|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
2. What is Indar doing in the town?
(a) He is a guest lecturer at the Domain.
(b) He is just passing through.
(c) He has decided to follow Salim's example.
(d) He is taking over the lycee.
3. What has become of Indar back in Africa?
(a) He does the lowest kind of jobs and will not take help.
(b) He has opened a Hindu ashram.
(c) He is imprisoned by the President.
(d) He has gone into hiding.
4. What emotion goes through Salim now when he sees or thinks about Ferdinand?
(a) He is envious of Ferdinand's possibility of getting into positions of power and control.
(b) He fears Ferdinand as a force for graft and corruption.
(c) He is surprised that Ferdinand has not dropped out.
(d) He is proud that everyone knows he is Ferdinand's guardian.
5. What signals the end of the town's boom?
(a) Noiman, a successful Greek businessman, sells out and moves to Australia.
(b) The Domain is closed.
(c) The river changes course after an earthquake.
(d) There is a datastrophic fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the purser on the steamer show that he does not respect the President?
2. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
3. Why does Salim close his shop for three hours the day after the affair begins?
4. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
5. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)