|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Ferdinand's reaction when Salim wants him to take a book back to the lycee?
(a) He wants to read the book first.
(b) He gets angry and refuses to do it.
(c) He says it isn't his job.
(d) He throws the book in the river.
2. What is Ferdinand's dilemma?
(a) He hates Salim but his mother won't let him change guardians.
(b) He wants to progress but he does not like to study.
(c) He wants to live in the village but he also wants to study.
(d) He wants more security than with his parents but the town is insecure too.
3. What does Salim remember as being outside his hometown?
(a) Army barracks
(b) Slave stockades
(c) Dense jungles
(d) A large cemetery
4. At the party what does Salim see couples doing?
(a) Staying apart
5. Why does Salim buy the store from Nazruddin?
(a) For a chance to study
(b) To get away from persecution
(c) To break away from his family
(d) To do Nazruddin a favor
Short Answer Questions
1. On his trip to the central part of Africa, who stops Salim often for money or supplies?
2. What do the villagers do that becomes a threat to the town?
3. What does Indar lecture about when Salim attends his class?
4. How does Salim find the town when he arrives?
5. What condition is the town in after the squatters settle?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)