Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
2. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
3. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
4. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
5. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
Describe and discuss Riemann's Hypothesis and nonlinear theory. What was Nash warned regarding Reimann's Hypothesis? What paper did Nash present at the World Congress of Mathematics? What was hypothesized in the paper? How was it received?
Define and discuss game theory and the game Kriegspiel. When and where was Kriegspiel developed? What was the role of games within the mathematics department at Princeton? What was significant about the game developed by John Forbes Nash, Jr.?
Describe and discuss the Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences and Jürgen Moser. When was the Courant Institute established? What was the basis of Nash's work there? How did Nash feel about his career in Chapters Thirty and Thirty-One? Why?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)