|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Indar's problem with Shoba and Mahesh?
(a) He thinks they are too uneducated.
(b) He thinks they are too high class.
(c) He thinks they do not appreciate his value.
(d) He thinks they want money from him.
2. What does the President do at a ruined suburb?
(a) He builds a shoe factory.
(b) He levels it and makes a park.
(c) He builds a large complex.
(d) He builds a new barracks for his army.
3. Why is Ferdinand leaving the Domain?
(a) Ferdinand is going back to live with Zabeth.
(b) Ferdinand is leaving for a cadetship at the capital.
(c) Ferdinand has an incurable illness.
(d) Ferdinand has flunked out.
4. From where does the name Metty come?
(a) From a French word, mestise, which means of mixed race
(b) From a corruption of the English word, middle
(c) From a Portuguese word meaning metal
(d) From a story about Methuselah, the oldest man
5. Where does Indar take Salim after dinner one evening?
(a) To a party
(b) To the movies
(c) To a parade of cadets
(d) To his apartment in the Domain
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Salim say that he and all the guests at the party were doing?
2. Why is the social setting so different for Salim?
3. Where is Father Huismans when Salim calls on him?
4. Why is there no history of the Arabs in the country on the east coast of Africa?
5. What happens when Salim introduces Indar to Shoba and Mahesh?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)