Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
2. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
3. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
4. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
5. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
Essay Topic 1
Describe and discuss the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Jürgen Moser. When was the Courant Institute established? What was the basis of Nash's work there? How did Nash feel about his career in Chapters Thirty and Thirty-One? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Describe Nash's relationship with Paul Cohen in 1958. What was Nash's career like during this year? What relationships did he form with the University of Chicago and Harvard University? Where was Nash working in 1958? Where did he want to work?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Alicia Larde and the beginning of her relationship with Nash. How old was Alicia when she began dating Nash? How old was he? What attracted Alicia to Nash? How did he feel about her? What was Alicia's reaction to meeting Eleanor?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)