|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Alicia found employment as what in Chapter Thirty-One?
(a) An aerospace engineer.
(b) A psychologist.
(c) A physics researcher.
(d) A calculus professor.
2. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central America.
(c) Central Asia.
(d) Southeastern Asia.
3. When was Peter Sarnak born?
4. Where was Nash involuntarily committed in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) The Carrier Clinic.
(b) Trenton State Hospital.
(c) McLean Hospital.
(d) Harvard Medical School.
5. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Georg von Rassewitz.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) Norman Levinson.
(d) Oskar Morgenstern.
6. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Oskar Morgenstern.
(b) Pattison Esmiol.
(c) David Gale.
(d) Abraham Flexner.
7. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(b) The Upper East Side.
(c) Greenwich Village.
8. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
9. What does IMU stand for?
(a) International Mathematical Union.
(b) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
(c) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(d) International Manufacturing Union.
10. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
(b) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(c) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
11. Where was Jürgen Moser born?
(a) South Africa.
(d) East Prussia.
12. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
13. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
14. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Atlanta, Georgia.
(c) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
15. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
3. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
4. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)