|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
2. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
3. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
4. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
5. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
2. How old was Nash in Chapter Thirty-One? How did he feel about his career at this point?
3. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
4. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
5. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
6. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
7. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
8. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
9. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
10. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe Nash's relationship with Jack Bricker and his arrest in Santa Monica. What work did Nash do with Bricker? Also discuss the theme of homosexuality in the book. Has Nash ever discussed his relationships with men? How was the book received by Nash in this regard?
Essay Topic 2
Describe and discuss the RAND Corporation and the Cold War. Who was America's rival in the Cold War? What defense measures were taken at this time? What military work was done by the RAND Corporation? What work does RAND do today? How has the company evolved?
Essay Topic 3
Describe and discuss Alicia Larde and the beginning of her relationship with Nash. How old was Alicia when she began dating Nash? How old was he? What attracted Alicia to Nash? How did he feel about her? What was Alicia's reaction to meeting Eleanor?
This section contains 905 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)