|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Mahesh's behavior while Shoba is gone?
(a) He visits the brothels daily.
(b) He acts like a grieving son-in-law.
(c) He never comes out of his house.
(d) He tries to seduce Yvette.
2. What is Indar's moment of insight?
(a) He realizes he must return to his roots to be happy.
(b) He understands that he was meant to write the African story.
(c) He knows without a doubt that he belongs to himself alone and would surrender his manhood to nobody.
(d) He sees he has not marketed himself correctly.
3. What is so surprising about Shoba going to her country when her father dies?
(a) She claims to fear her brothers.
(b) She said earlier that her father died years ago.
(c) She had enough money for the ticket.
(d) She refuses to allow Mahesh to go with her.
4. Why was Indar turned down at the Indian High Commission?
(a) He is too young.
(b) He is not a citizen of India.
(c) He is not a Hindu.
(d) He does not speak Hindi.
5. What does Indar say his goal is now?
(a) To stay on the lecture circuit and make a fortune.
(b) To go into politics and run against the President.
(c) To give the men hope, to give Africa better news about itself, and to start the true African revolution.
(d) To write the book that Raymond is incapable of writing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the villagers do that becomes a threat to the town?
2. What word does Indar say kept his spirits high when he first arrived in London?
3. Where does a friend of Indar's take him?
4. Why had the town been destroyed during the war?
5. What upsets Indar when he sees the fake Hindu decorations at the Indian High Commission?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)