|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Howard Mele.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
2. When did Jürgen Moser die?
3. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Boston, Massachusetts.
4. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) Key West, Florida.
(b) Roanoke, Virginia.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
5. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Anchorage, Alaska.
(d) Boise, Idaho.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
2. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
3. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
4. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
2. What new project did Nash begin working on in Chapter Thirty-Two? Why?
3. How is John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Alicia described in Chapter Thirty-One? What were peoples' impressions of Alicia?
4. How is Nash's mental state described in Chapter Forty-Two after his release from the hospital?
5. Where was Nash institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six? Who did he meet at the hospital and befriend?
6. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two? Where did he go upon release?
7. How old was Nash in Chapter Thirty-One? How did he feel about his career at this point?
8. Where did Nash go when he was released from the hospital in Chapter Thirty-Seven? What did Alicia do?
9. What led to Nash's winning the Nobel Prize in Chapter Forty-Eight? What issues did the Royal Swedish Academy have with Nash?
10. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to Nash's investigation?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)