|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Bluefield College.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Antioch College.
(d) The University of Chicago.
2. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
3. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(b) Brain cancer.
(d) Bipolar disorder.
4. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(b) New Zealand.
5. When was Paul Cohen born?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the locked facility for men where Nash was contained in Chapter Thirty-Six?
2. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
3. When did Jürgen Moser die?
4. When did Paul Cohen die?
5. Paul Cohen was an American mathematician best known for his proof of the independence of what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
2. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
3. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
4. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
5. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
6. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
7. What led to John Forbes Nash, Jr. asking Alicia Larde out in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
8. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
9. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
10. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
This section contains 837 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)