|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Indar say kept his spirits high when he first arrived in London?
(a) "University" seemed like a magic word, and Indar thought a magic life awaited him.
(b) "Opportunity" was Indar's magic word in London.
(c) "Education" was the word that meant the most to him.
(d) "Career" was the magic word that drove him to study hard.
2. What begins happening to the town as the area becomes more peaceful?
(a) Villagers no longer visit the town.
(b) There is a flood and the town is all but wiped out.
(c) The townspeople begin cleaning up the town.
(d) Villagers return and many of them stay.
3. What is Indar's moment of insight?
(a) He realizes he must return to his roots to be happy.
(b) He understands that he was meant to write the African story.
(c) He knows without a doubt that he belongs to himself alone and would surrender his manhood to nobody.
(d) He sees he has not marketed himself correctly.
4. How does the President manage the war in the town and surrounding area?
(a) He conscripts the villagers into his own army.
(b) He calls in United Nations peace keepers.
(c) He sends mercenaries who shoot two of the army officers.
(d) He moves his capital to the town.
5. What does Shoba do when she returns?
(a) She announces that she is pregnant.
(b) She refuses to speak to Mahesh.
(c) She goes into isolation.
(d) She opens a beauty salon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What surprising action does the President take for the town?
2. What news does Salim get from Uganda?
3. What signals the end of the town's boom?
4. What does Indar tell Salim about his arrival in London?
5. How have Salim's ideas shifted since his affair with Yvette?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)