|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
(b) The USA
2. In what way is Raymond like Salim's family?
(a) They never understand what is happening around them.
(b) They have no respect for the powerful.
(c) They deny the danger around them and are unable to move before it strikes.
(d) They cannot be persuaded to change their ideas on anything.
3. Reading some of Raymond's articles, what does Salim conclude?
(a) That Raymond's book will be a best seller
(b) That Raymond had never visited the places he wrote about
(c) That Raymond is a genius as a writer
(d) That Raymond will win the Nobel Prize for literature
4. At the steamer, what does Salim notice about Ferdinand?
(a) That he is comfortable wherever he is.
(b) That he cannot do things for himself.
(c) That he is too shy to ask questions.
(d) That he has grown dangerously thin.
5. What happens when Salim introduces Indar to Shoba and Mahesh?
(a) They go into business with each other.
(b) They become instant best friends.
(c) They do not get along.
(d) They speak French.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim notice every time he sees Yvette?
2. What happens at the end of Salim's visit to London?
3. What does Yvette tell Salim about Indar?
4. What does Salim have in his desk drawer?
5. What becomes routine for Salim?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)