|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Salim get from Uganda?
(a) Nazruddin writes that his business is flourishing.
(b) Nazruddin sends Salim a letter telling him that things are not going well.
(c) The BBC reports wide spread unrest.
(d) Uganda wins a United Nations recognition of excellence.
2. What is Mahesh's behavior while Shoba is gone?
(a) He tries to seduce Yvette.
(b) He acts like a grieving son-in-law.
(c) He never comes out of his house.
(d) He visits the brothels daily.
3. What happens when Metty takes out the car?
(a) He is harassed for bribes and finally jailed.
(b) The car is impounded for a bribe.
(c) His tires are slashed.
(d) He is beaten for driving without a permit.
4. What is the invitation Yvette offers to Salim?
(a) A copy of Raymond's manuscript
(b) Another party at the Domain
(c) A lunch at her house the next day
(d) A trip to the capital
5. What is Indar's comment about Africa?
(a) Indar says that Africa is full of refugees who are also first generation intellectuals.
(b) Africa is two thousand years behind the times.
(c) Native Africans are less intelligent than the Europeans.
(d) Africa is too tribal to ever form stable governments.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim hold onto in the face of all this corruption?
2. Where do Salim and Yvette go after the steamer gets out of sight?
3. What does Indar say about Africans abroad?
4. What distresses Salim every time he drives the car?
5. What happened to Nazruddin in Canada?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)