|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
2. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
3. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
4. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Alicia and what friend rented a house while Nash was hospitalized?
5. When was Alicia Larde born?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
2. What led to John Forbes Nash, Jr. asking Alicia Larde out in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
3. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
4. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
5. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
6. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
7. Where did Nash spend the summer of 1956? What confrontation did he have with his father during this time?
8. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
9. How old was Nash in Chapter Thirty-One? How did he feel about his career at this point?
10. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Albert Tucker, Lloyd Shapley and Nash equilibrium. What is the basic premise of Nash equilibrium? What influences did Nash have from his relationships with Albert Tucker and Lloyd Shapley. What was the basis of Nash's rivalry with Shapley?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Eleanor Stier and her relationship with John Forbes Nash, Jr. When and where did Nash meet Eleanor? What was Nash's reaction when Eleanor became pregnant? What relationship did he have with his first son?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Nash's first institutionalization and his diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. How did Nash's behavior change during this time? What were his colleagues' concerns? How old was Nash when symptoms of mental illness began to surface?
This section contains 914 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)