|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 10-13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did John Forbes Nash, Jr. take mathematics classes while in high school?
(b) Bluefield College.
(c) The University of Chicago.
(d) The Carnegie Institute of Technology.
2. Where was John von Neumann born?
(b) Los Angeles.
3. When was John von Neumann born?
4. Who was Lloyd Shapley's father?
(a) Harlow Shapley.
(b) Norman Shapley.
(c) John David Shapley.
(d) Mark Shapley.
5. John Forbes Nash, Jr. became interested in mathematics at what age?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter Ten, Nash developed an equilibrium point that could apply to more than two people and wasn't necessarily what?
2. Who did Nash ask to be his thesis advisor in Chapter Ten?
3. Who was the chairman of the mathematics department at Princeton when Nash began attending in Chapter Four?
4. Kriegspiel refers to a chess variant based upon the original "Kriegsspiel" developed by whom?
5. How old was John Forbes Nash, Jr. when he arrived at Princeton in Chapter Three?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)