|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) Nine months.
(b) A semester.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
2. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Bluefield College.
(c) Carnegie Mellon University.
(d) Harvard University.
3. When was Peter Sarnak born?
4. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
5. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(d) New Zealand.
Short Answer Questions
1. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
3. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. Where was Alicia Larde born?
5. Where did Nash travel to visit a cousin in Chapter Forty-Three?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
2. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
3. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
4. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
5. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
6. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
7. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
8. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
9. How are Nash's career and personal life described in Chapter Thirty-Three?
10. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
This section contains 859 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)