|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salim have in his desk drawer?
(a) Money to make a fast getaway
(b) Photos of Yvette
(c) His last will and testament
(d) Rayond's articles
2. What upsets Indar when he sees the fake Hindu decorations at the Indian High Commission?
(a) They do not include any Muslim artifacts.
(b) They are too expensive to put outside a building.
(c) They let their culture become foreign kitsch.
(d) They look in poor repair.
3. What happens at the end of Salim's visit to London?
(a) He finds a job and returns to sell his store.
(b) He becomes engaged to Kareisha and leaves to go back to Africa.
(c) He severes all ties with Nazruddin and returns to Africa.
(d) He is robbed of everything but his return flight ticket.
4. In what way is Salim optimistic about the town?
(a) He sees that the youth are being educated.
(b) He sees that it is in a strategic place for development.
(c) He thinks it will grow back if the peace holds.
(d) He thinks he will be able to build his business and sell it.
5. Who is the hostess Salim meets at the party?
(b) Zabeth's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indar mean when he tells Salim he's where it's at.
2. How does Salim see Raymond and Yvette after reading Raymond's articles?
3. Moving deeper into Africa, what crosses Salim's mind?
4. What is Indar doing in the town?
5. Why does Salim buy the store from Nazruddin?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)