|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to change the relationship between Salim and Metty?
(a) Metty wants to go to the Domain but Salim refuses.
(b) Metty becomes a father and begins taking care of his family.
(c) Metty gets lazy and refuses to work hard.
(d) Metty becomes a militant and threatens Salim.
2. What surprising action does the President take for the town?
(a) He waives taxes for the town.
(b) He declares martial law in the town.
(c) He plans to completely renovate the town.
(d) He is disbanding the Youth Guard in Salim's area.
3. Is Salim comfortable with the teaching of the Domain?
(a) He wonders where they stand on the arabs in Africa.
(b) He thinks the teaching there is too conservative.
(c) He wishes the Domain would offer jobs instead of lectures.
(d) He wonders if they are fooling themselves by ignoring the difference between Old and New Africa.
4. What suggestion does a guest of Raymond's make to him?
(a) That he write a biography of the President
(b) That he apply for work in America
(c) That he apply for work with the UN
(d) That he go apologize to the President
5. What does Salim remember as being outside his hometown?
(a) Army barracks
(b) A large cemetery
(c) Dense jungles
(d) Slave stockades
Short Answer Questions
1. What amazes Salim about Raymond?
2. How are the east coast slaves different from those taken on the west coast of Africa?
3. Why was the wooden ice cream spoon venture foolish?
4. How does Ferdinand react to the army coming to town?
5. What does Salim learn from listening to the BBC?
This section contains 398 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)