|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Eleanor lasted until what year?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics in his youth while reading what book?
(a) The Geometry of Humankind.
(b) The Math Wizard.
(c) The Power of Equations.
(d) Men of Mathematics.
3. What was the name of John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mother?
4. John Forbes Nash, Jr. won a Westinghouse Scholarship to study where in Chapter One?
(a) Bluefield College.
(c) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(d) The University of Chicago.
5. Where is MIT located?
(a) Boston, Massachusets.
(b) Billings, Montana.
(c) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
(d) Butte, Montana.
6. Nash's theorem in Chapter Fifteen basically said that it is possible for every manifold to find a part that corresponds to what?
(a) The end object.
(b) A basic equation.
(c) The Intermediate object.
(d) The original object.
7. Who co-authored The Theory of Games and Economic Behavior with John von Neumann?
(a) Solomon Lefschetz.
(b) Oskar Morgenstern.
(c) Norman Steenrod.
(d) Albert Einstein.
8. Who did the Republic of Korea fight in the Korean War?
(d) The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
9. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. born?
(a) Chicago, Illinois.
(b) Sierra City, California.
(c) Bluefield, West Virginia.
(d) Tacoma, Washington.
10. On what date did Eleanor give birth to Nash's son in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) October 31, 1951.
(b) June 19, 1953.
(c) November 4, 1955.
(d) May 12, 1952.
11. Where did Nash's sister find a job during Nash's second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A library.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A movie theatre.
(d) A dentist's office.
12. On what date did the Korean War begin?
(a) September 22, 1942.
(b) May 4, 1935.
(c) December 8, 1958.
(d) June 25, 1950.
13. In what year was John's sister Martha Nash born?
14. Who did Nash ask to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
(a) Albert Tucker.
(b) Henry Michael Temple.
(c) Lloyd Shapley.
(d) Norman Steenrod.
15. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
Short Answer Questions
1. What year was it when Nash chose who he wanted to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
2. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
3. Where was John von Neumann born?
4. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
5. When did Joseph McCarthy die?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)