|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprising action does the President take for the town?
(a) He is disbanding the Youth Guard in Salim's area.
(b) He plans to completely renovate the town.
(c) He declares martial law in the town.
(d) He waives taxes for the town.
2. What comes down the river in a dugout?
(a) Barges of rusty military equipment.
(b) The mutilated body of Father Huismans with a severed head.
(c) Father Huismans arranges for a shipment of masks.
(d) Food and supplies for the lycee.
3. Where is Nazruddin thinking of moving his family?
(a) The USA
4. What does Indar say he actually learned at the University.
(a) That his education was profitable for him
(b) That he learned nothing
(c) That he learned how to live successfully in the world
(d) That he learned enough to get a good job
5. What does Indar say his goal is now?
(a) To give the men hope, to give Africa better news about itself, and to start the true African revolution.
(b) To go into politics and run against the President.
(c) To stay on the lecture circuit and make a fortune.
(d) To write the book that Raymond is incapable of writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mahesh's behavior while Shoba is gone?
2. What word does Indar say kept his spirits high when he first arrived in London?
3. Why had the town been destroyed during the war?
4. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
5. How does Ferdinand react to the army coming to town?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)