|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
(a) He sends mercenaries who shoot two of the army officers.
(b) He conscripts the villagers into his own army.
(c) He calls in United Nations peace keepers.
(d) He moves his capital to the town.
2. Who does Salim think about who had been driven on foot along the same road he travels?
(a) Captured Europeans
(b) Prisoners who built the road
(c) African slaves
(d) Arab settlers being forced out
3. What is Indar's comment about Africa?
(a) Africa is too tribal to ever form stable governments.
(b) Indar says that Africa is full of refugees who are also first generation intellectuals.
(c) Africa is two thousand years behind the times.
(d) Native Africans are less intelligent than the Europeans.
4. What does Father Huismans do almost immediately after the threat of war is over?
(a) He organizes a village relief effort.
(b) He closes the lycee.
(c) He makes another trip to the bush.
(d) He calls for a day of prayer.
5. What do Salim and Yvette enjoy at the restaurant?
(a) The paintings on the wall
(b) The friendly staff
(c) The rich desserts
(d) The air conditioning and the wine
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the "Cult of Madonna?"
2. What amazes Salim about Raymond?
3. What does Salim explain to Indar after the lecture?
4. Why is the social setting so different for Salim?
5. In what way is Salim optimistic about the town?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)