|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Prologue and Chapters 1-2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what is Miles doing as he sits on his back porch?
(a) Talking on the phone.
2. What is Tryon Palace?
(a) Residence of the Confederate president.
(b) Residence of the colonial governor.
(c) The governor's mansion.
(d) The mayor's house.
3. What does the unnamed narrator say this story is about in the prologue?
(a) Love and loneliness.
(b) Murder and intrigue.
(c) Lies and deciet.
(d) Love and forgiveness.
4. In Chapter 1, what does Miles realize he is tired of?
(a) Being a sheriff's deputy.
(b) Being lonely.
(c) Being a single parent.
(d) Being an object of pity.
5. How old was Missy Ryan when she was killed?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 1, what reason does Jonah give Miles for not telling him about the trouble he was having in class?
2. In Chapter 1, what reason does Miles give Jonah for not making pancakes for breakfast?
3. Where does the unnamed narrator say Missy worked shortly after her wedding to Miles?
4. Who had the biggest hand in restoring New Bern's historic buildings?
5. How old is Miles Ryan as the book begins?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)