|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Harlow Shapley.
(c) Albert Tucker.
(d) Norman Steenrod.
2. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
3. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
4. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
5. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Alicia and what friend rented a house while Nash was hospitalized?
Short Answer Questions
1. Studies indicate that people can recover from schizophrenia over a long number of years; Nash described it as emerging from what?
2. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
3. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
4. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. When did Jürgen Moser die?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
2. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
3. When had Nash previously been considered for the Nobel Prize, as described in Chapter Forty-Eight? Why had he not been nominated?
4. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
5. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
6. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
7. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
8. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
9. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
10. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)