|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
2. Where did Nash go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
3. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
5. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss Nash's first institutionalization and his diagnosis of paranoid schizophrenia. How did Nash's behavior change during this time? What were his colleagues' concerns? How old was Nash when symptoms of mental illness began to surface?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nash's second summer at RAND and the setting of Santa Monica. Who traveled to California with Nash? What research did Nash conduct at the RAND Corporation during his second summer there? What relationship did Nash have with John Milnor?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Nash's arrival at MIT, Norbert Weiner, Norman Levinson, and Donald Newman. What was the focus of Nash's research upon his arrival at MIT? How did Nash evolve as a person during this time period?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)