city schools.
(c) She did not, she was a private tutor.
(d) Charter schools.
4. What do the boys initially tell Miles they were hunting in the abandoned house?
5. What is the point of view of the prologue of this novel?
(a) Third person omniscient.
(b) Third person limited.
(c) First person.
(d) Authorial voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Sarah live before moving to New Bern?
2. In Chapter 3, what assumptions did Sarah make about Miles that she found to be incorrect at their first meeting?
3. In Chapter 5, what item does Miles say someone placed over Missy's body in the moments after the accident?
4. What aspect of Missy's case bothers Miles the most, according to Brenda in Chapter 8?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, how much longer does Sarah tell Miles she will continue to tutor Jonah?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)