|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Indar to become depressed?
(a) Salim does not visit him any more.
(b) His time at the Domain is coming to an end.
(c) He cannot persuade Yvette to divorce Raymond.
(d) He is having to take on more classes at the Domain.
2. What is the "Cult of Madonna?"
(a) The shrines set up as a tribute to the President's mother.
(b) The elevated position of women in the country.
(c) The state religion ordered by the President.
(d) A radical religious group who brainwash believers.
3. At the party what does Salim see couples doing?
(a) Staying apart
4. What accompanies Salim's paperwork when he goes to get a consignment from customs?
(a) A five hundred franc note
(b) A voucher for free goods from Salim's store
(c) An affadavit from the police
(d) A bodyguard
5. What does Salim observe when he visits the Domain?
(a) Young African men who have a big, romantic picture of the New Africa.
(b) There seems to be an effort to return to the old Africa.
(c) The students all look worried.
(d) A picture of the President as big as a house.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sold him the store he is going to run?
2. What surprising action does the President take for the town?
3. What is Ferdinand's dilemma?
4. Why is Shoba fearful?
5. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)