|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(b) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(c) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
2. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) The Music Library.
(b) A scientific conference.
(c) A hockey game.
(d) A play.
3. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded by whom?
(a) Ervin Thorson.
(b) Harlow Shapley.
(c) Abraham Flexner.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
4. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(a) Greenwich Village.
(c) The Upper East Side.
5. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) Abraham Flexner.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) David Gale.
6. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) Geneva, Switzerland.
(b) Rejkavic, Iceland.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) London, England.
7. When was Paul Cohen born?
8. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
9. When was Peter Sarnak born?
10. Where did Nash go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(b) Princeton, New Jersey.
(c) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(d) Marquette, Michigan.
11. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
12. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
(a) The continuum hypothesis.
(b) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
13. When was Jürgen Moser born?
14. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
15. When did Jürgen Moser die?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
2. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
3. What is the name of the son John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Alicia Nash?
4. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
5. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)