|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
2. Who had provided a research position for Nash in Boston in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Georg von Rassewitz.
(b) Norman Levinson.
(c) Reinhard Selten.
(d) Oskar Morgenstern.
3. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
4. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
5. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
6. What is the name of the locked facility for men where Nash was contained in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Miller Hall.
(b) Jacobson's Hall.
(c) Evergreen Hall.
(d) Bowditch Hall.
7. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) West Medford, Massachusetts.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) Ashland, Oregon.
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
8. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Thirty-One?
9. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
(a) Atlanta, Georgia.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Memphis, Tennessee.
(d) Salt Lake City, Utah.
10. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
11. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Harvard Medical School.
(c) New York University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
12. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Abraham Flexner.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) David Gale.
(d) Pattison Esmiol.
13. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
(a) January 19, 1960.
(b) October 15, 1957.
(c) May 20, 1959.
(d) September 4, 1958.
14. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Brandeis University.
(d) Princeton University.
15. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The King James.
(b) The Water Dog.
(c) The Queen Mary.
(d) The Wooden Fish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
3. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
4. Where did Nash go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
5. To what private psychiatric hospital near Princeton was Nash committed in Chapter Forty-Two?
This section contains 393 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)