|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the rumor Ferdinand spreads in the town?
(a) That Salim is trading on the black market
(b) That Salim is secretly a millionaire
(c) That Salim is sending him to study in America
(d) That Salim is secretly married to Nazruddin's daughter
2. Where does Father Huismans keep his collection of African artifacts?
(a) In his private quarters
(b) In the chapel of the lycee
(c) In an extra dormitory room of the lycee
(d) In the old gun room of the lycee
3. What does Salim learn from Yvette about Raymond's writing?
(a) None of his published books have ever made money.
(b) He cannot write in the day time.
(c) He is losing his eyesight so he wants to write as long as he can.
(d) He has never published a book.
4. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
(a) They are looking for jobs.
(b) They want him to send them to America to study.
(c) The want Salim to take Ferdinand out of their school.
(d) They try to buy Salim's car.
5. Why do people like to go to the Bigburger?
(a) Mahesh has young girls working there.
(b) There is no place else to go.
(c) They develop a taste for French fried potatoes.
(d) To get inside an air conditioned building where they do not smell the garbage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What African artifacts interest Father Huismans the most?
2. What does Indar say about Raymond?
3. Why is Ferdinand leaving the Domain?
4. What does Raymond say he is working on just before he returns to his study?
5. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)