|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the social setting so different for Salim?
(a) He has never been to a party before.
(b) His only association with women has been in the brothels.
(c) As an Arab Muslim, he has never attended a party with mixed sexes.
(d) People are dancing but he does not know how.
2. What does Salim say that he and all the guests at the party were doing?
(a) Trying to understand the Joan Baez songs
(b) Bragging about their own accomplishments
(c) Having glum thoughts about the world
(d) Pretending to be safe
3. What is the clear difference between Salim and Father Huismans, aside from religion?
(a) Father Huismans is young but Salim is old
(b) Father Huismans is an optimist but Salim is pessimistic.
(c) Salim likes women but Huismans prefers boys
(d) Salim knows business but the Father cannot administer the school
4. What does Salim remember as being outside his hometown?
(a) Dense jungles
(b) A large cemetery
(c) Army barracks
(d) Slave stockades
5. Where is Father Huismans when Salim calls on him?
(a) On one of his trips into the bush
(b) Outside playing football with the boys
(c) In the room where he keeps his collection of masks.
(d) Up on the roof, repairing some damage
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Indar's problem with Shoba and Mahesh?
2. Why did the slaves on the east coast not desire freedom?
3. When Salim finally meets with Father Huismans, what does he see?
4. What is Indar's complaint about getting a ticket on the steamer?
5. Where does Father Huismans keep his collection of African artifacts?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)