|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Nash invented a game of strategy at Princeton and what fellow student made the board for the game?
(a) David Gale.
(b) Warren Ambrose.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) Lloyd Shapley.
2. Nash met with von Neumann to discuss his ideas regarding what in Chapter Ten?
(a) Game theory.
(b) The continuum hypothesis.
(c) Riemann's Hypothesis.
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics in his youth while reading what book?
(a) The Geometry of Humankind.
(b) Men of Mathematics.
(c) The Math Wizard.
(d) The Power of Equations.
4. How old was Nash when he began teaching at MIT?
5. When did John von Neumann die?
6. In Chapter Fifteen, Nash began to study the area of what?
(a) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(c) Game theory.
(d) The continuum hypothesis.
7. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
8. Where did Nash's sister find a job during Nash's second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A movie theatre.
(b) A bakery.
(c) A library.
(d) A dentist's office.
9. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. born?
(a) Sierra City, California.
(b) Bluefield, West Virginia.
(c) Tacoma, Washington.
(d) Chicago, Illinois.
10. John Forbes Nash, Jr. was born on what date?
(a) June 13, 1928.
(b) October 19, 1940.
(c) November 25, 1935.
(d) January 2, 1913.
11. On what date did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents marry?
(a) June 4, 1919.
(b) September 6, 1924.
(c) April 13, 1933.
(d) May 28, 1927.
12. On what date did the Korean War begin?
(a) December 8, 1958.
(b) May 4, 1935.
(c) September 22, 1942.
(d) June 25, 1950.
13. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) Michael Jacob Nash.
(b) Robert Lewis Stier.
(c) Thomas Abraham Nash.
(d) John David Stier.
14. RAND Corporation first formed to offer research and analysis to the United States armed forces by what American aerospace manufacturer?
(a) Douglas Aircraft Company.
15. Kriegspiel is German for what?
(a) War game.
(b) Barking dog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was Lloyd Shapley's father?
2. RAND was set up in what year as Project RAND?
3. What religion did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents adopt?
4. Who was the professor to whom Nash was closest at Princeton?
5. During his first semester at Princeton, Nash would arrange his morning walk so he could see whom taking his morning walk?
This section contains 366 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)