|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Zabeth want Salim to do?
(a) Be Ferdinand's guardian while he studies at the lycee
(b) Marry her and be a father to Ferdinand
(c) Teach Ferdinand the shop business
(d) Take Ferdinand as a shop slave
2. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
(a) He sends mercenaries who shoot two of the army officers.
(b) He conscripts the villagers into his own army.
(c) He moves his capital to the town.
(d) He calls in United Nations peace keepers.
3. Why does the Belgium not eat the food in the lycee dining room?
(a) His stomach won't tolerate the African food.
(b) He thinks they are serving dog meat.
(c) He can only eat vegetables.
(d) He is repulsed by seeing African boys eating caterpillars.
4. What is the social occasion between Salim, Shoba, and Mahesh?
(a) A concert
(b) A dinner
(c) A church service
(d) A party
5. What request does Ferdinand make of Salim?
(a) He asks Salim to find him a wife.
(b) He asks Salim to buy him a car.
(c) He asks Salim to send him to school in America.
(d) He asks Salim to let him work in the store and quit school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Salim's ethnic background?
2. What does Salim see as the contradiction in Father Huismans?
3. Why did the slaves on the east coast not desire freedom?
4. What does Salim learn from listening to the BBC?
5. Why do other boys from the lycee come to see Salim?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)