|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
2. Fearful of the growth of the town, what happens among the villagers?
(a) The villagers dislike the increased population but do not return to the villages.
(b) They begin to fear it and talk of destroying it rises again.
(c) The villagers see an opportunity for business.
(d) They are pushed further and further into the outskirts.
3. How does Mahesh finally make it big?
(a) He opens a Bigburger franchise.
(b) He starts a pawn shop.
(c) He finds a gold mine.
(d) He takes over the lycee after Father Huismans' death.
4. What does the President do at a ruined suburb?
(a) He builds a shoe factory.
(b) He builds a large complex.
(c) He builds a new barracks for his army.
(d) He levels it and makes a park.
5. Who is the hostess Salim meets at the party?
(b) Zabeth's sister
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Huismans think about the future of Africa?
2. What accompanies Salim's paperwork when he goes to get a consignment from customs?
3. What does Father Huismans do almost immediately after the threat of war is over?
4. What was wrong with Mahesh's engraving machine that makes signs?
5. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)