|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the professor to whom Nash was closest at Princeton?
(a) Oskar Morgenstern.
(b) Warren Ambrose.
(c) Lloyd Shapley.
(d) Norman Steenrod.
2. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. meet Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) A church mass.
(b) A bus stop.
(c) A Boston hospital.
(d) A library.
3. When did John von Neumann die?
4. Joseph McCarthy served as a Republican U.S. Senator from what state?
(d) New Mexico.
5. What is a situation in which no player can improve his situation in game theory?
(b) A zero-sum game.
(c) End game.
6. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. take mathematics classes while in high school?
(a) Bluefield College.
(b) The University of Chicago.
(d) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
7. When did Joseph McCarthy die?
8. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
9. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
(a) Geology and Earth Sciences.
(b) Mathematics and Physics.
(c) Foreign languages.
10. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what month?
11. According to the Prologue, John Forbes Nash, Jr. became well known as a mathematician in what year?
12. During his first semester at Princeton, Nash would arrange his morning walk so he could see whom taking his morning walk?
(a) Albert Einstein.
(b) Lloyd Shapley.
(c) John Milnor.
(d) Norman Steenrod.
13. What refers to a research and development program, led by the United States with participation from the United Kingdom and Canada, that produced the first atomic bomb during World War II?
(a) Project Atomic.
(b) Project Destruction.
(c) The Roswell Project.
(d) The Manhattan Project.
14. Nash's first infatuation with a man was with whom, as described in Chapter Twenty-Two?
(a) Henry Michael Temple.
(b) Norman Steenrod.
(c) Ervin Thorson.
(d) Oskar Morgenstern.
15. Nash's first infatuation with a man was in summer of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Twenty, Nash antagonized a colleague named what?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. was born on what date?
3. What is the last name of Eleanor, the woman with whom Nash had an affair in Chapter Twenty-Three?
4. RAND conducted experiments in games to see if the players did what, in Chapter Eighteen?
5. Kriegspiel refers to a chess variant based upon the original "Kriegsspiel" developed by whom?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)