|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty, Nash was challenged to solve the problem of what?
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The Pythagoreon Theorum.
(d) Game theory.
2. What was the name of John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mother?
3. In Chapter Fifteen, Nash began to study the area of what?
(a) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(c) The continuum hypothesis.
(d) Game theory.
4. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. take mathematics classes while in high school?
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(d) Bluefield College.
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Eleanor lasted until what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
2. With whom did Nash work on games during his second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
3. Chapter Nineteen focuses on the McCarthy era in the spring of what year?
4. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. Nash drove across country with his sister Martha and who during his second summer at RAND?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author write about Nash's involvement with games in Chapter Six?
2. Why was Nash's son hospitalized in Chapter Fifty? How did Nash reach out to him?
3. How is Alicia's life described during Nash's hospitalization in Chapter Thirty-Seven? Where did she live?
4. How did Alicia Larde meet John Forbes Nash, Jr.? How is she described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
5. What was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s reputation in his second year of college, as described in Chapter Two? Where did he decide to go to graduate school?
6. Who accompanied Nash in his second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen? Where did he live?
7. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. working in Chapter Thirty? What interested him about the work?
8. How does the author describe the mathematics department at Princeton in Chapter Four? How was grading determined?
9. Where did the Nash's spend Christmas in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What led to their return to the U.S.?
10. How is the Nash's journey to Europe described in Chapter Thirty-Eight? What did they do upon arrival?
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)