|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the habit of Mahesh that always seems to fail?
(a) He tries to go on safari.
(b) He attempts to get a job teaching.
(c) He attempts to nagivage the river to the ocean.
(d) He tries new "get rich quick" schemes.
2. What is Indar doing in the town?
(a) He has decided to follow Salim's example.
(b) He is a guest lecturer at the Domain.
(c) He is taking over the lycee.
(d) He is just passing through.
3. Why does Salim buy the store from Nazruddin?
(a) To get away from persecution
(b) To break away from his family
(c) To do Nazruddin a favor
(d) For a chance to study
4. What does Salim learn from Yvette about Raymond's writing?
(a) He cannot write in the day time.
(b) None of his published books have ever made money.
(c) He has never published a book.
(d) He is losing his eyesight so he wants to write as long as he can.
5. What does Salim think when he is shown the collection of African masks?
(a) That Father Huismans is insane
(b) That it represents Zabeth's world
(c) That he has no interest in such things
(d) That the masks are dangerous
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Salim get from Uganda?
2. Is Salim comfortable with the teaching of the Domain?
3. What does Indar lecture about when Salim attends his class?
4. Who are in the jail with Salim?
5. What becomes routine for Salim?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)