|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 2, Chapter 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Raymond say he is working on just before he returns to his study?
(a) A biography of the President
(b) A translation of the Bible
(c) A new constitution for the country
(d) The first historical narrative of Africa
2. What is Raymond's connection to the President?
(a) He tutored him when he was a boy.
(b) He was a close friend of the Presiden't father.
(c) He is the brother of the President's white wife.
(d) He taught the President in the university in London.
3. Why is Ferdinand leaving the Domain?
(a) Ferdinand is leaving for a cadetship at the capital.
(b) Ferdinand has an incurable illness.
(c) Ferdinand has flunked out.
(d) Ferdinand is going back to live with Zabeth.
4. What does Salim learn from listening to the BBC?
(a) That the Arabs on the east coast have migrated to Egypt
(b) That a tsunami has struck the east coast
(c) That an earthquake destroyed his hometown
(d) That Africans have attacked Arabs on the eastern coast
5. Why was the wooden ice cream spoon venture foolish?
(a) There was no ice cream.
(b) The spoons were to flimsy.
(c) The finished products were too expensive.
(d) People preferred ice cream cones.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mahesh finally make it big?
2. Why does Indar show up at the steamer?
3. From where does the name Metty come?
4. Why do people like to go to the Bigburger?
5. What does Salim observe about Raymond when he joins the party?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)