|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had how many children?
2. On what date did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents marry?
(a) June 4, 1919.
(b) April 13, 1933.
(c) May 28, 1927.
(d) September 6, 1924.
3. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. meet Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) A Boston hospital.
(b) A bus stop.
(c) A church mass.
(d) A library.
4. On what date did the Korean War begin?
(a) December 8, 1958.
(b) June 25, 1950.
(c) May 4, 1935.
(d) September 22, 1942.
5. What profession did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mother hold before she married?
(b) Bus driver.
6. Where did Nash's sister find a job during Nash's second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A dentist's office.
(b) A movie theatre.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A library.
7. When was the Rockefeller Foundation established?
8. When did John von Neumann die?
9. What was the name of John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mother?
10. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. take mathematics classes while in high school?
(a) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(c) Bluefield College.
11. Chapter Nineteen focuses on the McCarthy era in the spring of what year?
12. Kriegspiel refers to a chess variant invented by whom in 1899?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Henry Michael Temple.
(c) Lloyd Shapley.
(d) Georg von Rassewitz.
13. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
14. Where was John von Neumann born?
(c) Los Angeles.
15. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Eleanor lasted until what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. Nash's first infatuation with a man was in summer of what year?
2. Kriegspiel is German for what?
3. RAND Corporation first formed to offer research and analysis to the United States armed forces by what American aerospace manufacturer?
4. Who co-authored The Theory of Games and Economic Behavior with John von Neumann?
5. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash didn't immediately secure a deferment from the draft but he had a delay until what date?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)