|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the steamer, what does Salim notice about Ferdinand?
(a) That he is too shy to ask questions.
(b) That he has grown dangerously thin.
(c) That he is comfortable wherever he is.
(d) That he cannot do things for himself.
2. After Father Huismans' death, what prediction of his comes about?
(a) The town becomes a thriving settlement.
(b) The lycee falls to the ground.
(c) The river rises and flood the town.
(d) The school gets a grant from the government.
3. What African artifacts interest Father Huismans the most?
(a) Those that are more modern
(b) Those made of ivory
(c) Those that have no religious significance
(d) Those made for African religious purposes
4. Why is the social setting so different for Salim?
(a) As an Arab Muslim, he has never attended a party with mixed sexes.
(b) People are dancing but he does not know how.
(c) He has never been to a party before.
(d) His only association with women has been in the brothels.
5. Why is there no history of the Arabs in the country on the east coast of Africa?
(a) The people were illiterate.
(b) They never wrote anything down.
(c) All their records were destroyed in the revolution.
(d) The Arabs thought histories are unimportant.
Short Answer Questions
1. In the light of day, how does Salim see Yvette's and Raymond's house?
2. How does Mahesh finally make it big?
3. What becomes routine for Salim?
4. What does Salim learn about Zabeth's family?
5. How does Ferdinand react to the army coming to town?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)