|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Indar say he actually learned at the University.
(a) That he learned enough to get a good job
(b) That he learned how to live successfully in the world
(c) That he learned nothing
(d) That his education was profitable for him
2. What does Salim see as the contradiction in Father Huismans?
(a) He likes things African but he does not like Africans.
(b) He teaches religion but he has lost his faith.
(c) He professes poverty but he amasses a fortune.
(d) He heads a school but he hates students.
3. What happens when Salim introduces Indar to Shoba and Mahesh?
(a) They do not get along.
(b) They speak French.
(c) They go into business with each other.
(d) They become instant best friends.
4. What does Indar say his goal is now?
(a) To write the book that Raymond is incapable of writing.
(b) To stay on the lecture circuit and make a fortune.
(c) To go into politics and run against the President.
(d) To give the men hope, to give Africa better news about itself, and to start the true African revolution.
5. What does Father Huismans think about the future of Africa?
(a) That it will soon return to its primative ways
(b) That modern civilization is coming
(c) That it will become united into one continental country
(d) That it will never progress
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the slave that Salim's family sends to stay with him?
2. What happens when Salim goes to Yvette's house for lunch?
3. Why is Salim released from detention to fly back to his home?
4. What is Salim's ethnic background?
5. What does Raymond suggest is one of the President's greatest powers?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)