|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Indar mean when he tells Salim he's where it's at.
(a) Where these is the peace of obscurity.
(b) Where the new revolution will start.
(c) Where everything will come to an end.
(d) Where big things are happening.
2. What signals the end of the town's boom?
(a) The river changes course after an earthquake.
(b) Noiman, a successful Greek businessman, sells out and moves to Australia.
(c) The Domain is closed.
(d) There is a datastrophic fire.
3. What do the villagers do that becomes a threat to the town?
(a) They bring their contageous people to stay in the town.
(b) They form an army and move it into the town.
(c) They begin to build bonfires that threaten to set fire to the town.
(d) They demonstrate in the streets every day.
4. What is the habit of Mahesh that always seems to fail?
(a) He tries to go on safari.
(b) He tries new "get rich quick" schemes.
(c) He attempts to get a job teaching.
(d) He attempts to nagivage the river to the ocean.
5. How are the east coast slaves different from those taken on the west coast of Africa?
(a) The east coast slaves were born into slavery.
(b) The east coast slaves were much smaller people.
(c) The east coast slaves were not African.
(d) The east coast slaves were not sent to America.
Short Answer Questions
1. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
2. After Father Huismans' death, what prediction of his comes about?
3. What amazes Salim about Raymond?
4. What does Indar say about Africans abroad?
5. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)