|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nash received an honorary degree, Doctor of Science and Technology from what institution in 1999?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Carnegie Mellon University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
2. In Chapter Thirty, Nash decided to return to MIT because of what?
(a) Its proximity to the ocean.
(b) The intelligence of the locals.
(c) The cooler summer weather.
(d) Tax advantages in Massachusetts.
3. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
(a) A Loon's Luncheon.
(b) A Mad Hatter's Tea.
(c) A Crazy Carnival.
(d) A Batty Brunch.
4. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) David Gale.
(b) Pattison Esmiol.
(c) Abraham Flexner.
(d) Oskar Morgenstern.
5. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Howard Mele.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Reinhard Selten.
(d) Pattison Esmiol.
6. In Chapter Thirty-Two, Nash looked for another project in which to become involved and decided to tackle the problem posed by what?
(a) Game theory.
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
7. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Oskar Morgenstern.
(b) Norman Levinson.
(c) Georg von Rassewitz.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
8. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
9. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
10. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Cody, Wyoming.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) St. Paul, Minnesota.
11. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
12. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
13. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Bluefield College.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Antioch College.
(d) Harvard University.
14. What is the name of the locked facility for men where Nash was contained in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Bowditch Hall.
(b) Jacobson's Hall.
(c) Miller Hall.
(d) Evergreen Hall.
15. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(a) The Upper East Side.
(b) Greenwich Village.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Three, Nash was back in Boston working where?
2. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
3. On what date did Nash and Alicia arrive in London in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
5. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)