|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
3. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
4. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
5. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
2. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
3. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
4. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
5. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
6. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
7. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
8. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
9. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
10. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Nash's arrival at MIT, Norbert Weiner, Norman Levinson, and Donald Newman. What was the focus of Nash's research upon his arrival at MIT? How did Nash evolve as a person during this time period?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Eleanor Stier and her relationship with John Forbes Nash, Jr. When and where did Nash meet Eleanor? What was Nash's reaction when Eleanor became pregnant? What relationship did he have with his first son?
Essay Topic 3
Describe Nash's relationship with Paul Cohen in 1958. What was Nash's career like during this year? What relationships did he form with the University of Chicago and Harvard University? Where was Nash working in 1958? Where did he want to work?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)