|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What behavior does Ferdinand go through after coming to the lycee?
(a) He becomes an African militant.
(b) He becomes sullen and tries to run away.
(c) He decides to get close to Salim.
(d) He tries out different personalities.
2. What is Ferdinand's dilemma?
(a) He wants to live in the village but he also wants to study.
(b) He wants to progress but he does not like to study.
(c) He hates Salim but his mother won't let him change guardians.
(d) He wants more security than with his parents but the town is insecure too.
3. What does Salim remember as being outside his hometown?
(a) A large cemetery
(b) Slave stockades
(c) Dense jungles
(d) Army barracks
4. What comes down the river in a dugout?
(a) The mutilated body of Father Huismans with a severed head.
(b) Food and supplies for the lycee.
(c) Barges of rusty military equipment.
(d) Father Huismans arranges for a shipment of masks.
5. What does Salim think when he is shown the collection of African masks?
(a) That he has no interest in such things
(b) That the masks are dangerous
(c) That it represents Zabeth's world
(d) That Father Huismans is insane
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
3. Why does the Belgium not eat the food in the lycee dining room?
4. Who does Salim go to see at the lycee?
5. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)