|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the President do at a ruined suburb?
(a) He builds a new barracks for his army.
(b) He builds a large complex.
(c) He levels it and makes a park.
(d) He builds a shoe factory.
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What venture does Mahesh undertake that worries Salim?
(a) He opens a taxi service.
(b) He makes a contract with the President.
(c) He starts trading with the army.
(d) He makes elixers for illnesses.
4. Where does Father Huismans keep his collection of African artifacts?
(a) In the old gun room of the lycee
(b) In his private quarters
(c) In the chapel of the lycee
(d) In an extra dormitory room of the lycee
5. After Father Huismans' death, what prediction of his comes about?
(a) The lycee falls to the ground.
(b) The town becomes a thriving settlement.
(c) The river rises and flood the town.
(d) The school gets a grant from the government.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ends the budding war?
2. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
3. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
4. What does Zabeth want Salim to do?
5. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)