|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
2. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Howard Mele.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) Pattison Esmiol.
(d) John Milnor.
3. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central America.
(b) Southeastern Asia.
(c) Central Asia.
4. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(b) New Zealand.
5. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. Paul Cohen was an American mathematician best known for his proof of the independence of what?
3. When was Paul Cohen born?
4. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
5. What was the month and year that Nash and Alicia sailed to Europe in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
2. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
3. In what ways did Alicia attempt to help John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-Five? What were her thoughts about her husband at this time?
4. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
5. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
6. Where was Nash working in Chapter Forty-Three? How was his emotional state at this time?
7. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
8. How is the relationship between Nash and Peter Sarnak described in Chapter Forty-Seven? How did they meet?
9. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
10. What led John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s colleagues to suspect something was wrong with him in Chapter Thirty-Four? How did Nash describe his feelings during this time?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)