|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jonah sleep with every night that Missy gave him?
(a) A teddy bear.
(b) A baby blanket.
(c) A special pillow.
(d) An action figure.
2. What does the unnamed narrator say this story is about in the prologue?
(a) Murder and intrigue.
(b) Love and forgiveness.
(c) Love and loneliness.
(d) Lies and deciet.
3. In Chapter 4, what excuse does the unnamed narrator suggest Miles might have made for Missy returning late the night of her death?
(a) She stopped to have a drink at the Tavern.
(b) She stopped to complain about him to her mother.
(c) She stopped to pick up a fresh bottle of wine.
(d) She stopped to speak someone from work.
4. In Chapter 3, what complaint does Miles silently make about Sarah's classroom during their first meeting?
(a) It is too claustrophobic.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too childishly decorated.
(d) It is too chaotic.
5. In Chapter 1, what does Miles realize he is tired of?
(a) Being an object of pity.
(b) Being a single parent.
(c) Being a sheriff's deputy.
(d) Being lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 5, what item does Miles say someone placed over Missy's body in the moments after the accident?
2. In Chapter 1, what does Miles think Missy's reaction to Jonah's troubles would have been?
3. In Chapter 1, what reason does Jonah give Miles for not telling him about the trouble he was having in class?
4. At the end of Chapter 7, how much longer does Sarah tell Miles she will continue to tutor Jonah?
5. In Chapter 5, what is Miles thinking about as he drives home with Jonah?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)