|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
2. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) Central America.
(b) Southeastern Asia.
(c) Central Asia.
3. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) Howard Mele.
(c) John Milnor.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
4. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
(c) South Africa.
5. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
(a) Buffalo, New York.
(b) Key West, Florida.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Roanoke, Virginia.
6. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
(a) October 12, 1994.
(b) October 16, 1988.
(c) June 27, 1991.
(d) May 1, 1999.
7. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(b) New York.
(c) Santa Monica.
8. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
9. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Carnegie Mellon University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Brandeis University.
10. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
11. Where did Nash travel to visit a cousin in Chapter Forty-Three?
(c) South Dakota.
12. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
13. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) One-hundred, thirty-one.
14. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Boise, Idaho.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Anchorage, Alaska.
15. When was Jürgen Moser born?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
3. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
4. What year was it in Chapter Forty-Four?
5. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)