|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
(a) He was able to get government support.
(b) It was willed to him by an uncle.
(c) The owner sold it cheaply after the revolution.
(d) He had started the store himself.
2. What behavior does Ferdinand go through after coming to the lycee?
(a) He becomes an African militant.
(b) He becomes sullen and tries to run away.
(c) He tries out different personalities.
(d) He decides to get close to Salim.
3. What is Ferdinand's dilemma?
(a) He wants to live in the village but he also wants to study.
(b) He wants to progress but he does not like to study.
(c) He wants more security than with his parents but the town is insecure too.
(d) He hates Salim but his mother won't let him change guardians.
4. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
(a) A library
(b) A government office
(c) A hotel
(d) An army barracks
5. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
(a) From the time Salim was born
(b) Three generations
(c) Over one hundred years
(d) Five years
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Zabeth have a strange odor about her person?
2. What does Zabeth want Salim to do?
3. Who is the narrator of the story?
4. What does Salim remember as being outside his hometown?
5. Who sold him the store he is going to run?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)