|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Salim introduces Indar to Shoba and Mahesh?
(a) They speak French.
(b) They go into business with each other.
(c) They become instant best friends.
(d) They do not get along.
2. Why do people like to go to the Bigburger?
(a) There is no place else to go.
(b) To get inside an air conditioned building where they do not smell the garbage.
(c) They develop a taste for French fried potatoes.
(d) Mahesh has young girls working there.
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
(a) The want Salim to take Ferdinand out of their school.
(b) They try to buy Salim's car.
(c) They want him to send them to America to study.
(d) They are looking for jobs.
5. What is the rumor Ferdinand spreads in the town?
(a) That Salim is secretly a millionaire
(b) That Salim is sending him to study in America
(c) That Salim is trading on the black market
(d) That Salim is secretly married to Nazruddin's daughter
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened when Indar began applying for jobs?
2. What do the villagers do that becomes a threat to the town?
3. After lunch, what does Salim imagine about Yvette's house?
4. What does Father Huismans do almost immediately after the threat of war is over?
5. How does Salim see Raymond and Yvette after reading Raymond's articles?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)