|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what month?
3. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
4. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) Robert Lewis Stier.
(b) John David Stier.
(c) Thomas Abraham Nash.
(d) Michael Jacob Nash.
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics at what age?
6. Kriegspiel is German for what?
(a) War game.
(d) Barking dog.
7. How much younger was John Forbes Nash, Jr. than his mistress Eleanor?
(a) Two years.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) Twenty-four years.
(d) Five years.
8. Kriegspiel refers to a chess variant invented by whom in 1899?
(a) Georg von Rassewitz.
(b) Albert Einstein.
(c) Lloyd Shapley.
(d) Henry Michael Temple.
9. Where did Nash, his sister and friend rent a small apartment during Nash's second summer at RAND?
(a) Las Vegas.
(c) San Francisco.
(d) Santa Barbara.
10. In Chapter Ten, Nash developed an equilibrium point that could apply to more than two people and wasn't necessarily what?
(a) A game that could be lost.
(b) Mathematically accurate.
(c) A zero-sum game.
(d) A winnable game.
11. What is a situation in which no player can improve his situation in game theory?
(a) A zero-sum game.
(d) End game.
12. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
13. When was the Rockefeller Foundation established?
14. What was Eleanor's profession when she met John Forbes Nash, Jr. in Chapter Twenty-Three?
15. Chapter Twenty-Four discusses Nash's friendship with what MIT graduate student?
(a) Robert Lowell.
(b) Reinhard Selten.
(c) John Milnor.
(d) Jack Bricker.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who did Nash ask to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
2. What is the last name of Eleanor, the woman with whom Nash had an affair in Chapter Twenty-Three?
3. In Chapter Fifteen, Nash began to study the area of what?
4. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s relationship with Eleanor lasted until what year?
5. Where was Lloyd Shapley from?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)