|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Georg von Rassewitz.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Norman Levinson.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
3. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
4. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Bluefield College.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Antioch College.
5. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Albert Tucker.
(c) Norman Steenrod.
(d) Harlow Shapley.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Two, Nash looked for another project in which to become involved and decided to tackle the problem posed by what?
2. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
3. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
4. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
5. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How old was Nash in Chapter Thirty-One? How did he feel about his career at this point?
2. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
3. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
4. What led to John Forbes Nash, Jr. asking Alicia Larde out in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
5. In what ways did Alicia attempt to help John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-Five? What were her thoughts about her husband at this time?
6. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
7. Where did Nash spend the summer of 1956? What confrontation did he have with his father during this time?
8. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
9. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
10. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)