|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the music playing at the party?
(a) Straus waltzes
(b) The Doors
(c) The Beetles
(d) A Joan Baez album
2. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
(a) Three generations
(b) Over one hundred years
(c) Five years
(d) From the time Salim was born
3. What African artifacts interest Father Huismans the most?
(a) Those that are more modern
(b) Those made of ivory
(c) Those made for African religious purposes
(d) Those that have no religious significance
4. After Father Huismans' death, what prediction of his comes about?
(a) The lycee falls to the ground.
(b) The river rises and flood the town.
(c) The town becomes a thriving settlement.
(d) The school gets a grant from the government.
5. Why was the wooden ice cream spoon venture foolish?
(a) The spoons were to flimsy.
(b) There was no ice cream.
(c) The finished products were too expensive.
(d) People preferred ice cream cones.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who are the main customers at Bigburger?
2. What is Raymond's connection to the President?
3. What does Zabeth represent to Salim?
4. Why is there no history of the Arabs in the country on the east coast of Africa?
5. What is Ferdinand's reaction when Salim wants him to take a book back to the lycee?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain the change in the relationship between Salim and Metty.
2. What happens when Father Huismans is not at the lycee when Salim goes to return the book?
3. Describe Zabeth's business.
4. Why does Ferdinand ask the question about African religion?
5. What is the underlying mood of the villagers and what effect does it have on Ferdinand?
6. How do Salim and Metty begin to react with Ferdinand?
7. What is Raymond's story about the President as a young man?
8. Explain why Zabeth brings Ferdinand to see Salim.
9. Describe the reunion of Salim and Indar.
10. Describe the rumors about the new complex being built near the town.
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)