|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was John von Neumann born?
2. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what month?
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics at what age?
4. Nash met with von Neumann to discuss his ideas regarding what in Chapter Ten?
(b) Riemann's Hypothesis.
(c) The continuum hypothesis.
(d) Game theory.
5. What refers to a research and development program, led by the United States with participation from the United Kingdom and Canada, that produced the first atomic bomb during World War II?
(a) Project Atomic.
(b) Project Destruction.
(c) The Manhattan Project.
(d) The Roswell Project.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
2. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
3. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s thesis for Princeton became known as what, as described in Chapter Ten?
4. On what date did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents marry?
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
This section contains 195 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)