|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 16-20.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What name does Sarah give to Otis Timson as her own?
2. In what type of school did Sarah teach before coming to New Bern?
(a) Inner-city schools.
(b) Private schools.
(c) Charter schools.
(d) She did not, she was a private tutor.
3. What university does Sarah say her brother, Brian, attends?
(c) UT Austin.
4. What is the question the unnamed narrator asks as he begins the prologue?
(a) How do you begin a story?
(b) Where does a story begin?
(c) Does a story begin with tragedy?
(d) What is the definition of beginning?
5. In Chapter 13, what does Sarah say she once enjoyed doing at the bistros in the big city?
(a) Eating fattening desserts.
(b) Meeting with friends.
(c) Watching the world go by.
(d) Sipping her tea and reading her paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason does Miss Harkins say Harris Presser did not join the Confederate army during the Civil War?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Sarah say makes her hate Michael so much?
3. In Chapter 12, what plans does Jonah make with friends?
4. From where does Miles hear gunfire?
5. What game do Sarah and Miles play that Sarah proves to be surprisingly good at?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)