|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Salim's Moslem religion differ from pure Arabian religion?
(a) It is a religion of traditions from people who do not read Arabic.
(b) It has traces of Hinduism.
(c) It only requires prayer once a day.
(d) It includes Christian traditions.
2. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
(a) It was willed to him by an uncle.
(b) He was able to get government support.
(c) The owner sold it cheaply after the revolution.
(d) He had started the store himself.
3. What does Indar say about Raymond?
(a) He is never seen at the Domain.
(b) He is the President's brother-in-law.
(c) He is the President's white man.
(d) He is very wise for one so young,
4. Why was the wooden ice cream spoon venture foolish?
(a) The spoons were to flimsy.
(b) People preferred ice cream cones.
(c) There was no ice cream.
(d) The finished products were too expensive.
5. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
(a) He thinks conditions are too difficult to tolerate.
(b) He thinks Father Huismans is stealing from the lycee.
(c) He cannot find his glasses.
(d) He is sick and there is no doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Salim's first customer?
2. Is Salim comfortable with the teaching of the Domain?
3. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
4. Why was Indar turned down at the Indian High Commission?
5. What happens when Metty takes out the car?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)