|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty-Seven, Nash realized that he needed to marry after the disastrous summer where?
(c) New York.
(d) Santa Monica.
2. Nash and Alicia sailed on what ship in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) The Water Dog.
(b) The Queen Mary.
(c) The Wooden Fish.
(d) The King James.
3. Nash was released how many days after his commitment to the institution in Chapter Thirty-Six?
(d) One-hundred, thirty-one.
4. When was Jürgen Moser born?
5. Alicia found employment as what in Chapter Thirty-One?
(a) A psychologist.
(b) A calculus professor.
(c) A physics researcher.
(d) An aerospace engineer.
6. In Chapter Forty, Virginia and who traveled to Princeton, at Alicia's request?
7. In Chapter Thirty, Nash decided to return to MIT because of what?
(a) The intelligence of the locals.
(b) Its proximity to the ocean.
(c) Tax advantages in Massachusetts.
(d) The cooler summer weather.
8. By what month did Nash begin having problems again and try to secure a position in France in Chapter Forty-Two?
9. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Carnegie Mellon University.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) Brandeis University.
10. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
11. Where did the Nash's move after Paris in Chapter Thirty-Eight?
(a) London, England.
(b) Geneva, Switzerland.
(c) Oslo, Norway.
(d) Rejkavic, Iceland.
12. Nash won the Nobel Memorial Prize in Economic Sciences for his work in what area?
(b) Game theory.
(c) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
13. Nash began outpatient treatment with what psychiatrist in Chapter Forty-Three?
(a) Oskar Morgenstern.
(b) David Gale.
(c) Pattison Esmiol.
(d) Abraham Flexner.
14. In Chapter Forty-Three, Nash was back in Boston working where?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Brandeis University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) The University of Chicago.
15. In what month did Alicia decide to have Nash committed in Chapter Thirty-Five?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
2. Where was Nash living with his mother in Chapter Forty-Four?
3. Where was Alicia Larde born?
4. In Chapter Forty-Nine, Nash was traveling where to accept the Nobel Prize?
5. The institution Nash to which was involuntarily admitted in Chapter Thirty-Six was affiliated with what institution of higher education?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)