|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Luxembourg is bordered by Belgium, France, and what country?
2. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Carnegie Mellon University.
(b) Princeton University.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Bluefield College.
3. Who gave Nash a one year research appointment in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Brandeis University.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Carnegie Mellon University.
(d) Princeton University.
4. Where was Nash committed in Chapter Forty?
(a) McLean Hospital.
(b) The Peace Clinic.
(c) The Carrier Clinic.
(d) Trenton State Hospital.
5. In Chapter Thirty, Nash decided to return to MIT because of what?
(a) Its proximity to the ocean.
(b) The cooler summer weather.
(c) The intelligence of the locals.
(d) Tax advantages in Massachusetts.
6. In what year did John Forbes Nash, Jr. first ask out Alicia Larde?
7. Who met with Alicia and told her about her son and her relationship with Nash in Chapter Twenty-Seven?
8. In Chapter Thirty-Five, Alicia and Nash moved where?
(a) West Medford, Massachusetts.
(b) Fargo, North Dakota.
(c) Ashland, Oregon.
(d) Pueblo, Colorado.
9. What does IMU stand for?
(a) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
(b) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(c) International Manufacturing Union.
(d) International Mathematical Union.
10. In what year was Nash awarded the John von Neumann Theory Prize for his discovery of non-cooperative equilibria?
11. When did Jürgen Moser die?
12. In what year was Nash committed to a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
13. Where did Alicia take a job in New York after returning to the U.S. in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
14. Where did Alicia go upon returning to the United States in Chapter Thirty-Nine?
(a) Washington, D.C.
(b) Boise, Idaho.
(c) San Francisco, California.
(d) Anchorage, Alaska.
15. What psychiatrist did Nash meet at a private psychiatric hospital near Princeton in Chapter Forty-Two?
(a) Pattison Esmiol.
(b) Howard Mele.
(c) John Milnor.
(d) Reinhard Selten.
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it in Chapter Thirty-Three?
2. What poet was also a patient at the institution where Nash was held in Chapter Thirty-Six?
3. In Chapter Thirty-Two, Nash looked for another project in which to become involved and decided to tackle the problem posed by what?
4. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
5. The department chairman relieved Nash of his teaching duties for how long in Chapter Thirty-Five?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)