|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Norman Levinson.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Georg von Rassewitz.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
2. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
3. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(a) The Upper East Side.
(b) Greenwich Village.
4. What was the month and year that Nash and Alicia sailed to Europe in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) August, 1961.
(b) September, 1960.
(c) July, 1959.
(d) April, 1958.
5. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
2. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
3. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
4. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
5. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
2. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
3. Where did Nash go when he was released from the hospital in Chapter Thirty-Seven? What did Alicia do?
4. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
5. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
6. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
7. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
8. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
9. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
10. What interaction did Alicia have with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Seven? What was Alicia's response?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)