|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Shoba fearful?
(a) Mahesh may be conscripted into the army.
(b) Her brothers had vowed to throw acid in her face and kill Mahesh.
(c) She cannot sleep at night for fear of burglars.
(d) Mahesh has been spending a lot of time with a woman.
2. What does Indar say he actually learned at the University.
(a) That his education was profitable for him
(b) That he learned nothing
(c) That he learned how to live successfully in the world
(d) That he learned enough to get a good job
3. Where does a friend of Indar's take him?
(a) To a job fair where he can get many interviews
(b) To a reception for the President who is visiting London
(c) To Paris where there is less racism
(d) To meet an American who is interested in helping Africa
4. What does Ferdinand think about Huismans' museum?
(a) Europeans will not want to see it.
(b) We have masks in our homes, we do not need a museum.
(c) People should not pay to see African artifacts in Africa.
(d) This will preserve our African culture.
5. What news does Salim get from Uganda?
(a) Uganda wins a United Nations recognition of excellence.
(b) Nazruddin writes that his business is flourishing.
(c) The BBC reports wide spread unrest.
(d) Nazruddin sends Salim a letter telling him that things are not going well.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising action does the President take for the town?
2. What happened when Indar began applying for jobs?
3. What do the villagers do that becomes a threat to the town?
4. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
5. What does Indar tell Salim about his arrival in London?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)