|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash didn't immediately secure a deferment from the draft but he had a delay until what date?
(a) August 9 1949.
(b) February 15, 1950.
(c) June 30, 1951.
(d) May 11, 1952.
2. Who co-authored The Theory of Games and Economic Behavior with John von Neumann?
(a) Solomon Lefschetz.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Norman Steenrod.
(d) Albert Einstein.
3. How many faculty members from MIT belonged to a Communist Party cell and were called to testify before the House Un-American Activities Committee, as described in Chapter Nineteen?
4. What is the last name of Eleanor, the woman with whom Nash had an affair in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had how many children?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lloyd Shapley from?
2. Nash's first infatuation with a man was with whom, as described in Chapter Twenty-Two?
3. On what date did the Korean War begin?
4. During his first semester at Princeton, Nash would arrange his morning walk so he could see whom taking his morning walk?
5. Where was Albert Tucker when Nash mailed the first draft of his thesis to him in Chapter Ten?
Short Essay Questions
1. How was Nash perceived by faculty and his peers at Princeton in Chapter Five?
2. What became of the meeting between John Forbes Nash, Jr. and John von Neumann in Chapter Ten?
3. Why did Nash worry about the onset of the Korean War in Chapter Fourteen? What actions did he take?
4. What paper does the author describe that Nash wrote in Chapter Nine? What did the paper examine?
5. To what faculty members was Nash most closely associated at Princeton, as described by the author in Chapter Five?
6. Where did Nash move in Chapter Sixteen? What job did he take and with whom did he work?
7. Why did Nash refuse a permanent position at RAND in Chapter Fourteen? Where did he go instead?
8. What was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s reputation in his second year of college, as described in Chapter Two? Where did he decide to go to graduate school?
9. When did Nash begin working for RAND? How did his work there influence his thinking?
10. When was Nash's first son born? How did Nash respond to his son's birth in Chapter Twenty-Three?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)