|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) Ashland, Oregon.
(c) Pueblo, Colorado.
(d) West Medford, Massachusetts.
3. Alicia found employment as what in Chapter Thirty-One?
(a) A physics researcher.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A calculus professor.
(d) An aerospace engineer.
4. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(b) Santa Monica.
(d) New York.
5. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
2. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
3. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. When was Paul Cohen born?
5. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
2. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
3. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
4. When had Nash previously been considered for the Nobel Prize, as described in Chapter Forty-Eight? Why had he not been nominated?
5. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
6. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
7. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
8. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
9. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
10. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)