|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the narrator of the story?
2. What is Ferdinand's reaction when Salim wants him to take a book back to the lycee?
(a) He says it isn't his job.
(b) He throws the book in the river.
(c) He wants to read the book first.
(d) He gets angry and refuses to do it.
3. Who sold him the store he is going to run?
4. What does Salim learn about Zabeth's family?
(a) That she keeps her children hidden in the jungle
(b) That her family was killed in the revolution
(c) That she is related by blood to everyone in her village
(d) That she has a fifteen or sixteen-year-old son
5. What request does Ferdinand make of Salim?
(a) He asks Salim to let him work in the store and quit school.
(b) He asks Salim to find him a wife.
(c) He asks Salim to send him to school in America.
(d) He asks Salim to buy him a car.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
2. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
3. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
4. On his trip to the central part of Africa, who stops Salim often for money or supplies?
5. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)