|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Salim's attitude about Indar changed?
(a) He used to like Indar, now he mistrusts him.
(b) He used to envy Indar's style, now he thinks Indar is tasteless.
(c) He used to like talking with Indar, now he avoids him.
(d) He used to envy Indar, now he feels protective of him.
2. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
(c) The USA
3. What has become of Indar back in Africa?
(a) He does the lowest kind of jobs and will not take help.
(b) He has opened a Hindu ashram.
(c) He has gone into hiding.
(d) He is imprisoned by the President.
4. Reading some of Raymond's articles, what does Salim conclude?
(a) That Raymond will win the Nobel Prize for literature
(b) That Raymond's book will be a best seller
(c) That Raymond had never visited the places he wrote about
(d) That Raymond is a genius as a writer
5. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
(a) The President commandeered the plane he was scheduled to leave on.
(b) He decided to leave the Domain early.
(c) He did not have enough money for a plane ticket.
(d) He is afraid of flying.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Indar's problem with Shoba and Mahesh?
2. What do Salim and Yvette enjoy at the restaurant?
3. In the light of day, how does Salim see Yvette's and Raymond's house?
4. What does Salim have in his desk drawer?
5. Back in Africa, why does Salim feel sympathy for the President?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Salim react to Nazruddin's letter from Uganda?
2. What was the social gaffe that got Yvette excluded for the President's social events?
3. What is the conclusion Salim draws about the relationship between Yvette and Raymond?
4. How does Salim get away from the local situation for a while?
5. What does Indar tell Salim about his plans for his future?
6. What is a clear sign that the President is now taking charge of his own destiny?
7. Why do Indar and Ferdinand both board the steamer at the same time?
8. What situation irritates Indar when he meets Shoba and Mahesh?
9. Explain Salim's obsession with Yvette.
10. What do Salim and Metty observe from the President's radio broadcast?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)