|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does IMU stand for?
(a) International Mathematical Union.
(b) International Manufacturing Union.
(c) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(d) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
2. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) Fargo, North Dakota.
(b) West Medford, Massachusetts.
(c) Ashland, Oregon.
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
3. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
4. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
(a) October 16, 1988.
(b) October 12, 1994.
(c) June 27, 1991.
(d) May 1, 1999.
5. With what was John Forbes Nash, Jr. diagnosed during his first institutionalization in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Brain cancer.
(b) Bipolar disorder.
(c) Paranoid schizophrenia.
6. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
7. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
8. When Nash was released from the institution in Chapter Thirty-Seven, he went to MIT and hosted what?
(a) A Loon's Luncheon.
(b) A Mad Hatter's Tea.
(c) A Crazy Carnival.
(d) A Batty Brunch.
9. In Chapter Twenty-Eight, Nash spent the summer of 1956 where?
(a) Seattle, Washington.
(b) Austin, Texas.
(c) St. Paul, Minnesota.
(d) Cody, Wyoming.
10. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
11. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Wooden Fish.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The King James.
(d) The Water Dog.
12. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(b) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(c) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
13. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
(a) January 19, 1960.
(b) May 20, 1959.
(c) October 15, 1957.
(d) September 4, 1958.
14. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
15. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(b) New York.
(d) Santa Monica.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
3. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
5. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)