|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(b) One-hundred, thirty-one.
2. Where was Alicia Larde born?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) San Salvador.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
3. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
(a) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
4. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
5. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
6. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) The University of Chicago.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Carnegie Mellon University.
(d) Brandeis University.
7. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(c) Greenwich Village.
(d) The Upper East Side.
8. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) Columbus, Ohio.
(b) Buffalo, New York.
(c) Roanoke, Virginia.
(d) Key West, Florida.
9. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central America.
(b) Central Asia.
(d) Southeastern Asia.
10. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
11. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) London, England.
(b) Geneva, Switzerland.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Rejkavic, Iceland.
12. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A play.
(b) A hockey game.
(c) A scientific conference.
(d) The Music Library.
13. What does IMU stand for?
(a) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(b) International Mathematical Union.
(c) International Manufacturing Union.
(d) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
14. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
(c) South Africa.
15. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty?
(a) Trenton State Hospital.
(b) McLean Hospital.
(c) The Carrier Clinic.
(d) The Peace Clinic.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Nash's colleagues began to suspect that something was wrong when he talked about aliens from outer space communicating with him through what?
3. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. When did Paul Cohen die?
5. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)