|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
2. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
3. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(b) One-hundred, thirty-one.
4. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
5. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Howard Mele.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
2. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
3. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
4. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
5. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
3. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
4. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
5. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
6. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
7. Where did Nash spend the summer of 1956? What confrontation did he have with his father during this time?
8. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
9. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
10. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)