Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprises Metty when Salim comes looking for him?
(a) Salim has many gifts for him.
(b) Metty thought Salim was too grand after flying to Europe.
(c) He did not expect Salim to return.
(d) Metty thought Salim was in prison.
2. What is Maximes?
(a) A small book written by the President.
(b) New regulations everyone is supposed to memorize.
(c) Raymond's first published book.
(d) A translation of "The Sayings of Chairman Mao."
3. What has become of Raymond and Yvette?
(a) They committed suicide.
(b) They are in prison.
(c) No one knows where they have gone.
(d) They were deported to England.
4. Where does Salim go on his first airplane flight?
(d) The Capital
5. Why does Raymond think it is good that the President's book is so quickly forgotten?
(a) Because Raymond is using much of it in his book.
(b) Because the President may now realize he's being badly advised.
(c) Because the book was too good for the African publis.
(d) Because the President will write a better book.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salim see Mahesh as half a man?
2. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
3. What has become of Kareisha, Nazruddin's daughter whom Salim feared he might have to marry?
4. What amazes Salim about Raymond?
5. What has happened to the European statues in the Capital city?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)