|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 3-9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 5, why does Miles think Missy's killer ran from the scene of the accident?
(a) He was unaware of what he had done.
(b) He was drunk or hit her intentionally to hurt Miles.
(c) He was young and frightened.
(d) He was afraid of Miles' wrath.
2. What is the point of view of the prologue of this novel?
(a) First person.
(b) Authorial voice.
(c) Third person limited.
(d) Third person omniscient.
3. In Chapter 2, what does Sarah think New Bern is perfect for doing?
(a) Starting life over after a divorce.
(b) Raising children.
(c) Finding romance.
(d) Writing a historical novel.
4. What does Miles refer to as D-Day?
(a) The anniversary of the day he became a deputy.
(b) Date day.
(c) Dog to the vet day.
(d) Donuts for breakfast day.
5. Where does the unnamed narrator say Missy worked shortly after her wedding to Miles?
(a) Mercy Hospital.
(b) Wachovia Bank.
(c) New Bern Sheriff's office.
(d) New Bern Elementary school.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 9, what does Miles watch after Jonah has gone to bed?
2. What is causing the unnamed narrator to have trouble sleeping in the prologue?
3. How old is Miles Ryan as the book begins?
4. In what type of school did Sarah teach before coming to New Bern?
5. At the end of Chapter 7, how much longer does Sarah tell Miles she will continue to tutor Jonah?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)