|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it in Chapter Forty-Four?
2. When was Peter Sarnak born?
3. When did Jürgen Moser die?
4. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
(a) Harvard Medical School.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Princeton University.
(d) New York University.
5. In Chapter Forty-Eight, the announcement of Nash winning the Nobel Prize was made on what date?
(a) June 27, 1991.
(b) May 1, 1999.
(c) October 12, 1994.
(d) October 16, 1988.
6. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
7. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
8. With whom did Nash share the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences?
(a) David Gale and Norman Steenrod.
(b) Reinhard Selten and John Milnor.
(c) Norman Steenrod and John Harsanyi.
(d) Reinhard Selten and John Harsanyi.
9. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(a) Norman Steenrod.
(b) Harlow Shapley.
(c) Robert Lowell.
(d) Albert Tucker.
10. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
(a) The Harvard Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(b) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(c) The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(d) The Antioch Institute of Technology.
11. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
12. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(b) Santa Monica.
(c) New York.
13. Where was Alicia Larde born?
(a) Rio de Janeiro.
(b) Mexico City.
(c) San Salvador.
14. Where in Europe did John Forbes Nash, Jr. decide to go at the end of Chapter Thirty-Seven?
15. On what date was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s second son born?
(a) September 4, 1958.
(b) October 15, 1957.
(c) January 19, 1960.
(d) May 20, 1959.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alicia go to visit a cousin of hers in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
2. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
3. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
4. What is the name of the locked facility for men where Nash was contained in Chapter Thirty-Six?
5. Studies indicate that people can recover from schizophrenia over a long number of years; Nash described it as emerging from what?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)