|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
2. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
3. On what date did Nash and Alicia arrive in London in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
5. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Second Red Scare, Senator Joseph McCarthy, HUAC, and the Nash-Moser Theorem. How did McCarthyism affect the faculty at MIT? What were Nash's impressions of McCarthyism? How is the Nash-Moser Theorem defined?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss Albert Tucker, Lloyd Shapley and Nash equilibrium. What is the basic premise of Nash equilibrium? What influences did Nash have from his relationships with Albert Tucker and Lloyd Shapley. What was the basis of Nash's rivalry with Shapley?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Eleanor Stier and her relationship with John Forbes Nash, Jr. When and where did Nash meet Eleanor? What was Nash's reaction when Eleanor became pregnant? What relationship did he have with his first son?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)