|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the slave that Salim's family sends to stay with him?
2. What does Indar say about Africans abroad?
(a) They are too shy to mix with the Europeans.
(b) They see everything but make no effort to change anything.
(c) They are like sheep without a shepherd.
(d) They never think about Africa again.
3. What is Indar's comment about Africa?
(a) Africa is too tribal to ever form stable governments.
(b) Native Africans are less intelligent than the Europeans.
(c) Indar says that Africa is full of refugees who are also first generation intellectuals.
(d) Africa is two thousand years behind the times.
4. What does Salim notice every time he sees Yvette?
(a) She is never wearing the same dress.
(b) She looks tired.
(c) She always has a different hairstyle.
(d) She is always with Indar.
5. How does Salim's Moslem religion differ from pure Arabian religion?
(a) It includes Christian traditions.
(b) It only requires prayer once a day.
(c) It is a religion of traditions from people who do not read Arabic.
(d) It has traces of Hinduism.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim think when he is shown the collection of African masks?
2. In the light of day, how does Salim see Yvette's and Raymond's house?
3. What does Father Huismans do almost immediately after the threat of war is over?
4. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
5. Where does Father Huismans keep his collection of African artifacts?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)