|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As the steamer finally leaves, why is Salim happy?
(a) Indar is so happy to be leaving the town.
(b) He will have time to spend on his business.
(c) He no longer has to deal with Ferdinand.
(d) He is standing on the bank with Yvette.
2. What does Salim think when he is shown the collection of African masks?
(a) That the masks are dangerous
(b) That it represents Zabeth's world
(c) That Father Huismans is insane
(d) That he has no interest in such things
3. Where is Father Huismans when Salim calls on him?
(a) Outside playing football with the boys
(b) On one of his trips into the bush
(c) In the room where he keeps his collection of masks.
(d) Up on the roof, repairing some damage
4. Why did the slaves on the east coast not desire freedom?
(a) They had never known anything else.
(b) They were paid wages for their work.
(c) They became part of the family that owned them.
(d) They had no place to go.
5. What do the townspeople speculate about the new complex?
(a) That it will be a munitions factory.
(b) That it will be a large hospital.
(c) That it will be a model farm and agriculture school.
(d) That it will be the President's winter palace.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
2. What does the President do at a ruined suburb?
3. After Father Huismans' death, what prediction of his comes about?
4. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
5. Who is the slave that Salim's family sends to stay with him?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)