|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Boise, Idaho.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Anchorage, Alaska.
(d) Washington, D.C.
2. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Bluefield College.
(c) Carnegie Mellon University.
(d) Princeton University.
3. Paul Cohen was an American mathematician best known for his proof of the independence of what?
(b) Game theory.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
4. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) West Medford, Massachusetts.
(b) Ashland, Oregon.
(c) Pueblo, Colorado.
(d) Fargo, North Dakota.
5. When was Alicia Larde born?
(a) May 17, 1931.
(b) September 28, 1926.
(c) June 9, 1930.
(d) January 1, 1933.
Short Answer Questions
1. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
2. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
3. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
4. Where was Nash involuntarily committed in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
2. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
3. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
4. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
5. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
6. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
7. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
8. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
9. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
10. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)