|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 33 - 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Nash want to teach the most in Chapter Thirty-Three?
(a) Princeton University.
(b) Bluefield College.
(c) Harvard University.
(d) Carnegie Mellon University.
2. Where was Albert Tucker when Nash mailed the first draft of his thesis to him in Chapter Ten?
3. For what division did Nash work at New York University in Chapter Thirty?
(a) The Harvard Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
(b) The Antioch Institute of Technology.
(c) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
(d) The Courant Institute of Mathematical Sciences.
4. Where did John Forbes Nash, Sr. work during the Depression?
(a) Pacific Gas and Electric.
(b) Appalachian Power.
(c) Everglades Energy.
(d) Adirondack Light.
5. When did Joseph McCarthy die?
Short Answer Questions
1. Kriegspiel is German for what?
2. Princeton's Institute for Advanced Study was founded in what year?
3. When was the first Fields Medal awarded?
4. Nash declined the offer of a chair at the University of Chicago saying that he was becoming the emperor of what, in Chapter Thirty-Four?
5. The first signs of John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s mental deterioration appeared in what year, according to the Prologue?
This section contains 177 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)