|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What upsets Indar when he sees the fake Hindu decorations at the Indian High Commission?
(a) They let their culture become foreign kitsch.
(b) They look in poor repair.
(c) They are too expensive to put outside a building.
(d) They do not include any Muslim artifacts.
2. What distresses Salim every time he drives the car?
(a) He has to show his papers over and over, and they always want money.
(b) He has trouble finding petrol.
(c) He is not allowed to park anywhere.
(d) He has to pay a raod tax to the Police.
3. What has become of Kareisha, Nazruddin's daughter whom Salim feared he might have to marry?
(a) Kareisha, Nazruddin's daughter, has become a pharmacist.
(b) Kareisha has gone to India and will marry a doctor.
(c) Kareisha is married to a British man and has four children.
(d) Kareisha has left the family and moved to America.
4. What does Indar tell Salim about his arrival in London?
(a) At first he did not think he could make it there.
(b) He had never been so lost in his life.
(c) He was appalled by the racism in London.
(d) When he first left Africa for London, he thought he would never come back.
5. What does Salim notice every time he sees Yvette?
(a) She is never wearing the same dress.
(b) She is always with Indar.
(c) She always has a different hairstyle.
(d) She looks tired.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Salim close his shop for three hours the day after the affair begins?
2. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
3. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
4. Who is the new owner of Salim's store and why did that happen?
5. What happens as a backlash against the corruption?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)