|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 - 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the Republic of Korea fight in the Korean War?
(b) The Democratic People's Republic of Korea.
2. Where in New York did John Forbes Nash, Jr. rent an apartment in Chapter Twenty-Nine?
(a) The Upper East Side.
(d) Greenwich Village.
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr. was born on what date?
(a) November 25, 1935.
(b) January 2, 1913.
(c) October 19, 1940.
(d) June 13, 1928.
4. What does IMU stand for?
(a) Infinite Mechanical Universe.
(b) International Manufacturing Union.
(c) International Mathematical Union.
(d) Infinite Mathematical Universe.
5. Nash's theorem in Chapter Fifteen basically said that it is possible for every manifold to find a part that corresponds to what?
(a) The original object.
(b) The Intermediate object.
(c) A basic equation.
(d) The end object.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was John Forbes Nash, Jr. born?
2. RAND was set up in what year as Project RAND?
3. Where did Nash, his sister and friend rent a small apartment during Nash's second summer at RAND?
4. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. meet Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
5. What is the name of the child John Forbes Nash, Jr. had with Eleanor in Chapter Twenty-Three?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)