|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
(a) The Harvard Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(b) The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(c) The Antioch Institute of Technology.
(d) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
2. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) John Milnor.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) Howard Mele.
(d) Pattison Esmiol.
3. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) New York University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
4. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) Brandeis University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Carnegie Mellon University.
5. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(b) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Brain cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
2. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
3. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
4. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
5. When was Peter Sarnak born?
Short Essay Questions
1. What led to John Forbes Nash, Jr. asking Alicia Larde out in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
2. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
3. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
4. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
5. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
6. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
7. What were the doctors' impressions of Nash in Chapter Thirty-Six? With what was he diagnosed?
8. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
9. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
10. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)