|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Tryon Palace?
(a) The governor's mansion.
(b) Residence of the colonial governor.
(c) Residence of the Confederate president.
(d) The mayor's house.
2. In Chapter 6, what was the first thing that went wrong in Sarah's day?
(a) The water heater went out, forcing her to take a cold shower.
(b) Several of her students had colds and coughed on her.
(c) She learned her ex-husband is re-marrying.
(d) Her car had a flat tire.
3. In Chapter 5, what is Miles thinking about as he drives home with Jonah?
(a) Missy's death and Sarah and Jonah.
(c) His lunch with Charlie.
(d) Whether he should go fishing over the weekend or not.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Miles think Missy's reaction to Jonah's troubles would have been?
(a) She would have had them under control before they even happened.
(b) She would have blamed the teacher.
(c) She would have punished Jonah.
(d) She would have bought Jonah a dozen tutors.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Jonah say is the difference between the work his new teacher, Miss Andrews, assigns as compared to his previous teacher, Mrs. Hayes?
(a) Mrs. Hayes explained the lessons in a clearer manner.
(b) Mrs. Hayes' work was harder.
(c) Miss Andrews' offers less help with the work.
(d) Miss Andrews' work is harder.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what assumptions did Sarah make about Miles that she found to be incorrect at their first meeting?
2. In Chapter 5, why does Miles think Missy's killer ran from the scene of the accident?
3. What is the point of view of the prologue of this novel?
4. In Chapter 4, how many witnesses does the unnamed narrator say there were to Missy's death?
5. What does Jonah sleep with every night that Missy gave him?
This section contains 360 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)