|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
2. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Charleston, South Carolina.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
3. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
(d) South Africa.
4. When did Jürgen Moser die?
5. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) Oslo, Norway.
(b) Geneva, Switzerland.
(c) London, England.
(d) Rejkavic, Iceland.
Short Answer Questions
1. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
3. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
4. On what date did Nash and Alicia arrive in London in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
5. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
2. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
3. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
4. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
5. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
6. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
7. How old was Nash in Chapter Thirty-One? How did he feel about his career at this point?
8. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
9. What led to John Forbes Nash, Jr. asking Alicia Larde out in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
10. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
This section contains 818 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)