|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Nash's colleagues began to suspect that something was wrong when he talked about aliens from outer space communicating with him through what?
(a) Cups of coffee.
(b) The New York Times.
(c) Bars of soap.
(d) The Bible.
2. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) A scientific conference.
(c) The Music Library.
(d) A play.
3. In Chapter Thirty-Two, Nash looked for another project in which to become involved and decided to tackle the problem posed by what?
(a) Game theory.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The continuum hypothesis.
(d) Riemann's Hypothesis.
4. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central America.
(b) Southeastern Asia.
(d) Central Asia.
5. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) Abraham Flexner.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) David Gale.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
2. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
3. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
4. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. In Chapter Forty-Nine, the United States government was holding an auction of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did Nash spend the summer of 1956? What confrontation did he have with his father during this time?
2. Where did Nash go when he was released from the hospital in Chapter Thirty-Seven? What did Alicia do?
3. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
4. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
5. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
6. In what ways did Alicia attempt to help John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-Five? What were her thoughts about her husband at this time?
7. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
8. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
9. When had Nash previously been considered for the Nobel Prize, as described in Chapter Forty-Eight? Why had he not been nominated?
10. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
This section contains 952 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)