|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
(a) A group of new European teachers
(b) A place where the roof has fallen in
(c) Father Huismans beating a student
(d) An African mask Father Huismans got on his last trip
2. How does Father Huismans see himself?
(a) As a prophet of doom for Africa
(b) As a European who became African
(c) As the last lucky observer of the old Africa
(d) As a chronicler of African history
3. How does Salim envision the young African boys?
(a) As a repeat of the mpast African mistakes
(b) As the future of a much more stable Africa
(c) As both pround and ashamed of their country
(d) As hopeless boys who cannot be educated
4. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
(a) Father Huismans is young but Salim is old
(b) Father Huismans is an optimist but Salim is pessimistic.
(c) Salim knows business but the Father cannot administer the school
(d) Salim likes women but Huismans prefers boys
5. Who does Salim think about who had been driven on foot along the same road he travels?
(a) Prisoners who built the road
(b) Captured Europeans
(c) African slaves
(d) Arab settlers being forced out
Short Answer Questions
1. What begins happening to the town as the area becomes more peaceful?
2. What request does Ferdinand make of Salim?
3. What is Salim's ethnic background?
4. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
5. What does Salim see as the contradiction in Father Huismans?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)