|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
3. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) Geneva, Switzerland.
(b) Oslo, Norway.
(c) London, England.
(d) Rejkavic, Iceland.
4. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
5. Paul Cohen was an American mathematician best known for his proof of the independence of what?
(b) The Manhattan Project.
(c) The continuum hypothesis.
(d) Game theory.
6. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
7. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
8. Studies indicate that people can recover from schizophrenia over a long number of years; Nash described it as emerging from what?
(a) Overwhelming confusion.
(b) A mental war.
(c) Blinding rage.
(d) Irrational thinking.
9. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Charleston, South Carolina.
(b) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(c) Boston, Massachusetts.
(d) Seattle, Washington.
10. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) Ashland, Oregon.
(b) West Medford, Massachusetts.
(c) Fargo, North Dakota.
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
11. In Chapter Forty-Nine, the United States government was holding an auction of what?
(a) National parks.
(b) Used vehicles.
(c) Air waves.
(d) Gold mines.
12. When did Jürgen Moser die?
13. Where was Nash involuntarily committed in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) The Carrier Clinic.
(c) McLean Hospital.
(d) Trenton State Hospital.
14. Where was Alicia Larde born?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
(b) San Salvador.
(c) Mexico City.
15. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
Short Answer Questions
1. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
2. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
3. What month was it when Nash traveled to East Germany in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
4. What is the name of the son John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Alicia Nash?
5. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. marry Alicia Larde?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)