|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s thesis for Princeton became known as what, as described in Chapter Ten?
(a) Nash equilibrium.
(b) The continuum hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
(d) A zero-sum game.
3. Where was John von Neumann born?
(a) Los Angeles.
4. Where was Lloyd Shapley from?
(a) Bangor, Maine.
(b) Miami, Florida.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) St. Louis, Missouri.
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. won a Westinghouse Scholarship to study where in Chapter One?
3. Chapter Nineteen focuses on the McCarthy era in the spring of what year?
4. Kriegspiel is German for what?
5. What profession did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mother hold before she married?
Short Essay Questions
1. To what faculty members was Nash most closely associated at Princeton, as described by the author in Chapter Five?
2. What does the author write about Nash's involvement with games in Chapter Six?
3. What paper does the author describe that Nash wrote in Chapter Nine? What did the paper examine?
4. When did Nash begin working for RAND? How did his work there influence his thinking?
5. What led to Nash's theorem on manifolds in Chapter Twenty? What was the theory known as?
6. When was Nash's first son born? How did Nash respond to his son's birth in Chapter Twenty-Three?
7. Why did Nash worry about the onset of the Korean War in Chapter Fourteen? What actions did he take?
8. How was Nash perceived by faculty and his peers at Princeton in Chapter Five?
9. What became of the meeting between John Forbes Nash, Jr. and John von Neumann in Chapter Ten?
10. How are John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s experiences in college described in Chapter Two?
This section contains 865 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)