|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Thirty-Two, Nash looked for another project in which to become involved and decided to tackle the problem posed by what?
(a) Game theory.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
2. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded by whom?
(a) Harlow Shapley.
(b) Abraham Flexner.
(c) Ervin Thorson.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
3. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Reinhard Selten.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Georg von Rassewitz.
(d) Norman Levinson.
4. On what date did Nash and Alicia arrive in London in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) July 18, 1959.
(b) July 29, 1960.
(c) June 27, 1958.
(d) August 4, 1959.
5. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
6. When was Paul Cohen born?
7. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Anchorage, Alaska.
(c) Boise, Idaho.
(d) Washington, D.C.
8. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) The Carrier Clinic.
(b) McLean Hospital.
(c) The Peace Clinic.
(d) Trenton State Hospital.
9. What does IMU stand for?
(a) International Mathematical Union.
(b) International Manufacturing Union.
(c) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(d) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
10. Alicia found employment as what in Chapter Thirty-One?
(a) An aerospace engineer.
(b) A physics researcher.
(c) A psychologist.
(d) A calculus professor.
11. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
12. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
13. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
14. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) New York University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
15. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
2. When did Jürgen Moser die?
3. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
4. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
5. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)