|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Paranoid schizophrenia.
(c) Bipolar disorder.
(d) Brain cancer.
2. When did Paul Cohen die?
3. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Bluefield College.
(d) Antioch College.
4. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(b) New York.
(c) Santa Monica.
5. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Nash's colleagues began to suspect that something was wrong when he talked about aliens from outer space communicating with him through what?
(a) Bars of soap.
(b) Cups of coffee.
(c) The Bible.
(d) The New York Times.
6. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Water Dog.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Wooden Fish.
(d) The King James.
7. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) London, England.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) Rejkavic, Iceland.
(d) Geneva, Switzerland.
8. When did Jürgen Moser die?
9. When was Peter Sarnak born?
10. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Reinhard Selten.
(b) Georg von Rassewitz.
(c) Norman Levinson.
(d) Oskar Morgenstern.
11. On what date did Nash and Alicia arrive in London in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) July 29, 1960.
(b) August 4, 1959.
(c) June 27, 1958.
(d) July 18, 1959.
12. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
13. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Boise, Idaho.
(b) San Francisco, California.
(c) Washington, D.C.
(d) Anchorage, Alaska.
14. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
15. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A hockey game.
(b) A scientific conference.
(c) A play.
(d) The Music Library.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
2. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
3. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
4. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
5. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)