|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
2. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Georg von Rassewitz.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) Norman Levinson.
3. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
(b) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
4. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
5. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Bluefield College.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Antioch College.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
2. Studies indicate that people can recover from schizophrenia over a long number of years; Nash described it as emerging from what?
3. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
4. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
5. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
2. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
3. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
4. In what ways did Alicia attempt to help John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-Five? What were her thoughts about her husband at this time?
5. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
6. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
7. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
8. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
9. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
10. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)