|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Norman Levinson.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Reinhard Selten.
(d) Georg von Rassewitz.
2. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) London, England.
(b) Rejkavic, Iceland.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Geneva, Switzerland.
3. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
4. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central Asia.
(b) Southeastern Asia.
(c) Central America.
5. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
(a) Memphis, Tennessee.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah.
6. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) Ashland, Oregon.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) Pueblo, Colorado.
(d) West Medford, Massachusetts.
7. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) The Music Library.
(c) A scientific conference.
(d) A play.
8. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
(a) The Harvard Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(b) The Antioch Institute of Technology.
(c) The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(d) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
9. When did Paul Cohen die?
10. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
11. In Chapter Thirty, Nash decided to return to MIT because of what?
(a) The intelligence of the locals.
(b) Tax advantages in Massachusetts.
(c) Its proximity to the ocean.
(d) The cooler summer weather.
12. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) David Gale.
(d) Abraham Flexner.
13. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Alicia and what friend rented a house while Nash was hospitalized?
14. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
15. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(b) One-hundred, thirty-one.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
2. Where did Nash travel to visit a cousin in Chapter Forty-Three?
3. When was Paul Cohen born?
4. What year was it in Chapter Forty-Four?
5. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)