|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
(a) Salt Lake City, Utah.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Atlanta, Georgia.
(d) Memphis, Tennessee.
2. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Water Dog.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Wooden Fish.
(d) The King James.
3. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Alicia and what friend rented a house while Nash was hospitalized?
4. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
5. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
6. What year was it in Chapter Forty-Four?
7. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(b) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(c) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
8. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Howard Mele.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Reinhard Selten.
(d) Pattison Esmiol.
9. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
10. Where did Nash travel to visit a cousin in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) South Dakota.
11. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(b) Harvard University.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) Bluefield College.
12. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
13. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(c) Santa Monica.
(d) New York.
14. What is the name of the son John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Alicia Nash?
(a) Elliot Daniel Nash.
(b) Robert Theodore Nash.
(c) John Charles Martin Nash .
(d) Henry Nicolaus Nash.
15. What institution was interested in Nash in Chapter Thirty-Three, although he applied for grant money for a sabbatical to work on research at Princeton and in Paris?
(a) Harvard University.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Antioch College.
(d) Bluefield College.
Short Answer Questions
1. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
2. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
3. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
4. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
5. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)