|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was John von Neumann born?
(a) Los Angeles.
2. Princeton was building its faculty in what areas when John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived in Chapter Three?
(a) Geology and Earth Sciences.
(c) Foreign languages.
(d) Mathematics and Physics.
3. Who was the professor to whom Nash was closest at Princeton?
(a) Warren Ambrose.
(b) Norman Steenrod.
(c) Oskar Morgenstern.
(d) Lloyd Shapley.
4. John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s maternal grandfather held what profession?
5. What religion did John Forbes Nash, Jr.'s parents adopt?
Short Answer Questions
1. John Forbes Nash, Jr. arrived at Princeton in what year, in Chapter Three?
2. Chapter Eleven describes Nash's friendship with Lloyd Shapley which began in what year?
3. Nash invented a game of strategy at Princeton and what fellow student made the board for the game?
4. During his first semester at Princeton, Nash would arrange his morning walk so he could see whom taking his morning walk?
5. When was Lloyd Shapley born?
This section contains 171 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)