|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
(a) An army barracks
(b) A library
(c) A hotel
(d) A government office
2. What is Ferdinand's question at Indar's lecture?
(a) He asks whether a New Africa could include old African religion.
(b) He asks how it could be possible to have a New Africa.
(c) He asks if the New Africa will be a democracy.
(d) He asks if the New Africa will be united across the continent.
3. What is Salim's ethnic background?
(a) His family came from the Arabian penninsula.
(b) His family from northwest India is considered Arab.
(c) He is Arab with African blood from his grandmother.
(d) Salim is half Arab and half European.
4. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
(a) He moves his capital to the town.
(b) He calls in United Nations peace keepers.
(c) He sends mercenaries who shoot two of the army officers.
(d) He conscripts the villagers into his own army.
5. Who is the narrator of the story?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
2. How does Salim reply to Nazruddin?
3. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
4. What is Indar's comment about Africa?
5. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)