|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3, Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What begins happening to the town as the area becomes more peaceful?
(a) Villagers no longer visit the town.
(b) The townspeople begin cleaning up the town.
(c) There is a flood and the town is all but wiped out.
(d) Villagers return and many of them stay.
2. What is Indar's moment of insight?
(a) He knows without a doubt that he belongs to himself alone and would surrender his manhood to nobody.
(b) He realizes he must return to his roots to be happy.
(c) He understands that he was meant to write the African story.
(d) He sees he has not marketed himself correctly.
3. What happened when Indar began applying for jobs?
(a) He had to learn how to write a resume
(b) He had no luck.
(c) He was not offered enough money.
(d) He was given several offers.
4. Fearful of the growth of the town, what happens among the villagers?
(a) The villagers see an opportunity for business.
(b) They are pushed further and further into the outskirts.
(c) The villagers dislike the increased population but do not return to the villages.
(d) They begin to fear it and talk of destroying it rises again.
5. What word does Indar say kept his spirits high when he first arrived in London?
(a) "University" seemed like a magic word, and Indar thought a magic life awaited him.
(b) "Career" was the magic word that drove him to study hard.
(c) "Education" was the word that meant the most to him.
(d) "Opportunity" was Indar's magic word in London.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Salim see Mahesh as half a man?
2. What did one of Indar's lecturers suggest for him?
3. What does Indar tell Salim about his arrival in London?
4. What does Ferdinand think about Huismans' museum?
5. What upsets Indar when he sees the fake Hindu decorations at the Indian High Commission?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)