|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
2. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
3. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
4. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
5. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Brain cancer.
(d) Paranoid schizophrenia.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
2. When was Peter Sarnak born?
3. On what date did Nash and Alicia arrive in London in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
2. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
3. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
4. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
5. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
6. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
7. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
8. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
9. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
10. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
This section contains 838 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)