|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Salim go on his first airplane flight?
(c) The Capital
2. What news does Salim get from Uganda?
(a) Nazruddin sends Salim a letter telling him that things are not going well.
(b) Uganda wins a United Nations recognition of excellence.
(c) The BBC reports wide spread unrest.
(d) Nazruddin writes that his business is flourishing.
3. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
(a) Five years
(b) Over one hundred years
(c) From the time Salim was born
(d) Three generations
4. What did one of Indar's lecturers suggest for him?
(a) That he become a diplomat
(b) That he start his own business in Africa
(c) That he become a public speaker
(d) That he take another degree
5. What is Indar's complaint about getting a ticket on the steamer?
(a) His travel agent wanted a bribe to get his ticket.
(b) The ticket is only on standby.
(c) He is overcharged because he is not African.
(d) There were rules, locked doors, and an endless checking of papers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Shoba fearful?
2. Who is the narrator of the story?
3. What does Zabeth represent to Salim?
4. What condition is the town in after the squatters settle?
5. What is Ferdinand's reaction when Salim wants him to take a book back to the lycee?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)