|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
2. In what year did Nash win the Leroy P. Steele Prize?
3. Where did Alicia meet John Forbes Nash, Jr., after she had been a student of his in Chapter Twenty-Six?
(a) The Music Library.
(b) A play.
(c) A scientific conference.
(d) A hockey game.
4. The hospital where Nash was institutionalized in Chapter Thirty-Six received permission for a court to extend Nash's stay for an additional how many days?
5. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) San Francisco, California.
(b) Washington, D.C.
(c) Boise, Idaho.
(d) Anchorage, Alaska.
6. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(b) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(c) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
7. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
8. Where did Alicia's family first settle after coming to America?
(a) Biloxi, Mississippi.
(b) Boston, Massachusetts.
(c) Seattle, Washington.
(d) Charleston, South Carolina.
9. What was Alicia Larde called by her family?
10. How old was Nash in Chapter Forty-Four?
11. When was Jürgen Moser born?
12. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
(a) October 16, 1988.
(b) October 12, 1994.
(c) May 1, 1999.
(d) June 27, 1991.
13. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
(a) Nine months.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) One year.
(d) A semester.
14. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
15. In Chapter Thirty-Four, Nash's colleagues began to suspect that something was wrong when he talked about aliens from outer space communicating with him through what?
(a) Cups of coffee.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The New York Times.
(d) Bars of soap.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
2. When did Paul Cohen die?
3. The Nobel Prize was established in what year?
4. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
5. In Chapter Thirty-Two, Nash looked for another project in which to become involved and decided to tackle the problem posed by what?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)