|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) New York University.
2. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(d) New Zealand.
3. In Chapter Forty-Nine, the United States government was holding an auction of what?
(a) National parks.
(b) Air waves.
(c) Gold mines.
(d) Used vehicles.
4. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
5. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
(a) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) Austin, Texas.
(d) Cody, Wyoming.
6. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded by whom?
(a) Reinhard Selten.
(b) Harlow Shapley.
(c) Ervin Thorson.
(d) Abraham Flexner.
7. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
8. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
(b) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(c) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(d) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
9. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
10. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Boston, Massachusetts.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
11. Where was Jürgen Moser born?
(c) East Prussia.
(d) South Africa.
12. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
13. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
14. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
(a) A Batty Brunch.
(b) A Loon's Luncheon.
(c) A Crazy Carnival.
(d) A Mad Hatter's Tea.
15. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) Key West, Florida.
(b) Roanoke, Virginia.
(c) Buffalo, New York.
(d) Columbus, Ohio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Nash received an honorary degree, Doctor of Science and Technology from what institution in 1999?
2. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
3. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
4. Paul Cohen was an American mathematician best known for his proof of the independence of what?
5. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
This section contains 412 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)