|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A scientific conference.
(b) The Music Library.
(c) A hockey game.
(d) A play.
2. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
3. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) New York University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Princeton University.
4. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
5. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central Asia.
(b) Southeastern Asia.
(c) Central America.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
2. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
3. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. In Chapter Forty-Nine, the United States government was holding an auction of what?
5. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
2. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
3. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
4. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
5. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
6. When had Nash previously been considered for the Nobel Prize, as described in Chapter Forty-Eight? Why had he not been nominated?
7. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
8. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
9. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
10. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
This section contains 907 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)