|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
2. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
3. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Oskar Morgenstern.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) Norman Levinson.
(d) Georg von Rassewitz.
4. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
5. What was the month and year that Nash and Alicia sailed to Europe in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) April, 1958.
(b) July, 1959.
(c) August, 1961.
(d) September, 1960.
6. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Boise, Idaho.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Anchorage, Alaska.
(d) San Francisco, California.
7. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Bluefield College.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Antioch College.
8. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
9. Where did Nash travel to visit a cousin in Chapter Forty-Three?
(d) South Dakota.
10. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
11. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Queen Mary.
(b) The Water Dog.
(c) The Wooden Fish.
(d) The King James.
12. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Bipolar disorder.
(b) Brain cancer.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia.
13. Paul Cohen was an American mathematician best known for his proof of the independence of what?
(a) The continuum hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
14. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
15. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
(a) A Mad Hatter's Tea.
(b) A Loon's Luncheon.
(c) A Crazy Carnival.
(d) A Batty Brunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
2. When was Alicia Larde born?
3. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
4. What does IMU stand for?
5. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)