|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. When was Peter Sarnak born?
3. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
4. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) A semester.
5. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
2. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
3. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
4. Nash received an honorary degree, Doctor of Science and Technology from what institution in 1999?
5. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
2. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
3. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
4. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
5. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
6. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
7. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
8. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
9. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
10. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)