|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Father Huismans when Salim calls on him?
(a) On one of his trips into the bush
(b) Outside playing football with the boys
(c) Up on the roof, repairing some damage
(d) In the room where he keeps his collection of masks.
2. Why does the Belgium not eat the food in the lycee dining room?
(a) He thinks they are serving dog meat.
(b) He is repulsed by seeing African boys eating caterpillars.
(c) He can only eat vegetables.
(d) His stomach won't tolerate the African food.
3. What does Zabeth represent to Salim?
(b) Authentic Africa
(c) Back woods ignorance
(d) Only a chance to make money from her
4. What is Salim's ethnic background?
(a) His family from northwest India is considered Arab.
(b) His family came from the Arabian penninsula.
(c) Salim is half Arab and half European.
(d) He is Arab with African blood from his grandmother.
5. What does Salim learn from listening to the BBC?
(a) That the Arabs on the east coast have migrated to Egypt
(b) That an earthquake destroyed his hometown
(c) That Africans have attacked Arabs on the eastern coast
(d) That a tsunami has struck the east coast
Short Answer Questions
1. From where does the name Metty come?
2. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
3. How does Salim find the town when he arrives?
4. What request does Ferdinand make of Salim?
5. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)