|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
(a) Salim knows business but the Father cannot administer the school
(b) Father Huismans is an optimist but Salim is pessimistic.
(c) Salim likes women but Huismans prefers boys
(d) Father Huismans is young but Salim is old
2. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
(a) They try to buy Salim's car.
(b) They are looking for jobs.
(c) The want Salim to take Ferdinand out of their school.
(d) They want him to send them to America to study.
3. How does Ferdinand react to the army coming to town?
(a) He wants to join the army.
(b) He wants to write a book about the villagers.
(c) He is fearful and wants to return to his village.
(d) He wants to form an opposition force.
4. What does Father Huismans think about the future of Africa?
(a) That it will soon return to its primative ways
(b) That it will never progress
(c) That it will become united into one continental country
(d) That modern civilization is coming
5. Who is Salim's first customer?
Short Answer Questions
1. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
2. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
3. How does Father Huismans see himself?
4. Is Salim comfortable with the teaching of the Domain?
5. What is Ferdinand's reaction when Salim wants him to take a book back to the lycee?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)