|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
2. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
(a) Austin, Texas.
(b) Seattle, Washington.
(c) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(d) Cody, Wyoming.
3. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(a) New York.
(c) Santa Monica.
4. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
5. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(b) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(c) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
6. Where was Alicia Larde born?
(a) Mexico City.
(b) San Salvador.
(d) Rio de Janeiro.
7. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
8. When was Alicia Larde born?
(a) January 1, 1933.
(b) September 28, 1926.
(c) May 17, 1931.
(d) June 9, 1930.
9. When did Paul Cohen die?
10. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
11. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
12. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) A play.
(b) A scientific conference.
(c) A hockey game.
(d) The Music Library.
13. Studies indicate that people can recover from schizophrenia over a long number of years; Nash described it as emerging from what?
(a) Irrational thinking.
(b) Blinding rage.
(c) Overwhelming confusion.
(d) A mental war.
14. In Chapter Thirty-Seven, Alicia and what friend rented a house while Nash was hospitalized?
15. Where did Nash go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Marquette, Michigan.
(d) Princeton, New Jersey.
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
2. Where was Peter Sarnak born?
3. Alicia's family had been prominent and wealthy where, as described in Chapter Twenty-Six?
4. In Chapter Forty-Three, Nash was back in Boston working where?
5. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)