|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
2. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Boise, Idaho.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Anchorage, Alaska.
3. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
4. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded by whom?
(a) Abraham Flexner.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) Harlow Shapley.
(d) Ervin Thorson.
5. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
6. What is the name of the son John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Alicia Nash?
(a) Henry Nicolaus Nash.
(b) Robert Theodore Nash.
(c) Elliot Daniel Nash.
(d) John Charles Martin Nash .
7. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
(a) A Crazy Carnival.
(b) A Mad Hatter's Tea.
(c) A Batty Brunch.
(d) A Loon's Luncheon.
8. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) Roanoke, Virginia.
(b) Buffalo, New York.
(c) Key West, Florida.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
9. What does IMU stand for?
(a) International Mathematical Union.
(b) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(c) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
(d) International Manufacturing Union.
10. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Alicia and what friend rented a house while Nash was hospitalized?
11. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) One year.
(b) Nine months.
(c) A semester.
(d) Two weeks.
12. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
13. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
14. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(b) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(c) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
15. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was Alicia Larde born?
2. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
3. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Nash's colleagues began to suspect that something was wrong when he talked about aliens from outer space communicating with him through what?
4. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
5. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)