Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What year was it when Nash chose who he wanted to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
2. Where was Albert Tucker when Nash mailed the first draft of his thesis to him in Chapter Ten?
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what month?
4. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) Robert Lewis Stier.
(b) Thomas Abraham Nash.
(c) Michael Jacob Nash.
(d) John David Stier.
5. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
6. Who did the Republic of Korea fight in the Korean War?
(b) The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
7. How old was Nash when he began teaching at MIT?
8. Who was the chairman of the mathematics department at Princeton when Nash began attending in Chapter Four?
(a) John David Stier.
(b) Norman Steenrod.
(c) Albert Einstein.
(d) Solomon Lefschetz.
9. With whom did Nash work on games during his second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Warren Ambrose.
(b) Robert Lowell.
(c) Albert Tucker.
(d) John Milnor.
10. When was Joseph McCarthy born?
11. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
(a) Foreign languages.
(b) Geology and Earth Sciences.
(c) Mathematics and Physics.
12. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. born?
(a) Tacoma, Washington.
(b) Bluefield, West Virginia.
(c) Chicago, Illinois.
(d) Sierra City, California.
13. How much younger was John Forbes Nash, Jr. than his mistress Eleanor?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Twenty-four years.
14. Where did Nash, his sister and friend rent a small apartment during Nash's second summer at RAND?
(a) Santa Barbara.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) San Francisco.
15. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash didn't immediately secure a deferment from the draft but he had a delay until what date?
(a) February 15, 1950.
(b) August 9 1949.
(c) June 30, 1951.
(d) May 11, 1952.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash returned to Princeton to teach what while looking for a full-time position?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. won a Westinghouse Scholarship to study where in Chapter One?
3. Nash's first infatuation with a man was in summer of what year?
4. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had how many children?
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s maternal grandfather held what profession?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)