|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way is Raymond like Salim's family?
(a) They cannot be persuaded to change their ideas on anything.
(b) They have no respect for the powerful.
(c) They never understand what is happening around them.
(d) They deny the danger around them and are unable to move before it strikes.
2. What behavior does Ferdinand go through after coming to the lycee?
(a) He becomes sullen and tries to run away.
(b) He decides to get close to Salim.
(c) He tries out different personalities.
(d) He becomes an African militant.
3. What does Raymond suggest is one of the President's greatest powers?
(a) Knowing who is real friends are
(b) Getting rid of his opposition
(c) Knowing when to pull back
(d) Looking far into the future
4. At the party what does Salim see couples doing?
(a) Staying apart
5. In what way is Salim optimistic about the town?
(a) He sees that the youth are being educated.
(b) He sees that it is in a strategic place for development.
(c) He thinks it will grow back if the peace holds.
(d) He thinks he will be able to build his business and sell it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indar tell Salim about his arrival in London?
2. Reading some of Raymond's articles, what does Salim conclude?
3. What is the invitation Yvette offers to Salim?
4. What does Indar say he actually learned at the University.
5. What emotion goes through Salim now when he sees or thinks about Ferdinand?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)