|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
2. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
3. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
4. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
5. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
Essay Topic 1
Describe Albert Einstein and his position and work at Princeton during the late 1940s. What notoriety had Einstein achieved by this point in history? Also discuss John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s first year at Princeton. How was Nash perceived by the faculty at the university? What was Nash's meeting with Einstein like?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Nash's arrival at MIT, Norbert Weiner, Norman Levinson, and Donald Newman. What was the focus of Nash's research upon his arrival at MIT? How did Nash evolve as a person during this time period?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nash's second summer at RAND and the setting of Santa Monica. Who traveled to California with Nash? What research did Nash conduct at the RAND Corporation during his second summer there? What relationship did Nash have with John Milnor?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)