|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
2. When did Joseph McCarthy die?
3. Nash's first infatuation with a man was in summer of what year?
4. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
5. What year was it when Nash chose who he wanted to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
6. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had how many children?
7. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
8. What was the name of John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mother?
9. When was Joseph McCarthy born?
10. Nash presented a talk on his work at the International Congress of Mathematics when in Chapter Fifteen?
(a) April, 1952.
(b) December, 1949.
(c) September, 1950.
(d) March, 1953.
11. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Eleanor lasted until what year?
12. Where did Nash, his sister and friend rent a small apartment during Nash's second summer at RAND?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Santa Barbara.
13. Where was Albert Tucker when Nash mailed the first draft of his thesis to him in Chapter Ten?
14. The one requirement at Princeton in the mathematics department when Nash attended in Chapter Four was that the students attend what daily?
(a) Church services.
(b) McAnderson's lecture.
(c) Student meetings.
(d) A faculty tea.
15. In game theory, what describes the situation when a player has available the same information to determine all of the possible games as would be available at the end of the game?
(a) Perfect information.
(b) Incontrovertable evidence.
(c) Psychic information.
(d) Complete data.
Short Answer Questions
1. Chapter Eleven describes Nash's friendship with Lloyd Shapley which began in what year?
2. How many pages was John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s thesis in Chapter Ten?
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s thesis for Princeton became known as what, as described in Chapter Ten?
4. When did John von Neumann die?
5. Nash's theorem in Chapter Fifteen basically said that it is possible for every manifold to find a part that corresponds to what?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)