|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who co-authored The Theory of Games and Economic Behavior with John von Neumann?
(a) Oskar Morgenstern.
(b) Solomon Lefschetz.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Norman Steenrod.
2. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had relationships with how many men?
3. With whom did Nash work on games during his second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Warren Ambrose.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Albert Tucker.
4. Where did Nash's sister find a job during Nash's second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A movie theatre.
(c) A dentist's office.
(d) A library.
5. Nash's first infatuation with a man was with whom, as described in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Ervin Thorson.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Norman Steenrod.
(d) Henry Michael Temple.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nash drove across country with his sister Martha and who during his second summer at RAND?
2. In Chapter Fifteen, Nash began to study the area of what?
3. During his first semester at Princeton, Nash would arrange his morning walk so he could see whom taking his morning walk?
4. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. born?
5. On what date did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents marry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author describe the mathematics department at Princeton in Chapter Four? How was grading determined?
2. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. grow up? How were Nash's parents described in Chapter One?
3. How is the political atmosphere described in Chapter Nineteen? How did it affect the faculty at MIT?
4. Where was Nash hospitalized in Chapter Forty? What did he think of his treatment?
5. Where did Nash spend the summer of 1956? What confrontation did he have with his father during this time?
6. When had Nash previously been considered for the Nobel Prize, as described in Chapter Forty-Eight? Why had he not been nominated?
7. How is Nash's thesis for Princeton described in Chapter Ten? What significance did it have?
8. Why was Nash's son hospitalized in Chapter Fifty? How did Nash reach out to him?
9. Why did Nash decline an offer at the University of Chicago in Chapter Thirty-Four? How was his behavior described at this time?
10. Where was Nash living in Chapter Forty-Four? What happened to Nash after the death of his mother?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)