|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Salim introduces Indar to Shoba and Mahesh?
(a) They become instant best friends.
(b) They speak French.
(c) They go into business with each other.
(d) They do not get along.
2. What venture does Mahesh undertake that worries Salim?
(a) He makes a contract with the President.
(b) He makes elixers for illnesses.
(c) He opens a taxi service.
(d) He starts trading with the army.
3. What is Indar's moment of insight?
(a) He realizes he must return to his roots to be happy.
(b) He sees he has not marketed himself correctly.
(c) He knows without a doubt that he belongs to himself alone and would surrender his manhood to nobody.
(d) He understands that he was meant to write the African story.
4. What does Indar say his goal is now?
(a) To give the men hope, to give Africa better news about itself, and to start the true African revolution.
(b) To go into politics and run against the President.
(c) To stay on the lecture circuit and make a fortune.
(d) To write the book that Raymond is incapable of writing.
5. Why does Salim think Yvette married the much older Raymond?
(a) She must have thought he was extraordinary.
(b) She must have had an unhappy homelife.
(c) She must have thought he would be rich.
(d) She must have been very lonely.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
2. What does Ferdinand think about Huismans' museum?
3. After lunch, what does Salim imagine about Yvette's house?
4. At the party what does Salim see couples doing?
5. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)