|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Buffalo, New York.
(c) Key West, Florida.
(d) Roanoke, Virginia.
2. Where was Jürgen Moser born?
(b) East Prussia.
(d) South Africa.
3. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(b) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(c) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
4. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(c) Cody, Wyoming.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
5. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) Nine months.
(d) A semester.
Short Answer Questions
1. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
2. When was Paul Cohen born?
3. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
5. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
2. Where did Nash go when he was released from the hospital in Chapter Thirty-Seven? What did Alicia do?
3. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
4. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
5. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
6. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
7. How old was Nash in Chapter Thirty-One? How did he feel about his career at this point?
8. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
9. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
10. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
This section contains 864 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)