|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 4, Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salim notice every time he sees Yvette?
(a) She is always with Indar.
(b) She is never wearing the same dress.
(c) She always has a different hairstyle.
(d) She looks tired.
2. What is Ferdinand's question at Indar's lecture?
(a) He asks how it could be possible to have a New Africa.
(b) He asks if the New Africa will be united across the continent.
(c) He asks if the New Africa will be a democracy.
(d) He asks whether a New Africa could include old African religion.
3. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
(a) He calls in United Nations peace keepers.
(b) He conscripts the villagers into his own army.
(c) He moves his capital to the town.
(d) He sends mercenaries who shoot two of the army officers.
4. Who is the narrator of the story?
5. What request does Ferdinand make of Salim?
(a) He asks Salim to let him work in the store and quit school.
(b) He asks Salim to buy him a car.
(c) He asks Salim to send him to school in America.
(d) He asks Salim to find him a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contraband does one boy leave at Salim's shop?
2. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
3. Reading some of Raymond's articles, what does Salim conclude?
4. What does Indar lecture about when Salim attends his class?
5. What is so surprising about Shoba going to her country when her father dies?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)