|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Yvette and Raymond cease being invited to the President's functions?
(a) Raymond argues with the President's policies.
(b) Yvette refused to sleep with the President.
(c) Raymond kept talking when the President demanded silence.
(d) The President has no more need for Raymond.
2. At the party what does Salim see couples doing?
(b) Staying apart
3. As the steamer finally leaves, why is Salim happy?
(a) Indar is so happy to be leaving the town.
(b) He no longer has to deal with Ferdinand.
(c) He will have time to spend on his business.
(d) He is standing on the bank with Yvette.
4. What does Indar say about Raymond?
(a) He is the President's white man.
(b) He is never seen at the Domain.
(c) He is the President's brother-in-law.
(d) He is very wise for one so young,
5. How does Salim's Moslem religion differ from pure Arabian religion?
(a) It only requires prayer once a day.
(b) It is a religion of traditions from people who do not read Arabic.
(c) It has traces of Hinduism.
(d) It includes Christian traditions.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
2. Where does Indar take Salim after dinner one evening?
3. In what way is Salim optimistic about the town?
4. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
5. Why does Raymond think it is good that the President's book is so quickly forgotten?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)