|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Salim think about who had been driven on foot along the same road he travels?
(a) African slaves
(b) Prisoners who built the road
(c) Arab settlers being forced out
(d) Captured Europeans
2. Where has Salim come from as the story opens?
(a) South Africa
(b) The east coast of Africa
(c) The Sudan
3. What is Raymond's connection to the President?
(a) He is the brother of the President's white wife.
(b) He tutored him when he was a boy.
(c) He taught the President in the university in London.
(d) He was a close friend of the Presiden't father.
4. Is Salim comfortable with the teaching of the Domain?
(a) He thinks the teaching there is too conservative.
(b) He wonders where they stand on the arabs in Africa.
(c) He wishes the Domain would offer jobs instead of lectures.
(d) He wonders if they are fooling themselves by ignoring the difference between Old and New Africa.
5. How does Salim's Moslem religion differ from pure Arabian religion?
(a) It is a religion of traditions from people who do not read Arabic.
(b) It includes Christian traditions.
(c) It only requires prayer once a day.
(d) It has traces of Hinduism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim remember as being outside his hometown?
2. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
3. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
4. Who is Salim's first customer?
5. What was wrong with Mahesh's engraving machine that makes signs?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)