|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
2. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
3. What year was it in Chapter Forty-Four?
4. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
5. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Reinhard Selten.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Howard Mele.
(d) Pattison Esmiol.
6. Where was Jürgen Moser born?
(a) East Prussia.
(c) South Africa.
7. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) The Peace Clinic.
(b) The Carrier Clinic.
(c) Trenton State Hospital.
(d) McLean Hospital.
8. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
9. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) A semester.
(b) Nine months.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) One year.
10. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) Bluefield College.
(c) Carnegie Mellon University.
(d) Princeton University.
11. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(d) New Zealand.
12. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Anchorage, Alaska.
(c) Boise, Idaho.
(d) San Francisco, California.
13. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
14. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(b) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(c) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
(d) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
15. In Chapter Forty-Three, Nash was back in Boston working where?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Brandeis University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
Short Answer Questions
1. Alicia found employment as what in Chapter Thirty-One?
2. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
3. What was the month and year that Nash and Alicia sailed to Europe in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
5. Where did Nash go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)