1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. Where has Salim come from as the story opens?
The east coast of Africa
3. Who sold him the store he is going to run?
4. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
The owner sold it cheaply after the revolution.
5. On his trip to the central part of Africa, who stops Salim often for money or supplies?
Men with guns
6. Who does Salim think about who had been driven on foot along the same road he travels?
7. Moving deeper into Africa, what crosses Salim's mind?
He wonders if he had made a mistake.
This section contains 6,808 words
(approx. 23 pages at 300 words per page)