|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Salim learn about Zabeth's family?
(a) That she is related by blood to everyone in her village
(b) That she keeps her children hidden in the jungle
(c) That her family was killed in the revolution
(d) That she has a fifteen or sixteen-year-old son
2. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
3. What is Ferdinand's dilemma?
(a) He wants to progress but he does not like to study.
(b) He wants more security than with his parents but the town is insecure too.
(c) He wants to live in the village but he also wants to study.
(d) He hates Salim but his mother won't let him change guardians.
4. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
(a) A government office
(b) A hotel
(c) An army barracks
(d) A library
5. Moving deeper into Africa, what crosses Salim's mind?
(a) He questions whether he knows how to run a store.
(b) He fears he did not bring enough supplies.
(c) He debates turning around and going back to the coast.
(d) He wonders if he had made a mistake.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Father Huismans think about the future of Africa?
2. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
3. Why is Shoba fearful?
4. Why does Zabeth have a strange odor about her person?
5. Why is the Belgian clerk upset?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)