|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On his trip to the central part of Africa, who stops Salim often for money or supplies?
(a) Tribal leaders
(c) Men with guns
(d) People wanting to escape
2. What is the rumor Ferdinand spreads in the town?
(a) That Salim is secretly a millionaire
(b) That Salim is trading on the black market
(c) That Salim is sending him to study in America
(d) That Salim is secretly married to Nazruddin's daughter
3. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
4. What is Ferdinand's reaction when Salim wants him to take a book back to the lycee?
(a) He gets angry and refuses to do it.
(b) He throws the book in the river.
(c) He wants to read the book first.
(d) He says it isn't his job.
5. What behavior does Ferdinand go through after coming to the lycee?
(a) He tries out different personalities.
(b) He becomes an African militant.
(c) He becomes sullen and tries to run away.
(d) He decides to get close to Salim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contraband does one boy leave at Salim's shop?
2. Why is there no history of the Arabs in the country on the east coast of Africa?
3. How does Salim find the town when he arrives?
4. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
5. Who sold him the store he is going to run?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)