|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1, Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Father Huismans see himself?
(a) As a prophet of doom for Africa
(b) As a European who became African
(c) As a chronicler of African history
(d) As the last lucky observer of the old Africa
2. Who is Salim's childhood friend who is going to England to study?
3. The palace once built by a businessman in town is now serving what purpose?
(a) A hotel
(b) An army barracks
(c) A government office
(d) A library
4. How had Nazruddin come into possession of the store?
(a) He had started the store himself.
(b) It was willed to him by an uncle.
(c) The owner sold it cheaply after the revolution.
(d) He was able to get government support.
5. On his trip to the central part of Africa, who stops Salim often for money or supplies?
(b) People wanting to escape
(c) Men with guns
(d) Tribal leaders
Short Answer Questions
1. What contraband does one boy leave at Salim's shop?
2. Why does Zabeth have a strange odor about her person?
3. Why had the town been destroyed during the war?
4. How are the east coast slaves different from those taken on the west coast of Africa?
5. What is the rumor Ferdinand spreads in the town?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)