|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salim have in his desk drawer?
(a) Money to make a fast getaway
(b) Rayond's articles
(c) Photos of Yvette
(d) His last will and testament
2. Why does Zabeth have a strange odor about her person?
(a) She uses it to keep people away for her protection.
(b) It is a trait of her village tribe.
(c) She runs a slaughterhouse in the village.
(d) She has been without soap until Salim reopens the shop.
3. Why do people like to go to the Bigburger?
(a) To get inside an air conditioned building where they do not smell the garbage.
(b) They develop a taste for French fried potatoes.
(c) There is no place else to go.
(d) Mahesh has young girls working there.
4. What request does Ferdinand make of Salim?
(a) He asks Salim to let him work in the store and quit school.
(b) He asks Salim to buy him a car.
(c) He asks Salim to send him to school in America.
(d) He asks Salim to find him a wife.
5. Who sold him the store he is going to run?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was Indar turned down at the Indian High Commission?
2. How does the purser on the steamer show that he does not respect the President?
3. From where does the name Metty come?
4. In what way is Raymond like Salim's family?
5. How does Salim find the town when he arrives?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)