|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nash's sister find a job during Nash's second summer at RAND in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) A library.
(b) A movie theatre.
(c) A bakery.
(d) A dentist's office.
2. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash didn't immediately secure a deferment from the draft but he had a delay until what date?
(a) February 15, 1950.
(b) June 30, 1951.
(c) August 9 1949.
(d) May 11, 1952.
3. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
(a) Geology and Earth Sciences.
(b) Foreign languages.
(c) Mathematics and Physics.
4. Joseph McCarthy served as a Republican U.S. Senator from what state?
(a) New Mexico.
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what month?
6. In Chapter Fourteen, Nash returned to Princeton to teach what while looking for a full-time position?
7. When did John von Neumann die?
8. RAND conducted experiments in games to see if the players did what, in Chapter Eighteen?
(a) Could win the game.
(b) Would lose the game.
(c) Acted as they predicted.
(d) Acted unpredictably.
9. Where was Albert Tucker when Nash mailed the first draft of his thesis to him in Chapter Ten?
10. Where did Nash, his sister and friend rent a small apartment during Nash's second summer at RAND?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) Las Vegas.
(c) Santa Barbara.
11. Nash's first infatuation with a man was in summer of what year?
12. In what year was John's sister Martha Nash born?
13. Kriegspiel is German for what?
(b) War game.
(c) Barking dog.
14. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. meet Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
(a) A Boston hospital.
(b) A library.
(c) A church mass.
(d) A bus stop.
15. Chapter Nineteen focuses on the McCarthy era in the spring of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what date did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents marry?
2. Where was Lloyd Shapley from?
3. Nash presented a talk on his work at the International Congress of Mathematics when in Chapter Fifteen?
4. Chapter Twenty-Four discusses Nash's friendship with what MIT graduate student?
5. What refers to a person whose expertise spans a significant number of different subject areas?
This section contains 363 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)