|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) John Milnor.
(b) Pattison Esmiol.
(c) Reinhard Selten.
(d) Howard Mele.
2. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Albert Tucker.
(b) Harlow Shapley.
(c) Norman Steenrod.
(d) Robert Lowell.
3. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
4. Where did Nash travel to visit a cousin in Chapter Forty-Three?
(b) South Dakota.
5. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. In Chapter Forty-Nine, the United States government was holding an auction of what?
3. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
4. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
5. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
2. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
3. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
4. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
5. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
6. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
7. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
8. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
9. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
10. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)