|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
(a) September 4, 1958.
(b) May 20, 1959.
(c) January 19, 1960.
(d) October 15, 1957.
2. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
3. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
4. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) London, England.
(b) Rejkavic, Iceland.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Geneva, Switzerland.
5. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
(a) The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(b) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(c) The Harvard Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(d) The Antioch Institute of Technology.
6. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
7. When was Peter Sarnak born?
8. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(b) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
(c) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
9. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(b) One-hundred, thirty-one.
10. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
(a) South Africa.
11. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
(a) Game theory.
(b) The continuum hypothesis.
(d) Riemann's Hypothesis.
12. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One year.
(c) A semester.
(d) Nine months.
13. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
14. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
15. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
Short Answer Questions
1. Alicia found employment as what in Chapter Thirty-One?
2. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
3. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
4. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
5. Alicia took a job where in Chapter Thirty-Five?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)