|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what item does Miles offer to buy for Sarah in exchange for her work with Jonah?
(a) A gross of crayons for the students.
(b) An English textbook.
(c) A meal out.
(d) A fan.
2. In Chapter 5, what does Jonah think is causing Miles' silence in the car ride home?
(a) Miss Andrews said something terrible about Jonah's behavior.
(b) Miles is angry and Jonah is in trouble.
(c) Miles is planning a surprise.
3. In what year was Jonah born?
4. Where does the unnamed narrator say Missy worked shortly after her wedding to Miles?
(a) Mercy Hospital.
(b) Wachovia Bank.
(c) New Bern Elementary school.
(d) New Bern Sheriff's office.
5. In what type of school did Sarah teach before coming to New Bern?
(a) Charter schools.
(b) Inner-city schools.
(c) Private schools.
(d) She did not, she was a private tutor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Miles refer to as D-Day?
2. What aspect of Missy's case bothers Miles the most, according to Brenda in Chapter 8?
3. What does the unnamed narrator say this story is about in the prologue?
4. In Chapter 1, what does Miles think Missy's reaction to Jonah's troubles would have been?
5. What is the point of view used in the majority of this novel?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)