|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Salim buy the store from Nazruddin?
(a) For a chance to study
(b) To break away from his family
(c) To get away from persecution
(d) To do Nazruddin a favor
2. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
(a) An African mask Father Huismans got on his last trip
(b) Father Huismans beating a student
(c) A group of new European teachers
(d) A place where the roof has fallen in
3. What venture does Mahesh undertake that worries Salim?
(a) He makes elixers for illnesses.
(b) He starts trading with the army.
(c) He makes a contract with the President.
(d) He opens a taxi service.
4. What does Salim learn from Yvette about Raymond's writing?
(a) None of his published books have ever made money.
(b) He is losing his eyesight so he wants to write as long as he can.
(c) He cannot write in the day time.
(d) He has never published a book.
5. What does Raymond suggest is one of the President's greatest powers?
(a) Looking far into the future
(b) Getting rid of his opposition
(c) Knowing when to pull back
(d) Knowing who is real friends are
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do people like to go to the Bigburger?
2. What emotion goes through Salim now when he sees or thinks about Ferdinand?
3. How are the east coast slaves different from those taken on the west coast of Africa?
4. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
5. Why does the Belgium not eat the food in the lycee dining room?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)