|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom did Nash work on games during his second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) John Milnor.
(c) Albert Tucker.
(d) Warren Ambrose.
2. Nash met with von Neumann to discuss his ideas regarding what in Chapter Ten?
(a) The continuum hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
(d) Riemann's Hypothesis.
3. The one requirement at Princeton in the mathematics department when Nash attended in Chapter Four was that the students attend what daily?
(a) McAnderson's lecture.
(b) Student meetings.
(c) Church services.
(d) A faculty tea.
4. Who did the Republic of Korea fight in the Korean War?
(a) The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
5. When did Joseph McCarthy die?
6. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
7. Between the ages of twenty-four and twenty-nine, Nash had how many children?
8. Where did Nash's sister find a job during Nash's second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A bakery.
(b) A movie theatre.
(c) A library.
(d) A dentist's office.
9. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics at what age?
10. Where is MIT located?
(a) Boston, Massachusets.
(b) Billings, Montana.
(c) Butte, Montana.
(d) Cambridge, Massachusetts.
11. When was Lloyd Shapley born?
12. Nash's first infatuation with a man was with whom, as described in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Norman Steenrod.
(b) Henry Michael Temple.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) Ervin Thorson.
13. In game theory, what describes the situation when a player has available the same information to determine all of the possible games as would be available at the end of the game?
(a) Psychic information.
(b) Incontrovertable evidence.
(c) Complete data.
(d) Perfect information.
14. Kriegspiel refers to a chess variant invented by whom in 1899?
(a) Lloyd Shapley.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Henry Michael Temple.
(d) Georg von Rassewitz.
15. Kriegspiel is German for what?
(c) War game.
(d) Barking dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was Lloyd Shapley from?
2. In Chapter Fifteen, Nash began to study the area of what?
3. Who was Lloyd Shapley's father?
4. Where did Nash, his sister and friend rent a small apartment during Nash's second summer at RAND?
5. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)