|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) Pueblo, Colorado.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) West Medford, Massachusetts.
(d) Ashland, Oregon.
2. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Antioch College.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Bluefield College.
3. Where was Nash involuntarily committed in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) McLean Hospital.
(b) The Carrier Clinic.
(c) Trenton State Hospital.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
4. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
5. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The King James.
(c) The Wooden Fish.
(d) The Water Dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
2. When did Paul Cohen die?
3. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
4. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
5. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
2. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
3. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
4. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
5. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
6. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
7. How was the work of Nash being used by the U.S. government in Chapter Forty-Nine?
8. What led to John Forbes Nash, Jr. asking Alicia Larde out in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
9. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
10. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
This section contains 891 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)