|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How has Salim's attitude about Indar changed?
(a) He used to like talking with Indar, now he avoids him.
(b) He used to envy Indar's style, now he thinks Indar is tasteless.
(c) He used to envy Indar, now he feels protective of him.
(d) He used to like Indar, now he mistrusts him.
2. How are the east coast slaves different from those taken on the west coast of Africa?
(a) The east coast slaves were much smaller people.
(b) The east coast slaves were born into slavery.
(c) The east coast slaves were not African.
(d) The east coast slaves were not sent to America.
3. What condition is the town in after the squatters settle?
(a) The town spreads out in all directions.
(b) They buy out all the stores and business booms.
(c) They throw their garbage out and the town begins to stink.
(d) The town opens a new opera house.
4. Why is there no history of the Arabs in the country on the east coast of Africa?
(a) All their records were destroyed in the revolution.
(b) The people were illiterate.
(c) They never wrote anything down.
(d) The Arabs thought histories are unimportant.
5. How long had two slave families been with Salim's family?
(a) Over one hundred years
(b) Five years
(c) Three generations
(d) From the time Salim was born
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mahesh finally make it big?
2. What does Indar say about Raymond?
3. Who are the main customers at Bigburger?
4. Who is the hostess Salim meets at the party?
5. What do the townspeople speculate about the new complex?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)