|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Ferdinand think about Huismans' museum?
(a) This will preserve our African culture.
(b) We have masks in our homes, we do not need a museum.
(c) People should not pay to see African artifacts in Africa.
(d) Europeans will not want to see it.
2. What is Raymond's connection to the President?
(a) He taught the President in the university in London.
(b) He was a close friend of the Presiden't father.
(c) He tutored him when he was a boy.
(d) He is the brother of the President's white wife.
3. What venture does Mahesh undertake that worries Salim?
(a) He opens a taxi service.
(b) He makes elixers for illnesses.
(c) He starts trading with the army.
(d) He makes a contract with the President.
4. What does Raymond say he is working on just before he returns to his study?
(a) A translation of the Bible
(b) A new constitution for the country
(c) A biography of the President
(d) The first historical narrative of Africa
5. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
(a) He calls in United Nations peace keepers.
(b) He moves his capital to the town.
(c) He sends mercenaries who shoot two of the army officers.
(d) He conscripts the villagers into his own army.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why had the town been destroyed during the war?
2. What does the President do at a ruined suburb?
3. Who does Salim think about who had been driven on foot along the same road he travels?
4. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
5. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Ferdinand ask the question about African religion?
2. Describe Mahesh and his desire to strike it rich.
3. What does Salim think about the slaves on the east coast of Africa?
4. For what is the President's complex to be used?
5. Describe Salim's family.
6. What is everyone's perception of Raymond?
7. In what way is Father Huismans somewhat naive?
8. Explain why Zabeth brings Ferdinand to see Salim.
9. What is the underlying mood of the villagers and what effect does it have on Ferdinand?
10. Why is Indar edgy after the party?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)